UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Estep's Big Game and Coon Hounds
Pages (26): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Coon hunting

Took at hunt the other night. Treed one den and one on the outside.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-03-2014 11:11 AM
Bestep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bestep Click here to Send Bestep a Private Message Click Here to Email Bestep Find more posts by Bestep Add Bestep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

Good news about Chloe!

PM sent

Old Post 11-13-2014 02:46 AM
purgatoryblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purgatoryblue Click here to Send purgatoryblue a Private Message Find more posts by purgatoryblue Add purgatoryblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Treed this big boar the other night.

Old Post 11-14-2014 11:34 PM
Bestep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bestep Click here to Send Bestep a Private Message Click Here to Email Bestep Find more posts by Bestep Add Bestep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gladerunkennels
UKC Forum Member

Glad to see your hounds doing good on both bear and coon.
I hope that blue paint isn't for them to cut timber, good timber around here is hard to find nothing but tree tops, briars and multy flora roses. Seems sometimes I should be looking for rabbits not coon. I'm still interested in breeding into some of your stock just waiting to see which one and if the time is rite to do it.

Home of
Harvey's Glade Run nite ch Scoutin Lady
ZONE 3 FRIDAY NIGHT HIGH SCORING DOG
TOP 100 UKC WORLD FINALS
BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK FEMALE UKC WORLD FINALS
Harvey's Glade Run Beda
Harvey's Glade Run Hoss was sold and can not be bought back. Making a top bear hound.

Old Post 11-15-2014 06:50 PM
gladerunkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gladerunkennels Click here to Send gladerunkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email gladerunkennels Find more posts by gladerunkennels Add gladerunkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Gladerunkennels

They have started cutting the timber in this area, according to the blue paint they are going to cut a lot of timber. Let me know if I can you.

Old Post 11-16-2014 01:54 PM
Greg Boggs
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Do y'all have any pups available?

Old Post 11-16-2014 02:47 PM
Greg Boggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Greg Boggs Click here to Send Greg Boggs a Private Message Click Here to Email Greg Boggs Find more posts by Greg Boggs Add Greg Boggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

pups

I just had a female bred this week, should know in a few weeks if she is going to have pups. Thanks.

Old Post 11-16-2014 11:52 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Estep's Big Game and Coon Hounds

Took a hunt the other night and treed in this big oak.

Old Post 11-18-2014 10:22 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Chloe and June

Treed in this big oak, there was 5 coon in this tree, female and 4 kitten coon.

Old Post 11-21-2014 10:42 AM
Smoking_Bluedog
UKC Forum Member

pups out of Bobby's male

Not the best pic

owner of:
one Ol Blue Dog

Last edited by Smoking_Bluedog on 11-26-2014 at 01:12 AM

Old Post 11-26-2014 12:30 AM
Smoking_Bluedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoking_Bluedog Click here to Send Smoking_Bluedog a Private Message Click Here to Email Smoking_Bluedog Find more posts by Smoking_Bluedog Add Smoking_Bluedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

Bear Season is here!

Just talked with my neighbor/hunting buddy. He's excited about tomorrow. He and his all-blues will be hunting early tomorrow morning. I hope you and your son have the best season ever. I'll be watching for pictures if you should decide to post them. A lot of the bearhunters in this area don't post because of the anti-hunting groups. Beware of strangers wanting to go on a hunt.

Old Post 12-01-2014 01:46 AM
purgatoryblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purgatoryblue Click here to Send purgatoryblue a Private Message Find more posts by purgatoryblue Add purgatoryblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

purgatoryblues

Thanks, I believe it will be a good year, plenty of mast bear should be scattered somewhat. I try to be very careful on what pics I post.I don't want to offend any one or give the Anti hunters something to holler about. Its a good time for my son and I to spend time together. Its something he and both enjoy. Thanks again, talk to ya soon.

Old Post 12-02-2014 09:42 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Took Chloe out the other night and treed a coon in this oak tree.

Old Post 12-07-2014 11:54 AM
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

A good season!

So far my neighbor has had a good season. He hunts Craig and Giles Cos.. He grew up in the two counties and has hunted them since he was a young boy. He said there's more little bear this time than he's ever seen in previous seasons. I'm glad to hear how good his young hounds are doing. They may be the last out of my old hound,he's coming 9yrs.old and good gyps are hard to find to breed to. I hope your and Tom's season is going well.

Old Post 12-10-2014 04:00 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

purgatoryblues

We have little bear here also, the nicer ones are harder to find. We have had a good season so far, hope to get more time off to hunt in the next couple weeks. Below is a pic. of one of the smaller bear.

Old Post 12-11-2014 09:55 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Pic of nice bear and hounds after a long run.

Old Post 12-16-2014 11:21 AM
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the pictures.

I love to see good bearhounds at the tree. It's a shame they age so fast. I hope you can keep this stock of hounds going so Tom can hunt them when his sons are old enough to hunt with him. Good hunting to you both.

Old Post 12-16-2014 03:44 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Purgatoryblue

We really enjoy hunting our hounds, and yes they seem to grow old very fast. I hope we can keep this bloodline around for a long time. It may not be the best, but it works really well for us. Here is a pic of a really nice bear we treed.

Old Post 12-21-2014 02:54 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Pic. below is a bear we had treed . Tommy got there first and the bear came out and ran into these rocks, backed into this hole . Tommy took a quick photo before things got heated up.

Old Post 12-27-2014 11:00 AM
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

Bear in the rocks!

Whoever said "a picture is worth a thousand words" knew what he was talking about. Maybe he was a bearhunter too. That's great camera work Tom.

Old Post 12-27-2014 04:05 PM
gladerunkennels
UKC Forum Member

Re: Estep's Big Game and Coon Hounds

quote:
Originally posted by Bestep
Pic. below is a bear we had treed . Tommy got there first and the bear came out and ran into these rocks, backed into this hole . Tommy took a quick photo before things got heated up.

Looks like a dog mite have been bleeding. Just seen some blood by the rock. Hope all is well and dogs are doing good. We got out ran twice this week, the young dogs are coming on but I don't think they're running to catch just yet and one has a good nose but isn't running with his head up.
Good luck and happy holidays.

Home of
Harvey's Glade Run nite ch Scoutin Lady
ZONE 3 FRIDAY NIGHT HIGH SCORING DOG
TOP 100 UKC WORLD FINALS
BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK FEMALE UKC WORLD FINALS
Harvey's Glade Run Beda
Harvey's Glade Run Hoss was sold and can not be bought back. Making a top bear hound.

Old Post 12-27-2014 05:52 PM
gladerunkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gladerunkennels Click here to Send gladerunkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email gladerunkennels Find more posts by gladerunkennels Add gladerunkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Gladerunkennels

One of my hounds had to go to the vet, he is out for the rest of the season, all four hounds are going to be ok. All you can do is keep taking your young hounds to the woods. I hope your young hound with a good nose learns to pick its head up, a friend of mine had a young hound with a good nose and he never learned to pick his head up and run. Not even on a hot track. Your right a hound has to have the desire to " Run To Catch " to tree bear. Take care and Happy Holidays to you.

Old Post 12-28-2014 11:49 AM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

We had some friends come down and take a hunt with us,they wanted to see a bear in a tree. We had a split chase and treed both bear. Tom went to one tree and took these pics. The other bear came out on us two times,finally Tom and I got in to the third tree and caught the dogs before he came out again. Our freinds got to see their first bear in a tree. They had a great time.

Old Post 12-30-2014 10:06 PM
hollaback maine
UKC Forum Member

Happy New Year.....
Hope all is well and your New Year is better then ever!

Old Post 12-31-2014 11:17 PM
hollaback maine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hollaback maine Click here to Send hollaback maine a Private Message Find more posts by hollaback maine Add hollaback maine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

We treed this very nice bear and decided it was a sow bear,and let her go. We guessed here to weigh around 300lbs.

Old Post 01-01-2015 10:20 AM