UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Diamond Dog Food
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SCBluetickGal
I'm starting on my second week of feeding Extreme Athlete after being loyal to Pro-Plan for several years, 4Health most recently. A couple of my hard keepers are looking a little heavier on it than the Performance 4Health blend, but I won't make my final decision on whether to continue using it for a few more bags. I've had generally good results with 4Health, with my dogs keeping a muscle tone I never saw with Pro-Plan. I like that it has no corn, wheat, or soy as well.

My only gripe thus far with EA is that I gave the hound I keep indoors about 1/4 a cup with his regular 4Health food last night, thinking I may switch him over. Long story short, I was up all night running him in and out because of severe diarrhea. Maybe it just didn't sit well with him, but I doubt he'll be eating the EA from now on.

You can change feed cold turkey if you add about a cup and a half of cooked rice. keeps things bound together.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-09-2011 11:23 PM
CSnowgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSnowgren Click here to Send CSnowgren a Private Message Find more posts by CSnowgren Add CSnowgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Traxx Addict
Good grief folks....Did anyone here graduate 8th grade??

When you feed better feed, you feed LESS of it.

I can take a $34 bag of Diamond Extreme athlete and make it last nearly as long as 2-50#, $25 bags of Black Diamond, Hi-Standard, PRIDE or the other junk corn based slop they pawn off as dog food.

Okay class...Lets do the math.

One 40#bag of DIAMOND EA 32/50 = $34

Two 50# bags of CORN BASED JUNK = $50

One bag of Diamond EA lasts as long as 1.5 bags of CORN BASED JUNK.

It is costing you $37.50 to feed dogs the junk for the same amount of time one bag of $34 Diamond EA would last.

The last time I checked, that ends up with a savings of $3.50 for feeding your dogs DIAMOND EA.

Not to mention the health benefits you are giving your dog.

I SAVE MONEY BY FEEDING BETTER FEED. YOU WOULD TOO IF YOU WOULDN'T BE SO PROUD, ARROGANT, AND UNABLE TO ADMIT YOU AREN'T DOING RIGHT BY YOUR DOGS AND BUY BETTER FEED.

Guesswork!

Old Post 02-09-2011 11:39 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by CSnowgren
You can change feed cold turkey if you add about a cup and a half of cooked rice. keeps things bound together.

Plus..Make sure you aren't overfeeding him. I have one dog that looks great on 2 cups a day. If I feed him 3 cups he will start getting loose stool.

No sense in mixing the feed. Old wives tale and can actually cause more problems then necessary.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...
GRNITECH Hawk's Traxx Attack X Stylish Pete/ Wipeout Female

Old Post 02-10-2011 01:18 AM
Traxx Addict is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traxx Addict Click here to Send Traxx Addict a Private Message Find more posts by Traxx Addict Add Traxx Addict to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COYOTE-HUNTER
UKC Forum Member

Jeeze Traxx...and I thought old age was killing them. These old dogs..and it is not one in a million..seem to be fine and get up and go everyday.

Old Post 02-10-2011 11:11 AM
COYOTE-HUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COYOTE-HUNTER Click here to Send COYOTE-HUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email COYOTE-HUNTER Find more posts by COYOTE-HUNTER Add COYOTE-HUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by COYOTE-HUNTER
Jeeze Traxx...and I thought old age was killing them. These old dogs..and it is not one in a million..seem to be fine and get up and go everyday.

I am sure they do. That is called "being a dog". What you don't see is the damage and strain on their system feeding them corn, chicken feathers, hair, and cow/pig/ and horse feet is doing to their systems.

A dog cannot come out and tell you their stomach and digestive system is in constant strain and stress. It cannot tell you it's kidneys are being forced to work 5X as hard to extract the needed nutrients and protein from their feed just to survive.

Common sense says if you know the feed you are feeding is inferior, and there is a CHEAPER alternative that guarantees that what you are feeding your dog wont KILL THEM or HURT THEM, you would do it instead of trying to argue against FACTS and justify your allegiance to junk dog food.

I PROMISE you that if you are feeding a corn based dog fed the insides of your dog are STRESSED, INFLAMED, and RAW from the extra acid it's stomach has to produce to break down the corn and crude, inferior proteins.

I found out the hard way. I had one of the best females I ever own die after a long "illness". My vet claimed she had a bad case of worms.

Come to find out, after an autopsy by a local vet school, her stomach was producing so much acid to break down the junk feed I was feeding her it basically eat thru her stomach and destroyed her internal organs.

A lot of people who think they have a wormy dog they cannot never seem to fatten up actually have a dog whose stomach is producing so much acid, due to the bad feed, that they are never getting any the nutrients into their system because it is being burned up. Eventually the acid will thin down the stomach lining and leak into their other organs killing them.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-10-2011 12:28 PM
Traxx Addict is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traxx Addict Click here to Send Traxx Addict a Private Message Find more posts by Traxx Addict Add Traxx Addict to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

OMG! It's gets worse and worse as we go!

Old Post 02-10-2011 12:40 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tleesgirl
UKC Forum Member

we just started feeding the diamond naturals high performance, it was on sale fo 24.99 at menards and we like it.

feed less, and the clean up is better also if you know what i mean.

we were feeding regular diamond high performance, (brown bag) but it just wasnt that great...

Strawberry Mtn Kennels
Home of GrNtCh Pr Strawberry Mt Let There Be Rock-Rock
GrNtCh Pr Strawberry Mt I'm A Lumberjack-Timber

Old Post 02-10-2011 12:44 PM
tleesgirl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tleesgirl Click here to Send tleesgirl a Private Message Click Here to Email tleesgirl Find more posts by tleesgirl Add tleesgirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roger mayfield
UKC Forum Member

I have been feeding the EA for over a month. It's hands down the best feed I have ever fed. Was buying from Tractor Supply hear for 34.99 a bag befor tax. The good news is I asked a little feed store hear around the house If he could get and and he started getting it for me . He only charges $27 a bag for the extreme athlete which is a huge savings for me. The only question I have for someone that has fed it threw the summer months is is it safe to feed during the dog days of summer. Just wanting to make sure all the protein and fat it contains won't overheat my dogs. Thanks in advance.

Old Post 02-10-2011 02:14 PM
roger mayfield is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roger mayfield Click here to Send roger mayfield a Private Message Click Here to Email roger mayfield Find more posts by roger mayfield Add roger mayfield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by roger mayfield
I have been feeding the EA for over a month. It's hands down the best feed I have ever fed. Was buying from Tractor Supply hear for 34.99 a bag befor tax. The good news is I asked a little feed store hear around the house If he could get and and he started getting it for me . He only charges $27 a bag for the extreme athlete which is a huge savings for me. The only question I have for someone that has fed it threw the summer months is is it safe to feed during the dog days of summer. Just wanting to make sure all the protein and fat it contains won't overheat my dogs. Thanks in advance.

It shouldn't if you adjust according to the individual needs of the dog. Overheating usually occurs for one of three primary reasons..... The reason most overheat is due to the high carbohydrate content of the cheaper feeds. While dogs utilize carbs differently than humans, they still have the same side effects....water retention. A larger volume of water is retained in the dogs muscles and as the dog works, that water heats up and it takes much longer for it to cool down than one who isn't carb loaded. Results in the dog never catching its breath, slower activity and stamina drops way off. This all results in a decrease of performance. But, many will claim that "my dog is still hunting!" and he may be....but I guarantee he is not hunting as hard as he could be. The 2nd reason dogs may heat up quickly is due a lack of quality fat that is missing in cheaper feeds. Dogs use fat as their primary energy source. In other words, fuel. If they don't have a quality supply, they burn through what little bit they have quickly and they peter out. Again, they may still hunt, but not at a level they could be if you give them the fuel they need. The 3rd reason dogs will overheat is simply due to a lack of conditioning. As with any athlete, they will never reach peak conditioning if feed a poor diet. And yes, they will survive and put one foot in front of the other if fed junk, but you as an owner will never recognize the total performance that your dog is capable of until you enable your dog in every aspect of performance. Dogs evolved as both scavenger and predator. They will survive on crap, they have for eons, but I prefer to and am able to, keep mine as athletes. Making the move to a better feed has no negative aspects.

Old Post 02-10-2011 02:44 PM
CSnowgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSnowgren Click here to Send CSnowgren a Private Message Find more posts by CSnowgren Add CSnowgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Plus..Make sure you aren't overfeeding him. I have one dog that looks great on 2 cups a day. If I feed him 3 cups he will start getting loose stool.

No sense in mixing the feed. Old wives tale and can actually cause more problems then necessary.

I generally don't take the time to gradually switch feed, especially since I try to only buy when I'm out. I've got a good many dogs and I don't cut corners on feed prices by buying a lower quality feed, so I don't buy more than is needed at a time for sure.

Perhaps quantity was the issue for this dog, but I doubt it. I didn't feed him any more than he gets on a normal day, and I actually cut back the amount of his old food a bit since I was adding in the high fat. I've checked the other dogs with me this week, and with the exception of one that is finishing his round of Safeguard stools look good on the EA even with the abrupt change. One of my females that has always been prone to loose stools looks great, and has produced VERY little waste this week. I suspect Waylon's stomach issues may have come from the "satin ball" he gets with his evening meal. This was the only other variable that changed other than adding in the EA, and I did make a new batch of satin balls over the weekend. I'm afraid either the hamburger meat or eggs may have been tainted in some way, so I'm thinking that batch will go in the trash. Right now he's on boiled chicken breasts and rice, and was able to sleep through the night without needing to go outside so I believe he's on the mend. Never did lose his energy or appetite, so that's a relief.

CH'PR'Moss Blue Carolina Rain-Queen of Show, BBOA Zone 6 Championship
NITECH CH 'PR' Carolina Flo
CH 'PR' Poison Whiskey Waylon
CH 'PR' Cruse's I'm Your Huckleberry
CH'PR' PoisonWhiskey WildHoney
'PR' Poison Whiskey CowgirlsDontCry
CH'PR' Bowers & O'Connor's Foxy Roxy
PoisonWhiskey SonOfTheSouth

Poison Whiskey Hello Darlin'-2013 AL State BMOS, AL State Hall of Fame King of Show

PoisonWhiskey LilMsHonkyTonk

Coming Soon...
PoisonWhiskeyMaybeItWasMemphis
PoisonWhiskey Heart Like Mine
-------------------------
In loving memory...
CCH GRCH 'PR' Swampland Blue Gypsy-RIP sweet girl
'PR' Miller Time

Old Post 02-10-2011 03:06 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

ScBluetickgirl,

The reason your dog may have loose stool the first few days or week of going onto Diamond EA is because their system is used to producing more acids to breakdown the food they have been used to. These extra acids make the stool softer and runnier.

Most people don't allow the dogs system to adjust before taking them off the feed. Their ignorance then believes it is the feed that is causing it, when in actuality it is the previous inferior feed they have been feeding that caused it.

Stick with the Diamond EA. It sounds like your dogs are liking it and you WILL see a positive difference in your dogs health and energy levels in the field.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-10-2011 03:11 PM
ICB
UKC Forum Member

I love diamond!

Switch a dog to Diamond and feed it a lot less than you normally have. Do this for 3 months and you will see the difference.

There have also been scientific studies done with scenting ability and how that ability is directly related to digestible fat intake.

Fat dogs will trim down, skinny dogs when thicken up. Either way they end up tighter and in better condition.

Diamond will tighten up their stools, and the stools and the dog itself will smell a lot better after a month or so.

A bag of cheap feed may last a month. A bag of Diamond will last 3 months. Do the math on the cost.

http://www.diamondpet.com/products/...r_athletic_dog/

Count your blessings everyday!

Last edited by ICB on 02-10-2011 at 04:11 PM

Old Post 02-10-2011 04:08 PM
ICB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ICB Click here to Send ICB a Private Message Click Here to Email ICB Find more posts by ICB Add ICB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ICB
UKC Forum Member

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-f...urals-dog-food/

Diamond is a 4 star dog food. Anyone on here feeding a 5 star from this website? If so how much is it?

Count your blessings everyday!

Old Post 02-10-2011 04:15 PM
ICB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ICB Click here to Send ICB a Private Message Click Here to Email ICB Find more posts by ICB Add ICB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hootchandjaws
UKC Forum Member

feed

I am planning on switching to diamond ea and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with it I know it is a 4 star feed. just wanna make sure before I commit to the feed.

Old Post 02-10-2011 04:22 PM
hootchandjaws is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hootchandjaws Click here to Send hootchandjaws a Private Message Click Here to Email hootchandjaws Find more posts by hootchandjaws Add hootchandjaws to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ICB
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-f...urals-dog-food/

Diamond is a 4 star dog food. Anyone on here feeding a 5 star from this website? If so how much is it?

I've fed Taste of the Wild before, and I liked it. I believe last I looked it's around $46 for a 30 or 35 lb bag at TSC.

I've also priced Origen, Evo, and Canidae. All look like great feeds, but they are VERY expensive at the couple places I found that carry them near me. I want to say a 30 lb bag was around $50.

Traxx, I'm excited to see how the EA is going to work out. The dogs' energy levels do seem to be up already, and with now being the time of the year I hunt and condition for shows the most I'll get a good picture of how it does for me under those conditions.

CH'PR'Moss Blue Carolina Rain-Queen of Show, BBOA Zone 6 Championship
NITECH CH 'PR' Carolina Flo
CH 'PR' Poison Whiskey Waylon
CH 'PR' Cruse's I'm Your Huckleberry
CH'PR' PoisonWhiskey WildHoney
'PR' Poison Whiskey CowgirlsDontCry
CH'PR' Bowers & O'Connor's Foxy Roxy
PoisonWhiskey SonOfTheSouth

Poison Whiskey Hello Darlin'-2013 AL State BMOS, AL State Hall of Fame King of Show

PoisonWhiskey LilMsHonkyTonk

Coming Soon...
PoisonWhiskeyMaybeItWasMemphis
PoisonWhiskey Heart Like Mine
-------------------------
In loving memory...
CCH GRCH 'PR' Swampland Blue Gypsy-RIP sweet girl
'PR' Miller Time

Old Post 02-10-2011 04:22 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

Re: I love diamond!

quote:
Originally posted by ICB

Fat dogs will trim down, skinny dogs when thicken up. Either way they end up tighter and in better condition.

Diamond will tighten up their stools, and the stools and the dog itself will smell a lot better after a month or so.

Yep..I laugh at the folks who think their feed is good because it makes their dogs fat.

Good feed doesn't make fat..it makes LEAN MUSCLE.

My dogs look like body builders, not rolls of bologna with legs. They dont thin down when hunted hard either.

I agree with the smell comment as well.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-10-2011 05:36 PM
critter
UKC Forum Member

canidae

Im feeding Canidae all life stages,getting it at a Kent feed store.Costs about 92$ a hundred.That is a 44 lb.bag with a 4 lb.bonus rite now.Hopefully it will stay that way.Started feeding 3 cups per day and have cut back to 21/2 per day.At 3 cups it costs about 70 cents a day,Before this i was feeding Sportsmix and was feeding 4-5 cups per day.Cost about 50 cents per day.Sportsmix 1 star,Canidae 4 stars.For 15 cents per day Canidae is a far superior dog food.Also im talking about a 60 pound dog.Also,no corn,soy,or wheat.

Old Post 02-10-2011 06:48 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Good grief folks....Did anyone here graduate 8th grade??

When you feed better feed, you feed LESS of it.

I can take a $34 bag of Diamond Extreme athlete and make it last nearly as long as 2-50#, $25 bags of Black Diamond, Hi-Standard, PRIDE or the other junk corn based slop they pawn off as dog food.

Okay class...Lets do the math.

One 40#bag of DIAMOND EA 32/50 = $34

Two 50# bags of CORN BASED JUNK = $50

One bag of Diamond EA lasts as long as 1.5 bags of CORN BASED JUNK.

It is costing you $37.50 to feed dogs the junk for the same amount of time one bag of $34 Diamond EA would last.

The last time I checked, that ends up with a savings of $3.50 for feeding your dogs DIAMON

I SAVE MONEY BY FEEDING BETTER FEED. YOU WOULD TOO IF YOU WOULDN'T BE SO PROUD, ARROGANT, AND UNABLE TO ADMIT YOU AREN'T DOING RIGHT BY YOUR DOGS AND BUY BETTER FEED.

How much? I mean ur measuring cup or Oz's per dog per day. Please reply!

Old Post 02-10-2011 09:28 PM
II Chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for II Chance Click here to Send II Chance a Private Message Find more posts by II Chance Add II Chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roger mayfield
UKC Forum Member

Use what the bag tells u for the recomended weight of the dog. I feed my dog three cups a day. That is actual measureing cups. It doesn't seem like enough when put in a dogs pan but they will flourish off this food. Great feed in my OP.

Old Post 02-10-2011 10:47 PM
roger mayfield is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roger mayfield Click here to Send roger mayfield a Private Message Click Here to Email roger mayfield Find more posts by roger mayfield Add roger mayfield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chester cooner
UKC Forum Member

Diamond

What about older dogs who have beenon corn based feed their whole lives, will the Diamond EA still help?

Old Post 02-11-2011 12:19 AM
chester cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chester cooner Click here to Send chester cooner a Private Message Find more posts by chester cooner Add chester cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by roger mayfield
Use what the bag tells u for the recomended weight of the dog. I feed my dog three cups a day. That is actual measureing cups. It doesn't seem like enough when put in a dogs pan but they will flourish off this food. Great feed in my OP.

Thanks i knew info is on back of bag, but was curious and wanted someone two commit to thier feeding plain, I've had beagles for a long time they had feeders with them all the time and stayed fit and trim. I'm in the process of going back into the coondog world, have really missed it. I am wanting to feed them right. They will be hunted year round weather permitting. Could have ask my new found friend Bryan Whitted or long time friend Russel Bellar, but they have already helped me tremendosly
with the right hounds just couldn't ask them how to feed them. The UKC forum pages are going to be a very important tool in my second venture of coondog traning and then another try at the hunts. I have trained some real good young dogs, but in the hunts i seen to over commit and mishandled them in the hunts. Just got flustraighted and quit. Thanks again Buddy! Good dogs can't make up for BAD handling.

Last edited by II Chance on 02-11-2011 at 06:36 PM

Old Post 02-11-2011 12:58 AM
II Chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for II Chance Click here to Send II Chance a Private Message Find more posts by II Chance Add II Chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

Re: Diamond

quote:
Originally posted by chester cooner
What about older dogs who have beenon corn based feed their whole lives, will the Diamond EA still help?

Definitely....YES.

Just like smoking....it is never too late to quit.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-11-2011 01:26 AM
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CSnowgren
It shouldn't if you adjust according to the individual needs of the dog. Overheating usually occurs for one of three primary reasons..... The reason most overheat is due to the high carbohydrate content of the cheaper feeds. While dogs utilize carbs differently than humans, they still have the same side effects....water retention. A larger volume of water is retained in the dogs muscles and as the dog works, that water heats up and it takes much longer for it to cool down than one who isn't carb loaded. Results in the dog never catching its breath, slower activity and stamina drops way off. This all results in a decrease of performance. But, many will claim that "my dog is still hunting!" and he may be....but I guarantee he is not hunting as hard as he could be. The 2nd reason dogs may heat up quickly is due a lack of quality fat that is missing in cheaper feeds. Dogs use fat as their primary energy source. In other words, fuel. If they don't have a quality supply, they burn through what little bit they have quickly and they peter out. Again, they may still hunt, but not at a level they could be if you give them the fuel they need. The 3rd reason dogs will overheat is simply due to a lack of conditioning. As with any athlete, they will never reach peak conditioning if feed a poor diet. And yes, they will survive and put one foot in front of the other if fed junk, but you as an owner will never recognize the total performance that your dog is capable of until you enable your dog in every aspect of performance. Dogs evolved as both scavenger and predator. They will survive on crap, they have for eons, but I prefer to and am able to, keep mine as athletes. Making the move to a better feed has no negative aspects.

I love that someone enjoys researching and has an understanding of progression!!

Traxx... I really think (and this will probably piss some folks off) some people either are A. too simple minded to understand complex thought or B. just don't care!

I remember getting my first dog as an adult. I didn't know anything aout anything. But I did have the mental fortitude to research and learn. I learned ALOT... only because I wanted to. I thought feeding this and working a dog like that was it. Then I had folks telling me, in no certain terms, what I was doing and feeding did not work! Being me I got mad for being told "I" was wrong asked WHY? I was given answers and researched them answers and saw what I was doing wrong.

I love working dogs!! No matter if they are game bred pitbulls conditioned for combat or sled dogs mushing the iditarod! I took the most conveinant and impressive learning tool availible to me, the internet, and set out to learn all I could. I think everyone could benifit from trying to learn!

Old Post 02-11-2011 03:09 AM
Kris Cisna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kris Cisna Click here to Send Kris Cisna a Private Message Click Here to Email Kris Cisna Find more posts by Kris Cisna Add Kris Cisna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COYOTE-HUNTER
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Traxx, I am not against what you are saying and find it very interesting. I do have some questions and want to learn as much as possible.
Guys are feeding 2-3 cups a day of the Diamond EA and are having good results and dogs are in shape and muscled.
I am feeding Diamond Hi-Energy 2-3 cups a day and running 4-5 days a week and have dogs in great shape and muscled up.
So my question is if I get the same results as the EA then what are the benifits to feeding it? Is it because the EA is meat based? I have never noticed a breakdown in my dogs.
Thanks.

Old Post 02-11-2011 11:16 AM
COYOTE-HUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COYOTE-HUNTER Click here to Send COYOTE-HUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email COYOTE-HUNTER Find more posts by COYOTE-HUNTER Add COYOTE-HUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by techno
I love that someone enjoys researching and has an understanding of progression!!

Traxx... I really think (and this will probably piss some folks off) some people either are A. too simple minded to understand complex thought or B. just don't care!

I remember getting my first dog as an adult. I didn't know anything aout anything. But I did have the mental fortitude to research and learn. I learned ALOT... only because I wanted to. I thought feeding this and working a dog like that was it. Then I had folks telling me, in no certain terms, what I was doing and feeding did not work! Being me I got mad for being told "I" was wrong asked WHY? I was given answers and researched them answers and saw what I was doing wrong.

I love working dogs!! No matter if they are game bred pitbulls conditioned for combat or sled dogs mushing the iditarod! I took the most conveinant and impressive learning tool availible to me, the internet, and set out to learn all I could. I think everyone could benifit from trying to learn!

Oh no!!!! Not another legend in his own mind!

Old Post 02-11-2011 11:58 AM