UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Stillwater Farms Bluetick Kennels....
Pages (29): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

Stillwater Farms Bluetick Kennels....

Just a little insite about myself and this kennel.I have had hounds for upwards of 20 years now and even though I am fairly new to the Bluetick breed,anyone that knows me will tell you,I love a good Bluetick coonhound.I very rarely hunt an old dog because I enjoy hunting the youngsters and starting pups.Compitition coonhunting is my passion and I love getting after them with a young one.Although I've finished a few pretty nice Grandnite dogs here and offered them to the public the last few years,I don't consider myself a breeder,I don't keep more than 3 dogs here at a time and no brood females.If I ain't hunting them,I ain't feeding them,plain and simple.I will raise a litter myself here and there for my own use and usually have a male dog worthy of raising a litter if anyone is interested in useing it.Although I have sold Legend,there are a few up and coming Bluetick youngsters here that hopefully will make a little noise this year in the compitition circle.I look foward to seeing everyone and good luck to all the men and women out there trying to promote and raise a better Blue dog.

HOME OF.........
GRNITECH STILLWATER FARM'S BLUE LEGEND
NITECH STILLWATER FARM'S BLUE PRODIGY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-27-2011 04:18 AM
stillwater farm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stillwater farm Click here to Send stillwater farm a Private Message Click Here to Email stillwater farm Find more posts by stillwater farm Add stillwater farm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Winston Puryear
UKC Forum Member

Hello Tom,

Who bought legend?? Doesn't matter who I've talked to they have all said the same thing n that he was the right kind!! Bar-none Coondog!! Have a great Will you be in Orangeburg next weekend?? Have a great New Years!!!

Say a prayer for our Troops n remember we get to hunt while they sacrifice all!!

Old Post 12-27-2011 04:46 PM
Winston Puryear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Winston Puryear Click here to Send Winston Puryear a Private Message Click Here to Email Winston Puryear Find more posts by Winston Puryear Add Winston Puryear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Winston Puryear
Who bought legend?? Doesn't matter who I've talked to they have all said the same thing n that he was the right kind!! Bar-none Coondog!! Have a great Will you be in Orangeburg next weekend?? Have a great New Years!!!

Mr. Puryear,Jimmy Wills is the new owner of Legend.Legend made an outstanding finished hound,only problem was Image coming on strong and was bored with Legend.Jimmy is hunting him nightly and really enjoying him.He was just going to waste here and I'm glad that someone is enjoying him now.
Won't be going to Orangeburg.Trying to get a job buttoned up in the next few weeks and getting ready for my yearly trip to the PKC Jasper Jamboree in Feb.Something about a blue dog running wide open in a big swamp that trips this fat man's trigger...I LOVE THAT HUNT.LOL.Have a good New Years yourself and good luck to you at the Grand America if you make the trip.

HOME OF.........

Old Post 12-27-2011 10:58 PM
stillwater farm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stillwater farm Click here to Send stillwater farm a Private Message Click Here to Email stillwater farm Find more posts by stillwater farm Add stillwater farm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

What if??

Tom, if I tell you...."let's go coon hunt'in boys"......just like ole Kurt, will you still take me hunting?

All kidding aside, ole Tom usually has a blue haired biscuit eater or two out back that can sure tree some of those Ohio Woodlot Coons in style! He will lay out with you till the sun is coming up if you want to hunt that late. Best of luck to Stillwater Farms Bluetick Kennels in 2012!

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 12-28-2011 05:51 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Vic,and Happy New years to all.

HOME OF.........

Old Post 12-31-2011 11:49 PM
Billl Kooser
UKC Forum Member

Tom, Happy New Year !!!!! Billy

Old Post 01-01-2012 04:22 PM
Billl Kooser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billl Kooser Click here to Send Billl Kooser a Private Message Click Here to Email Billl Kooser Visit Billl Kooser's homepage! Find more posts by Billl Kooser Add Billl Kooser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Billy.It was good talking to you today on the phone.Also had a good conversation with Vic Stoll.Sounds like Snow is doing good for him and Harry and Monkey seems to be coming on also.

Looks like old man weather is fixing to set in up here.30 mph winds and snow is blowing sideways right now and in the lower 20s.Image and Baby Six both looked descent for the time of the year and conditions last night.Each treed one on the outside,two den trees a piece and Baby Six put a hot track down a ditch and it went in the ground.Cold and miserable but they seemed to be moving.The coon should be in full rut in a week or two.Both coon that I killed were boars and one was swelled up pretty good.

HOME OF.........

Old Post 01-02-2012 10:39 PM
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

Image last year,he was 13 months old at the time.9 degrees that night.I was hunting with Matt Turner that night(one of the many that we were hunting when we should of been home).He thought I was crazy for hunting him that night and looking back now I have to agree with him.LOL.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by matt a turner
[B]

HOME OF.........

Old Post 01-03-2012 02:06 AM
Billl Kooser
UKC Forum Member

Hi Tom, Those are some great pics of Image! Also congratulations on finishing him to Grand Night Champion. I know you are proud of him and rightly so. He is one of the most accurate young dogs I have hunted with. And what a mouth! Take care. Billy

Old Post 01-03-2012 05:07 PM
Billl Kooser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billl Kooser Click here to Send Billl Kooser a Private Message Click Here to Email Billl Kooser Visit Billl Kooser's homepage! Find more posts by Billl Kooser Add Billl Kooser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Blue Dog Weather!

quote:
Originally posted by stillwater farm
[B]Image last year,he was 13 months old at the time.9 degrees that night.I was hunting with Matt Turner that night(one of the many that we were hunting when we should of been home).He thought I was crazy for hunting him that night and looking back now I have to agree with him.LOL.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by matt a turner
[B]

I always thought it was the owner of that Blue Dog that had slipped a tooth on his gear! The Blue Dog was just the recipient of the owners slippage!

Darned ole Woodlot Coons, Blue Dogs, & half crazy people on the other end of the strap. Keep em in the timber!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 01-03-2012 05:23 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waste of money
UKC Forum Member

GOOD BLUE HOUND!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey tom haven't talked to ya in awhile didn't know you had the old man on the going away list that's a schocker to me..........Image sure must have gotten all your time for you to sell legend!!!!!!!!!!!! keep me in mind for a hound to hunt at ashland for you i might be able to follow one of THEM OFF COLORED HOUNDS.....LOL

Old Post 01-03-2012 07:07 PM
waste of money is offline Click Here to See the Profile for waste of money Click here to Send waste of money a Private Message Find more posts by waste of money Add waste of money to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by waste of money
Hey tom haven't talked to ya in awhile didn't know you had the old man on the going away list that's a schocker to me..........Image sure must have gotten all your time for you to sell legend!!!!!!!!!!!! keep me in mind for a hound to hunt at ashland for you i might be able to follow one of THEM OFF COLORED HOUNDS.....LOL

Joe,it's good to hear from you.Legend was only on one list here and that was the standing around and going to waste list,that is why I sold him.He is not far from me and don't be suprised if we don't show up together somewhere from time to time still

Image is doing just fine but not being hunted real hard right now.I've been hunting the hair off of Baby Six.If she isn't in heat,we will be at Ashland.I am expecting a very good year for this kennel with these two.I am,to say the least,VERY PLEASED with them so far.Baby Six,AKA "The Scud Missile" is the closest thing to Legend out of him that I've seen so far.She is quick on both ends and very accurate.I am really looking foward to this coming summer with her,she acts good....REAL GOOD.LOL.

HOME OF.........

Old Post 01-05-2012 01:26 AM
matt a turner
UKC Forum Member

Tom thanks for bringing the Scud AKA Baby Six.this little hussey is action packed looked real good and Oh baby she has Legends locate I love it.she looked pretty nice.Tom you did good with her.Keep up the good work she is making a nice hound.

DON'T LOOSE SIGHT !!! SET YOUR GOALS HIGH !!!

MOSQUITO CREEK BLUETICK KENNEL.
MOSQUITO CREEK SINCE 1989.
I SUPPORT THE BLUETICK BIG GAME AND COONHOUND FANCIERS !
937-489-7279.

Old Post 01-10-2012 06:19 AM
matt a turner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for matt a turner Click here to Send matt a turner a Private Message Visit matt a turner's homepage! Find more posts by matt a turner Add matt a turner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Matt.It was good to see you again.Enjoyed the hunt with the young dogs.Look foward to going again soon.

HOME OF.........

Old Post 01-11-2012 03:03 AM
waste of money
UKC Forum Member

ASHLAND

You never idi answer me if your going to have something for me to hunt at ashland.........You know i might be able to find a spot with a coon or to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 01-15-2012 10:10 PM
waste of money is offline Click Here to See the Profile for waste of money Click here to Send waste of money a Private Message Find more posts by waste of money Add waste of money to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

Sorry Joe,after last night I don't have anything but Baby Six and that's what I'll be hunting.Had a few men up from North Carolina last night and we hunted in some pretty rough conditions.Brian Allen and Winston Puryear made the trip and seen first hand what January coonhunting in Ohio can sometimes be.We had a good time and did manage to tree one on the outside,a few dens,and put one in a barn.When they left last night they took Image with them back to North Carolina.

Good Luck with him Mr. Allen.Image in a nice young hound and I hope you and your son enjoy him to the fullest.Right now the"Scud Missile"is my one and only focus.She is the right kind and I will be putting all of my time into her.I like her......no,I REALLY LIKE HER.

HOME OF.........

Old Post 01-16-2012 01:13 AM
team blue
New UKC Forum Member

Tom, I just wanted to say thanks for the hospitality you showed us last night and for the chance to come up and hunt with you & Image. We had a great time and look forward to coming this spring for a hunt. Image is doing good at his new home and my little boy is so excited about the addition to the family. I'll keep you up to date about Image and send you pictures as soon as I can.

Old Post 01-16-2012 03:13 AM
team blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for team blue Click here to Send team blue a Private Message Click Here to Email team blue Find more posts by team blue Add team blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by team blue
Tom, I just wanted to say thanks for the hospitality you showed us last night and for the chance to come up and hunt with you & Image. We had a great time and look forward to coming this spring for a hunt. Image is doing good at his new home and my little boy is so excited about the addition to the family. I'll keep you up to date about Image and send you pictures as soon as I can.

I'm glad to hear you guys had a safe trip home.Good luck with Image.I think he will do fine for you down there and I'm sure him and your son will get to be big time buddies.LOL.Looking foward to the updates on him,he is a nice young dog that will only get better with age.Keep in touch.

HOME OF.........

Old Post 01-16-2012 03:43 AM
Winston Puryear
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Tom!!!

Enjoyed the hunt even tho my bones are just now thawing out...lol

Good luck with Baby 6 and remember if you get to cold youre always welcome to come to NC for a hunt!!

Say a prayer for our Troops n remember we get to hunt while they sacrifice all!!

Old Post 01-16-2012 01:39 PM
Winston Puryear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Winston Puryear Click here to Send Winston Puryear a Private Message Click Here to Email Winston Puryear Find more posts by Winston Puryear Add Winston Puryear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Best of luck to the family of the new owners of Image. Sounds like a youngster is trying to butter Image up already. I hope you have many enjoyable & memorable hunts in 2012.

I have had the privilege of enjoying several nice hunts with Image & the man on the other end of the leash. Both young hound & man are pretty darned nice in my book! Ole Tom will tell it like it is, bad & good, about any biscuit eater he is toting.

Tom Jennings, all I have to say is.........Get Um Baby Six....you little huzzy!

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 01-16-2012 04:04 PM
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

I had a feeling and I was right.Got home today and Baby Six is bleeding like a stuck hog.Gonna miss the UKC hunt at Greenville Oh. this Sat.Hopefully she will be out of heat in time to go to South Carolina next month,if not,I happen to have a buddy that told me I could take his Kid......Billy The Kid that is.Matt Turner,I might have to borrow your dog.LOL.

HOME OF.........

Old Post 01-17-2012 01:08 AM
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

Got the buggy gassed up and ready to go for Baby Six when she comes out of heat.5 nights in a row,4 or 5 hours a night will knock the edge off of one quick and I'm sure she is gonna need it.LOL.I'm glad she's getting this heat cycle over now before the Spring Super Stakes and the Bluetick hunts this spring but we're both going a little crazy right now.

Here's a picture of the buggy.This thing is definately the way to go.

HOME OF.........

Old Post 01-24-2012 03:02 AM
edinpa
UKC Forum Member

Tom

Just got home from a wild one.Colt wants to know if thers room for two on the buggy.....I hope he means me and you..........LOL

Leon

Old Post 01-24-2012 03:55 AM
edinpa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edinpa Click here to Send edinpa a Private Message Find more posts by edinpa Add edinpa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stillwater farm
UKC Forum Member

There's only room for one....That would be you Ed.Colt will be in the heated truck listening to the radio and eating snacks with Matt Turner and me while YOU go get Leon for a change.LOL.You guys come on over,we're ready,whenever you get a chance.Looking foward to a weekend with "TEAM LEON".

HOME OF.........

Old Post 01-24-2012 04:03 AM
edinpa
UKC Forum Member

Tom

sounds like a plan. Check out the story about tonights hunt on Leons thread. Its pretty funny....................Ed

Leon

Old Post 01-24-2012 04:24 AM
edinpa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edinpa Click here to Send edinpa a Private Message Find more posts by edinpa Add edinpa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote