UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rule change
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CAN DEW
UKC Forum Member

Rule change

I would like to see a change with training collars,We have a lot of bad highways in my hunting area and use the tone to keep the hounds off highways.Also would help to recall from posted land.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-19-2019 04:09 PM
CAN DEW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CAN DEW Click here to Send CAN DEW a Private Message Click Here to Email CAN DEW Find more posts by CAN DEW Add CAN DEW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom anderson
UKC Forum Member

Lol good luck with that if you get that to go it will bring a whole new way the hunts will go

Old Post 05-19-2019 04:59 PM
Tom anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom anderson Click here to Send Tom anderson a Private Message Find more posts by Tom anderson Add Tom anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

CAN DEW

I would agree that it would really help in yours & other situations, BUT too many people would use it for unethical reasons on cast. Just one quick example- someone has dog that is rough or blows a lot at tree, but owner has shocked & toned it enough to make it act like an angel at tree. During hunt the dog starts blowing hard, so owner "accidently" touches tone button while waiting to go into tree or walking into but before you can see what is going on at tree, so it isn't doing anything wrong when you get there. That rule change will never happen. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-19-2019 05:17 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trkrmsy
UKC Forum Member

I personally don't have a problem with the way the rules are now but I would never ever turn a dog loose anywhere without at least being able to go back and get the controller. Perfect example a dog got treed on posted property in a ukc hunt this weekend. The handler tried to get law enforcement to help according to our retrieval laws but no one would come. It would have been simple to stand in the public road tone the dog and went on. But the handler had to stay there all night and into the next day.

Old Post 05-19-2019 05:59 PM
trkrmsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trkrmsy Click here to Send trkrmsy a Private Message Find more posts by trkrmsy Add trkrmsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Although a terrible idea.......Allowing training collars would be fun pretty fun for a while.

Old Post 05-19-2019 08:37 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Half is the dog and half is the handler is what is said. Yes I would like to see the e collar just be excepted in the rules.

Old Post 05-19-2019 08:52 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

May be coming sooner than ya think, NC trying to pass a law that says a GW can look at your garmin and if it shows your dog crossed a property that you don’t have written permission You Will Get a ticket.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 05-19-2019 08:57 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

I understand the reason and how this would be great help at times. But what about when guy gets scratched tones his dog in and whole cast quite track or leave tree and come in. I had female that had been blew up with e collar. You tone her she just lock up and not move most time. And if she did come in she wouldnt operate right rest night.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-19-2019 10:45 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

Just teach your dog to come when you call it. Without having to tone it.Problem solved.No need for a crutch then

Old Post 05-19-2019 11:34 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JAH
Just teach your dog to come when you call it. Without having to tone it.Problem solved.No need for a crutch then
obviously ya never had a dog that hunts far. Plus the fact that so much more can be taught then just come here. Honestly I never enjoyed yelling while hunting anytime. There is a better way problem solved.

Old Post 05-20-2019 12:12 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

Just start turning on the blinking lights on your dogs collar at random times during casts. Doesnt take long to see what dogs have been broke to it. I prefer my dog not be tone broke for that reason alone

Old Post 05-20-2019 12:38 AM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Phenix
I understand the reason and how this would be great help at times. But what about when guy gets scratched tones his dog in and whole cast quite track or leave tree and come in. I had female that had been blew up with e collar. You tone her she just lock up and not move most time. And if she did come in she wouldnt operate right rest night.

Her name wasn't Glory by any chance was it?

Old Post 05-20-2019 12:46 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
obviously ya never had a dog that hunts far. Plus the fact that so much more can be taught then just come here. Honestly I never enjoyed yelling while hunting anytime. There is a better way problem solved.

That shows that you don't know about what I have had or not had.So don't jump to conclusions. I've had a couple dogs that would go 2 miles.But then maybe that isn't far to you? All I ever had to do was call them and they came back.As far as a shock collar goes you could not pay me to have one of those things.Some people have no business with a shock collar.I'll admit I'm one of those people

Old Post 05-20-2019 01:06 AM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
Her name wasn't Glory by any chance was it?

No. She was black tan female.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-20-2019 08:28 AM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

Ive been in these hunts since the mid seventies, I have hunted all over the U.S., in all that time and all those hunts, I have only seen one dog killed on the road. Hunters have quit being houndsmen and gone to using technology for way too many excuses.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 05-20-2019 03:01 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
Ive been in these hunts since the mid seventies, I have hunted all over the U.S., in all that time and all those hunts, I have only seen one dog killed on the road. Hunters have quit being houndsmen and gone to using technology for way too many excuses.

Yes we came from a time if they called time out on you and gave you an hour to get your dog and he wasent barking he better come if you called him or you were out of the hunt.

Can you see these guys hunting without tracking equipment with the dogs they got now lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-20-2019 03:09 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Air conditioning use to be a luxury now it’s a necessary!
Horse an buggy days are gone.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 05-20-2019 05:03 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote