UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question for officials and avid competition hunters over non hunting dogs
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

Dumbest rule of all of them all ! what better way to chase new hunters away all scared off losing to a non hunting dog ? if this much effort went into scratching any dog that runs or tree's any trash the hunts would be better oh that's right not hunting is a fault but running off game is only a minus

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-24-2018 03:41 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Joey I know we got the same birthday but quit being so hard headed lol ! I am talking about 15 to 25 feet away sniffing around I know with all of your vast experience you have seen the type won't come into the tree but won't go hunting either geeeeeez.

Tar

You know I'm hard headed!

groworg 1 Running trash is a fault obviously, but not even close to as big of fault as a dog that will not go hunting. At least not to me you might have a different opinion. Few things I cant stand and looking up and seeing a dog standing around is high on the list.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-24-2018 05:32 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I mellowed out quite a bit but like you I ain't walking a dog over a coon but I don't want one going past one either not only am I hard headed I am picky lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-24-2018 06:05 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaret carlile
New UKC Forum Member

Who's going to zone hunts ?? And where?? Let's get to the nitty gritty

Old Post 06-10-2018 04:53 AM
Jaret carlile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaret carlile Click here to Send Jaret carlile a Private Message Click Here to Email Jaret carlile Find more posts by Jaret carlile Add Jaret carlile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amblue
UKC Forum Member

would you agree that a dog out of sight of judge has broken the 15.

Old Post 06-10-2018 03:37 PM
amblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amblue Click here to Send amblue a Private Message Click Here to Email amblue Find more posts by amblue Add amblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amblue
UKC Forum Member

would you agree that a dog out of sight of judge has broken the 15.

Old Post 06-10-2018 03:37 PM
amblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amblue Click here to Send amblue a Private Message Click Here to Email amblue Find more posts by amblue Add amblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

No. Not until he stays out of sight for 5 minutes.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 06-10-2018 03:54 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amblue
UKC Forum Member

jim where does it say he has to be out of sight for 5 min- tks-butch glass

Old Post 06-10-2018 04:07 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
No. Not until he stays out of sight for 5 minutes.
i don't think i ever heard of that. outta sight outta mind.

Old Post 06-10-2018 07:43 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Unless UKC changed its interpretation this is the way I remember it always being worked;
"In UKC the dog only has to make an "attempt to hunt" during that time. If it leaves the light then it breaks the time. If you see it trying to work a track within light distance that is still an attempt to hunt and breaks the time."

Honestly I have known dogs to "luck Into" a win like this. But really. Why would anyone with an honest to goodness coon
dog be afraid of a non hunting dog???
Maybe it is time to do away with this rule and let the chips fall where they fall.If a dog like this beats you ,you probably were not hunting a very good one yourself anyway.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 06-10-2018 at 07:53 PM

Old Post 06-10-2018 07:47 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

It took some looking but by gosh I found it!!!

Allen / UKC
Administrator
Re: 2011 15 min non hunting rule

quote:

Originally posted by Lost mtn
The new rule I like but if you make a dump dog the 15 min is on and call timeout is the time still on the dog at the dump? So if the 15 mins is running he walks into the dark for 30 sec comes back is the 15mins off?

Rules do not give a specific time frame in which a dog has to be gone before the time is lifted for not hunting. We suggest so long as the dog leaves the cast and is not seen "not hunting" then it should be considered to be out hunting again.

Common sense suggests that just because you may no longer see the dog standing right next to the cast does not always mean the dog is back out hunting again. If there are any such concerns the judge may first need to shine their light around the area to make sure the dog did in fact take off and has not just found a good hiding spot. Otherwise, consider the dog as "making an attempt to hunt", lift the time and rock on! Hope this answers your question lost mtn.

Last edited by Allen / UKC on 01-13-2011 at 01:54 PM

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 06-10-2018 at 08:56 PM

Old Post 06-10-2018 08:46 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Thank you Pat.
But since UKC never gave a specific defination. I chose to use PKC's defination since it always seemed very reasonable to me

Dog stays out of sight 5 minutes, time is broke. Dont like my way? Fine. Ask for a cast vote. Not satisfied with vote outcome? Fine. Put question on card. MOH can take it from there. Simple enough, eh?

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Last edited by JiM on 06-11-2018 at 04:03 PM

Old Post 06-11-2018 04:01 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Jims translation :

I think as long as most of us have hunted we know what a lazy , no good , flea bitten , mangey, no coon treeing , non hunting dog looks like lol !!

Tar

Old Post 06-11-2018 04:10 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Thank you Pat.
But since UKC never gave a specific defination. I chose to use PKC's defination since it always seemed very reasonable to me

Dog stays out of sight 5 minutes, time is broke. Dont like my way? Fine. Ask for a cast vote. Not satisfied with vote outcome? Fine. Put question on card. MOH can take it from there. Simple enough, eh?

i find this attitude disgusting. who wants to hunt with a judge on a power trip or a bully. no one. sure enough if i were the moh or the hunt director an this was brought back to the club in this fashion it would be the last time ya carried the score card for a long time. KEEL JOHNSON

Old Post 06-12-2018 01:52 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote