UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tightening up on tree
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tim Trone
UKC Forum Member

Tightening up on tree

How many think that getting the dog to tree bear will tighten them up on coons , just curious who thinks this may work . I have one that is a little loose but stays treed and is very nice . Just needs tightened up a little

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-03-2011 03:27 AM
Tim Trone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Trone Click here to Send Tim Trone a Private Message Find more posts by Tim Trone Add Tim Trone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluwalker
UKC Forum Member

That could backfire pretty hard haha. Tieing the dog up at the tree worked for me but that was just one dog.

Old Post 10-03-2011 03:34 AM
Bluwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluwalker Click here to Send Bluwalker a Private Message Click Here to Email Bluwalker Find more posts by Bluwalker Add Bluwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Trone
UKC Forum Member

Treeing bear doesnt bother me to much as long as it goes up , the femle im tryin to tighten up i believe will try to catch . She will not get minused on a tree but i wont to see if i can get her streched out on the woods like i have seen her before.

When you say backfire what do you mean , she will get hurt or she will like to run bear . Gettin hurt is a little worry but treein bear will not bother me at all . My Grnite dog ran bear for his first five years and wasnt messed with on coons .

Old Post 10-03-2011 03:44 AM
Tim Trone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Trone Click here to Send Tim Trone a Private Message Find more posts by Tim Trone Add Tim Trone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluwalker
UKC Forum Member

I meant she might end up running bear at night. Some dogs can differentiate what they are supposed to run and when but not many.

Old Post 10-03-2011 11:31 AM
Bluwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluwalker Click here to Send Bluwalker a Private Message Click Here to Email Bluwalker Find more posts by Bluwalker Add Bluwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I had a dog years ago that could use some tightening up. One night he treed on a telephone pole after a corn field race. My buddy walked the coon down, and the dog treed much better for the rest of his short life.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 10-04-2011 02:52 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote