UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Puppy problem
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Brookhaven
UKC Forum Member

Puppy problem

I have an 8 month old male a lot of times will eat his poop.
He is 50lb. I feed him 3 cups of diamond puppy food a day
Started giving him forbid to stop him. It seems like it’s not working. I’m at my wits in. Wonder if anyone has a sure way if stopping this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2024 12:43 AM
Brookhaven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brookhaven Find more posts by Brookhaven Add Brookhaven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Richardson
UKC Forum Member

I had a Walker female that done the same thing. Build him a pen off the ground and put wire in the bottom that the poop will go through.

NITECH CH 'PR' MILL CREEK BO-R.I.P.
NITECH CH 'PR' HOUSE'S SCREAMIN NELL

Old Post 03-17-2024 01:20 AM
David Richardson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Richardson Click here to Send David Richardson a Private Message Find more posts by David Richardson Add David Richardson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brookhaven
UKC Forum Member

Thank you sir

Old Post 03-17-2024 04:25 AM
Brookhaven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brookhaven Find more posts by Brookhaven Add Brookhaven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RON DEKON
UKC Forum Member

puppy

may try feeding him full feed a couple weeks see if he just still hungry ,maybe it will work. good luck..

Old Post 03-17-2024 01:17 PM
RON DEKON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RON DEKON Click here to Send RON DEKON a Private Message Click Here to Email RON DEKON Find more posts by RON DEKON Add RON DEKON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treestroker
UKC Forum Member

stoo eating deterrant

there's stuff you can add to dog food just google stool eating deterrrant

Old Post 03-18-2024 10:14 PM
treestroker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treestroker Click here to Send treestroker a Private Message Find more posts by treestroker Add treestroker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Couple of things:

1.) The first (3) things listed in the ingredients of the dog food you are feeding make up the majority of what’s in the dog food. Do a google search on what the most digestible food components are for dogs. Corn will not be one of them. Rice, fish, chicken, beef, lamb as actual ingredients are good. Corn is not a very digestible ingredient yet it is often one of the first (3) products in many dog foods.

2.) Make sure you’re not over feeding your dogs.

3.) Look up and see what the most digestible ingredients are for dogs.

Good dog food costs more to feed but in most cases you’ll feed less of the better dog foods, shovel less shat and see evidence of physical improvement in your dogs. You’ll also see that you can feed less of the best then all the rest.

The sad part is many of us simply can’t afford to feed the really good stuff.

Look up what mushers feed their sled dogs. Nobody understands what dogs need for food to stay in hard running shape then mushers that compete in long distance sled dog races.

I should also add that over feeding them can give them loose stools too.

Last edited by DL NH on 03-21-2024 at 03:22 AM

Old Post 03-21-2024 03:15 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brookhaven
UKC Forum Member

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me with my dog eating his poop. I increased his food a little and gave him a wormer from the vet instead the one I used a while back from a co-op type store. He has quit eating his poop.
Again thanks to everyone for the help.

Old Post 03-21-2024 02:52 PM