UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Smokey's first
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

Smokey's first

I had been planning to wait until the leaves fell off to take smokey to the big woods. Something told me to take him this morning. We started walking down an old logging road and about 30 yards into the woods a squirrel darted right in front of Smokey and he was in hot pursuit. Luckily it went up about 20 feet and stopped on the side of the tree. Smokey was really hammering it and I shot it out to him. He grabbed that squirrel and was shaking it for all it was worth. When I finally managed to get it from him he didn't want to leave my side. He could smell that squirrel in my pocket and just wouldn't leave me. I did see 4 or 5 more squirrels that were cutting and smokey did start to venture out again. He was checking trees and smelling everything. He would investigate every sound he heard but wasn't experienced enough to find those that hadn't come to the ground to feed. I know I was sure fired up being able to shoot his first one out to him just a few days after he turned 5 months old.

Hunt em hard, cull em harder

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2017 10:34 PM
Luther's Fiest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luther's Fiest Click here to Send Luther's Fiest a Private Message Click Here to Email Luther's Fiest Find more posts by Luther's Fiest Add Luther's Fiest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Good lookin little dog! Have fun with him this fall. Nothing better than watching a young dog put it all together.

Old Post 10-06-2017 01:41 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Todd. I believe he is gonna be a special little dog. He should make a good one if genetics has anything to do with it

Hunt em hard, cull em harder

Old Post 10-06-2017 05:53 PM
Luther's Fiest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luther's Fiest Click here to Send Luther's Fiest a Private Message Click Here to Email Luther's Fiest Find more posts by Luther's Fiest Add Luther's Fiest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote