UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Thermal imaging
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
foothills
UKC Forum Member

Thermal imaging

With the leaves popping out what’s the best thermal imaging scope/device for finding what’s in the tree an being able to distinguish what it is? Not looking to be able to see 200yds just need to see about 40 yds or enough to see in the trees

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-20-2021 03:14 AM
foothills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for foothills Click here to Send foothills a Private Message Find more posts by foothills Add foothills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

At present AGM has a produce called the 25 ASP. Sells for about $1800 and has proven to work for the coon hunter. AGM has a new line up out called the Taipans and come in 15, 19 and 25 model. They should be good products for the coonhunter as well. The thing is right now they haven't proven themself over the summer like the ASP has. Lots of info on Facebook and several groups you can join to read and learn about the product.

Sandra at K-light can answer a lot of your questions and I think she has some in stock.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 04-21-2021 at 03:46 PM

Old Post 04-20-2021 01:12 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
foothills
UKC Forum Member

Little more than I was looking to spend but I’ll check them out. Thanks!

Old Post 04-22-2021 01:44 AM
foothills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for foothills Click here to Send foothills a Private Message Find more posts by foothills Add foothills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yes the technology is driving the prices up in our coonhound world. I have played around with some other thermal units but haven't tried the AGM models yet. I suggested them because the talk in the coonhound world is they work. I have tried about 3 other companies units but to be honest. I never found a coon with one that I didn't already see first with my light. Once I found it with my light I could put the thermal unit in the area and say YES there he is. But what good did the thermal unit do, Plenty of reviews of the AGM units on facebook. From coonhunters using the product. I personally need a good thermal device down here in FL when the leaves are on which is most of the time. If the good Lord is willing I have maybe another dog to train left in my old legs. I am going to get all the technology I can to help me accomplish that.

Old Post 04-22-2021 01:30 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Howell
UKC Forum Member

I have the pulsar axion key xm30.....took me a while to get used to it but once I figured it out it has been awesome. I don’t think it’s as good as the agm BUT I bought it used and it was a lot cheaper than the agm. I’m a broke man! I tried the flir tk scout last year (500 dollar model) and it was just not usable for coon hunting.

Old Post 04-22-2021 01:49 PM
Brian Howell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Howell Click here to Send Brian Howell a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Howell Find more posts by Brian Howell Add Brian Howell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hilltop
UKC Forum Member

AGM asp 25

I was very hesitant to spend the money on a the asp 25, I had used a couple others and was not impressed. After using the AGM asp 25 for an entire summer, it is the most important tool I have for summer time hunting and training. I wish I could explain how well they work, but you would need to see it to believe it. They are not 100%, nothing is. But I will say this, if you can get your light in the tree......you will know if a coon is there. This is an honest review, I don't sell em or get any kick back......but I do recommend, the AGM asp 25......I haven't seen any of the other models in action, because the 25 does what I need for it to do. I also live in the thick mountains of WV.

Old Post 04-22-2021 02:11 PM
hilltop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hilltop Click here to Send hilltop a Private Message Click Here to Email hilltop Find more posts by hilltop Add hilltop to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradD20
UKC Forum Member

I bought my first thermal this year. After talking to many people i settled with the Agm Asp 25 and I’m more than happy. Two nights ago we were treed in a giant pine. I shined and shined and squalled and was convinced he was slick. Pulled out the thermal and i could see a heat source maybe the size of a baseball on a big fork. The more i moved the more of the coon i seen. I’m a believer and it has showed me three coons already when i would have thought my dog was slick. I’ve been told it’s the best unit for summertime hunting. We shall see.

Old Post 04-22-2021 03:59 PM
BradD20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradD20 Click here to Send BradD20 a Private Message Click Here to Email BradD20 Find more posts by BradD20 Add BradD20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Brad thanks for the info. Small world as my Son last year sold his 110 acres on Hoskins Gap Road in Tn along with place in Knoxville and came back to Fl. So we can fish some.

Old Post 04-22-2021 08:34 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

I've had my AGM 25 since last August and it works pretty dang good here in Ga in the summer. If you think about it thermals have come down in price, 10 years ago you would pay $2400 for the same quality thermal as the $1800 agm 25.

Old Post 04-22-2021 09:14 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradD20
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Brad thanks for the info. Small world as my Son last year sold his 110 acres on Hoskins Gap Road in Tn along with place in Knoxville and came back to Fl. So we can fish some.
Bruce i live about 5 miles from the place he owned. We hunt quite a bit in that area. Rough country but there are coons to be treed

Old Post 04-22-2021 10:06 PM
BradD20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradD20 Click here to Send BradD20 a Private Message Click Here to Email BradD20 Find more posts by BradD20 Add BradD20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote