UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > More consistant track speed. can anyone help?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jason TPK
UKC Forum Member

More consistant track speed. can anyone help?

I got a 3 1/2 year old female that at times can flat move a track and then other times she'll get hung up on a track and want let it go and drift out to hit it somewhere else. Yall know anything i can do to get her more about business ALL the time? I was thinking maybe shoot some coons out to her to speed her up, But i dont know id like to see what yall think

Thanks

* * * * Home Of * * * *
GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Bennett's LiL Lucy (Juicy) (Bodacious x Salin Sadie)
NiteCh 'PR' Trash Proof Powerstrokin' Doom (Rebel x Juicy)
'PR' Trash Proof Tuff Crowd (Tuff x Juicy)
'PR' Trash Proof Sweet Sixteeny (Ace x Baby Six)
'PR' Trash Proof Boot Scootin Boogie (Prodigy x Gunny)

* * * * Partnerships * * * *
GrNiteCh 'PR' Ball'z Rushcreek Tuff Luck (Gauge x Betty) co-owned with Danny Perez & Justin Williams
NiteCh 'PR' Bama Blue Millie (Hillbilly Willie x Max Destruction) co-owned with Justin Williams

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-03-2012 07:32 PM
Jason TPK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason TPK Click here to Send Jason TPK a Private Message Find more posts by Jason TPK Add Jason TPK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

She just hitting Older Tracks more than likely .. A dog can only Move as fast as their nose and Olfactory can process the Trail ..
A hot smooth track Headed for their Den they can Fly on ..
A cold feeder track can and will Slow them down ..

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 10-03-2012 at 08:07 PM

Old Post 10-03-2012 07:44 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LIL-E
UKC Forum Member

Re: More consistant track speed. can anyone help?

quote:
Originally posted by Jason TPK
I got a 3 1/2 year old female that at times can flat move a track and then other times she'll get hung up on a track and want let it go and drift out to hit it somewhere else. Yall know anything i can do to get her more about business ALL the time? I was thinking maybe shoot some coons out to her to speed her up, But i dont know id like to see what yall think

Thanks

I will be willing to say she has the grease when she gets parked? Am I right?

Old Post 10-04-2012 02:12 AM
LIL-E is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LIL-E Click here to Send LIL-E a Private Message Find more posts by LIL-E Add LIL-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason TPK
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir buddy she is very good about having a coon by her self with the crowd or splittin from the crowd. i just wish she run to catch all the time. she's here to stay either way i enjoy her

* * * * Home Of * * * *

GrNiteCh 'PR' Ball'z Rushcreek Tuff Luck (Gauge x Betty) co-owned with Danny Perez & Justin Williams
NiteCh 'PR' Bama Blue Millie (Hillbilly Willie x Max Destruction) co-owned with Justin Williams

Old Post 10-04-2012 02:50 AM
Jason TPK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason TPK Click here to Send Jason TPK a Private Message Find more posts by Jason TPK Add Jason TPK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matt McKinney
UKC Forum Member

My female used to do that some. Now its not even a contest. She can flat drive a coon open here and there and its over. I love listening to her. I was hunting a pup Saturday night dropped 3 times just ran track no tree. Said heck with this and turned my female loose at about 1130. She made 2 trees with in 10 minutes saw one coon the other was a den. I don't know how she does it but she does it everytime.

quote:
Originally posted by Jason TPK
Yes sir buddy she is very good about having a coon by her self with the crowd or splittin from the crowd. i just wish she run to catch all the time. she's here to stay either way i enjoy her

Old Post 10-04-2012 02:56 AM
Matt McKinney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt McKinney Click here to Send Matt McKinney a Private Message Click Here to Email Matt McKinney Find more posts by Matt McKinney Add Matt McKinney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truly
Banned

walk in on her. chase her out of the area. most dogs that glom will learn to move out a little better rather than get taken off the track or disciplined.

Old Post 10-04-2012 06:44 AM
truly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truly Click here to Send truly a Private Message Find more posts by truly Add truly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason TPK
UKC Forum Member

up

btt

* * * * Home Of * * * *

Old Post 10-09-2012 12:36 AM
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

i cant teach something i cant smell,with that being said
dont mean some dont run threw ruffer train and even more so if you have run the same coon over and over. differnt
weather condition.i once was told if it could smell it on 1 end
it should get warm as it goes.

Last edited by Lee Currens Jr. on 10-09-2012 at 01:10 AM

Old Post 10-09-2012 12:57 AM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slobbermouth21
Banned

I hunted with a dog one time that was out of stand on his head fred (skune river fred) do that but my female does that to sometimes I'm geuss she will get better with age since I can't think of enything to help other then a few deer chances but that would be putten her back not moven her forward.

Old Post 10-09-2012 01:12 AM
slobbermouth21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slobbermouth21 Click here to Send slobbermouth21 a Private Message Click Here to Email slobbermouth21 Find more posts by slobbermouth21 Add slobbermouth21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cody jaster
UKC Forum Member

Get a dog with a better nose!!! It's only going to track as fast as its. OSS will let it.

Old Post 10-09-2012 01:51 AM
cody jaster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cody jaster Click here to Send cody jaster a Private Message Click Here to Email cody jaster Find more posts by cody jaster Add cody jaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Im with Truly. Im not gonna set around and listen to one waller one. I'll send em on or catch and go elsewhere. That's with a young one. At 3.5 your about out of time in my book. Unless she was a late bloomer.

Old Post 10-09-2012 02:31 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kody
UKC Forum Member

i agree

Go in on her and chase her outta there she just gotta know what she can handle and what she cant may not figure it out but should help if she knows your comin if she dont move her butt!

Home of:
Silver Ch Stylish Pit
Ntch Mr Wild Child Rambo (1-win)

All Co-owned with Colt Baldwin

Old Post 10-09-2012 02:59 AM
Kody is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kody Click here to Send Kody a Private Message Click Here to Email Kody Find more posts by Kody Add Kody to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Miller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by truly
walk in on her. chase her out of the area. most dogs that glom will learn to move out a little better rather than get taken off the track or disciplined.

A garmin and staying close to very good tools to work on her with, after you have conditioned her a lil a shocking collar with the tone or vibrate can be used.. Being consistent is the key, do not let her mudflow around...

Jason Miller
Late Night Kennels

Old Post 10-09-2012 03:01 AM
Jason Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Miller Click here to Send Jason Miller a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Miller Add Jason Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cody jaster
UKC Forum Member

Can't see the reasoning in buying an expensive Garmin for a 200.00 dog. Leash it up and take it on. If the dog continues this Problem... Just get rid of it. A sorry one eats just as much as a good one.

Old Post 10-09-2012 03:06 AM
cody jaster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cody jaster Click here to Send cody jaster a Private Message Click Here to Email cody jaster Find more posts by cody jaster Add cody jaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

if the dog has the brains to learn track sense she will improve on her own.
there are dogs that can tree coon,
and then there are dogs with brains that become real coondogs by learning track sense and learn to adjust according to the track and tree any coon they get after.

Last edited by toe cutter on 10-09-2012 at 03:20 AM

Old Post 10-09-2012 03:17 AM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

if shes 3 and a half years old,i doubt she will ever speed up. a dog that can run a bad cold track is bred in them,with a lot of hunting.a dog needs to know which track he can handle and which ones he cant.good luck with your dog.

Old Post 10-09-2012 07:51 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by skeets
if shes 3 and a half years old,i doubt she will ever speed up. a dog that can run a bad cold track is bred in them,with a lot of hunting.a dog needs to know which track he can handle and which ones he cant.good luck with your dog.
Ive had some problems with dogs that could outrun its nose. I even had a dog that had a missing front leg I called Tripod that could outdo, in the long run, a fit dog because of it.

Last edited by l.lyle on 10-09-2012 at 08:33 AM

Old Post 10-09-2012 08:30 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

the fastest dog i ever owned was one eyed.he had short legs and a long body,he didnt look fast at all the way he was built.i dont think how a dog is built is what makes them fast,its whats between their ears.lol

Old Post 10-09-2012 08:45 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kody
UKC Forum Member

no doubt

It would be easier if all the dogs would just improve on their weak spots naturally obviously this hound isn perfect none are but if a guy puts in some effort on his end like pushin her on or goin in and catchin em will be worlds better then just lettin em beat it into the ground

Home of:
Silver Ch Stylish Pit
Ntch Mr Wild Child Rambo (1-win)

All Co-owned with Colt Baldwin

Old Post 10-09-2012 02:29 PM
Kody is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kody Click here to Send Kody a Private Message Click Here to Email Kody Find more posts by Kody Add Kody to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote