UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > simparica
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
carpenter
UKC Forum Member

simparica

is the medicine evenly spread in pill to cut into and treat two dogs

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-01-2018 07:07 PM
carpenter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carpenter Click here to Send carpenter a Private Message Find more posts by carpenter Add carpenter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pill

Just think about your question! How could it not be spread equal? The batch is made and formed into the recommended dosage in very large batches, so yes, it is in equal proportion throughout the pill. Was not trying to be a smart$as, just showing the logic. Doc says that you can half pill. Dave

Old Post 06-01-2018 07:37 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DwayneWhite
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pill

Chewables are not made to be cut in half. The medicine is not equally proportioned in a chewable. It has to be a pill that is scored in half or quarter size marks.

Old Post 06-01-2018 08:07 PM
DwayneWhite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DwayneWhite Click here to Send DwayneWhite a Private Message Click Here to Email DwayneWhite Find more posts by DwayneWhite Add DwayneWhite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

I cut them in half with no problems, still get the same results

https://harrishoundsupply.net/

Home to:

Harris's King George
(Bone x Skuna River Dixie

Old Post 06-01-2018 09:10 PM
Huntnharris is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Not sure on Pet meds, but I know my doctor told me that if a pill is not scored to be cut the medicine is not "quarinted " to be equally distributed.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 06-02-2018 09:24 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SugarCreekBlues
UKC Forum Member

As far as equal amounts I'd say it was so close you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. One thing you have to look at though is half the larger pill is generally less medication than a whole pill of the next smaller size

Old Post 06-02-2018 10:34 PM
SugarCreekBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarCreekBlues Click here to Send SugarCreekBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email SugarCreekBlues Find more posts by SugarCreekBlues Add SugarCreekBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yogi33
UKC Forum Member

Simparica

I can tell you what Iíve been doing for the past two years, splitting the largest pill size into four quarters and giving one quarter pill to my beagle/walker deer dogs that the biggest size dog is 40lbs, and I have zero flea and tick problems all summer. I use Seresto collars on my coon dogs which works well also.

Old Post 06-03-2018 01:54 AM
Yogi33 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yogi33 Click here to Send Yogi33 a Private Message Find more posts by Yogi33 Add Yogi33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

The vets split them. That answers it for me.

AKC/UKC NtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jeff 5/2/2000 to 1/22/2012 R.I.P.
AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 06-03-2018 02:16 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jim

Answers it for me 2, common sense would indicate that the mix would be equally distributed within the pill. The makers error on the over rather than under measurement, just to make sure the dose is adequate. I.e. a 120 lb size would equate to 3 40 lb size probably more as stated due to over dosage. Meds have a safety factor much higher than stated dosage just to be on the safe side. Dr. Hallada has addressed spitting dosage, he has no problem doing this. Dave

Old Post 06-04-2018 01:46 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

it really does not matter how you split them . fleas are all they are good for . by the time it takes to kill a tick feeding on your dog it has already transferred the the tick disease to your dog . just exposing your dog to another poison to make the pharmaceutical companies rich. it is also my belief it they help trigger the genetic thyroid problems in hounds . ask your buddy what he was using for ticks when his dogs thyroid stopped working . that is if you can find a buddy that will admit to owning one .lol

Last edited by thomasg on 06-08-2018 at 07:58 PM

Old Post 06-08-2018 07:55 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahallada
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by thomasg
it really does not matter how you split them . fleas are all they are good for . by the time it takes to kill a tick feeding on your dog it has already transferred the the tick disease to your dog . just exposing your dog to another poison to make the pharmaceutical companies rich. it is also my belief it they help trigger the genetic thyroid problems in hounds . ask your buddy what he was using for ticks when his dogs thyroid stopped working . that is if you can find a buddy that will admit to owning one .lol

Biggest bunch of BS I've heard on here in awhile. lol Don't go blaming your ****** breeding practices on products that just came out in the last 2 years. These products are literally life savers. I haven't met one person that started using Simparica and then all of a sudden their dog came down with thyroid issues. Most of these dogs have thyroid issues before they decide it's time to do something about preventing the tick disease that led to the problem. You are correct that these products are not 100% in preventing dogs from getting tick born illness. But they do help significantly. Especially when used in a combination prevention program with permethrin sprays prior to cutting loose for repellency.

Doc

Current:

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Cat Scratch Fever
(Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Aftershock x Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Breanna)
2016 Finished to PKC Ch. in one week!

Dual Grand Champion CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Glissens JJ Jr. x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Billy Jean)
4 Generations of All Grand Nite Champions!
Timber Jack 3X and Timber Chopper over 30X
2016 National Grand Nite Champion Redbone
2016 CHKC Redbone Days Champion
2016 PKC Super Stakes Reserve Champion
2016 CHKC Elite Shootout Winner - Texas
CHKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

Bodacious
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch.PKC. Gold Ch.CHKC CH. Outlaw G-Man x Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. Classy Cali)

Past:
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. Dawns Timber Jack
1988 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner
1989 UKC World Champion Redbone
1989 Purina Outstanding Redbone Coonhound
#2 Historic Redbone Sire/ Top 20 All Breeds
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc. Hall of Fame

Gr.Nt.Ch. Bussrow Bottom Brandy II
1991 American Redbone Days Champion
1992 AKC World Champion Redbone
1992 ACHA World Champion Redbone
1992 Wisconsin State Champion
1994 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex
Produced 2 Nt. Ch. , 1 Gr.Nt.Ch. out of 2 litters and two Redbone Days Winners

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. PKC Gold Ch. Layton's Classy Cali
2012 UKC World Champion Redbone and 7th Place Overall
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 UKC World Champion Redbone Female
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - Goodsprings, AL
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Series Race - 3rd Place Overall
2016 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - New Albany, MS
2016 PKC Texas State Race Winner
2016 PKC Redbone Breed Race Winner
PKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Coffman's Smokin Red Buck
2016 UKC World Hunt 5th Place and World Champion Redbone
2016 National Redbone Days Overall Winner

Gr.Nt.Ch. Reinhart's Central Page
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Brandy II)

Gr.Nt.Ch. Too the Maxx
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Jenkins Crying Katie)
1992 National Redbone Days Champion

Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Ambraw River Rock
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Hersh's Huntin Red Kate)
1992 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex

Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle
1986 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner

Nt.Ch. Timber Mace
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack X Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle)
Mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. Babb's Hazel

Nt. Ch. Timber Shock
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Jessie)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Squaw Mountain Goldie
(Direct Daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch.Smokey Mountain Brandy)
1990 Autumn Oaks Best of Show Winner
1988 Indiana State Champion

Old Post 06-09-2018 03:56 AM
ahallada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahallada Click here to Send ahallada a Private Message Click Here to Email ahallada Find more posts by ahallada Add ahallada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Doc Hallada

Thank you for your reply, rumors and unfounded opinions do a lot of damage to a reputable product. Ignorance is a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands. Lol. Dave

Old Post 06-09-2018 05:33 AM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

lethargy is listed in f.a.d. adverse effects report as number 3 of all reported adverse drug events for simplairica . lethargy can be caused by thyroidism and poison among other things . to give a preformance animal a product that could cause it to become lethargic is where the b.s. begins .lol outside environmental factors are know to cause the thyroid to miss function . simplairica can not be ruled out as it also causes a dog to have the same symptoms . ( lethargy)

Old Post 06-09-2018 10:29 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

This is my second year of using this product on my 2 dogs. I have never noticed any adverse effects at all. I have also never found a tick or flea on either dog since using Simparica. Not one. Just my experience.

This product is not cheap. For a guy like me to spend that kind of money month after month, it has to do more than just work, it has to do it better than anything that is cheaper.
I've had 3 dogs tested for thyroid problems and none ever came back positive.

Last edited by JiM on 06-10-2018 at 12:11 AM

Old Post 06-10-2018 12:02 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

How do you get a veterinarian to give you a prescription? Only vets I have will only give me prescription for the exact weight of the dog and every dog has to be brought in.

Old Post 06-11-2018 02:24 AM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Perry l order it from a vet in Canada. No perscription needed. Order the 88 to 144 pound tabs. You can cut them in half and treat up to an 88 lb. dog.

Old Post 06-11-2018 03:12 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

How do I get hooked up with this vet in Canada I live here and can't even buy worm medicine from a vet without taking the dog in and paying for an office call

Old Post 06-11-2018 04:36 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Doc...

You're spot on.
I had the worst flea problem I've ever had this year. We've had rain every week since last Nov.

Between the simparica and permethian in the pen and outer areas everyday for 2 weeks, it appears we are in control. Dogs are still wild bucks cept for 102 degree days.

So I took your advice 3 wks ago and glad I did.
Glad you're on here.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"
Stevenson's Little Bit of Bone
Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 06-11-2018 05:12 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

The vets in america are robbing people blind thats why I started ordering stuff from canada. Ph. 1-888-691-2268. It takes 3 weeks to get your stuff but worth it.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle

At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 06-11-2018 01:56 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I get everything from CanadaVet.com. There are others. Takes forever, I assume because of border crossing.

Old Post 06-11-2018 03:45 PM
ahallada
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I get everything from CanadaVet.com. There are others. Takes forever, I assume because of border crossing.

I can usually get it to you in 2-3 days with Priority Mail shipping. PM me if you need any.

Current:

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Cat Scratch Fever
(Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Aftershock x Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Breanna)
2016 Finished to PKC Ch. in one week!

Dual Grand Champion CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Glissens JJ Jr. x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Billy Jean)
4 Generations of All Grand Nite Champions!
Timber Jack 3X and Timber Chopper over 30X
2016 National Grand Nite Champion Redbone
2016 CHKC Redbone Days Champion
2016 PKC Super Stakes Reserve Champion
2016 CHKC Elite Shootout Winner - Texas
CHKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

Bodacious
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch.PKC. Gold Ch.CHKC CH. Outlaw G-Man x Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. Classy Cali)

Past:
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. Dawns Timber Jack
1988 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner
1989 UKC World Champion Redbone
1989 Purina Outstanding Redbone Coonhound
#2 Historic Redbone Sire/ Top 20 All Breeds
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc. Hall of Fame

Gr.Nt.Ch. Bussrow Bottom Brandy II
1991 American Redbone Days Champion
1992 AKC World Champion Redbone
1992 ACHA World Champion Redbone
1992 Wisconsin State Champion
1994 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex
Produced 2 Nt. Ch. , 1 Gr.Nt.Ch. out of 2 litters and two Redbone Days Winners

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. PKC Gold Ch. Layton's Classy Cali
2012 UKC World Champion Redbone and 7th Place Overall
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 UKC World Champion Redbone Female
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - Goodsprings, AL
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Series Race - 3rd Place Overall
2016 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - New Albany, MS
2016 PKC Texas State Race Winner
2016 PKC Redbone Breed Race Winner
PKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Coffman's Smokin Red Buck
2016 UKC World Hunt 5th Place and World Champion Redbone
2016 National Redbone Days Overall Winner

Gr.Nt.Ch. Reinhart's Central Page
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Brandy II)

Gr.Nt.Ch. Too the Maxx
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Jenkins Crying Katie)
1992 National Redbone Days Champion

Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Ambraw River Rock
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Hersh's Huntin Red Kate)
1992 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex

Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle
1986 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner

Nt.Ch. Timber Mace
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack X Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle)
Mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. Babb's Hazel

Nt. Ch. Timber Shock
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Jessie)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Squaw Mountain Goldie
(Direct Daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch.Smokey Mountain Brandy)
1990 Autumn Oaks Best of Show Winner
1988 Indiana State Champion

Old Post 06-12-2018 12:17 AM
ahallada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahallada Click here to Send ahallada a Private Message Click Here to Email ahallada Find more posts by ahallada Add ahallada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Vet

Guys, Please support Dr. HALLADA, he is one of us and gives this board s ton of free information. He will do you right! Dave

Old Post 06-12-2018 02:41 AM
Elton Savell
UKC Forum Member

Re: Vet

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Guys, Please support Dr. HALLADA, he is one of us and gives this board s ton of free information. He will do you right! Dave

X2. Good guy to deal with

Old Post 06-12-2018 02:51 AM
Elton Savell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Elton Savell Click here to Send Elton Savell a Private Message Click Here to Email Elton Savell Find more posts by Elton Savell Add Elton Savell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Hallada

i agree, he helps us so much we need to deal with him when we can.

Old Post 06-12-2018 03:07 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

Re: Vet

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Doc is the only one I buy mine from,,won't buy from anyone else

Browns Wild Irish Rose(Tequila Sunrise x Stylish Abagal)
Browns Stylish Buddy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup
Browns Stylish Sissy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup

Old Post 06-12-2018 06:27 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote