UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rule ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Rule ?

All dogs struck, one dog trees, tree is scored with coon, cast gets 30 feet from tree and another dog trees on the scored tree. How this dog scored?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-27-2016 02:20 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cory hall
UKC Forum Member

You can not score a previously scored tree, delete.

FCH WCH GRCH ZUUL
2021 AUTUMN OAKS BEST OF SHOW
2021 WORLD CHAMPION PLOTT
2021 OHIO STATE OVERALL SHOW CHAMPION
2022 WINTER CLASSIC CH PLOTT
2022 MICHIGAN STATE OVERALL SHOW
CHAMPION
2023 MICHIGAN STATE YOUTH CHAMPION OVER ALL SHOW WINNER
2023 AUTUMN OAKS NRGCH PLOTT MALE
2024 GRAND AMERICAN GRCH PLOTT

GRNITECH CH LATE NIGHT BREAKING DAWN
2021 ISAIAH KIDD OPP. SEX WINNER
2022 ISAIAH KIDD OPP. SEX WINNER
2023 AUTUMN OAKS NGRNCH PLOTT & HIGH SCORING PLOTT

GRNITECH2 GRWCH2 GRFCH2 GRCH2 HALL'S LATE NIGHT TRACKER
2019 AUTUMN OAKS 7th PLACE & HIGH SCORING PLOTT
2019 MICHIGAN STATE HUNT 3RD PLACE
2019 N.P.H.A. HIGH SCORING DOG OF THE YEAR
2020 MICHIGAN STATE YOUTH CHAMPION OVERALL STATE HUNT WINNER
2021 GRAND AMERICAN DUAL CH & GRCH PLOTT X2
2022 WINTER CLASSIC CAST WINNER
2022 MICHIGAN STATE HUNT 5TH PLACE
2022 PLOTT DAYS CAST WINNER
2022 MICHIGAN STATEYOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP OVERALL STATE SHOW & FIELD TRIAL WINNER
2022 N.P.H.A. OPP. SEX HIGH SCORING DOG OF THE YEAR
2023 PLOTT DAYS CAST WINNER
2023 AUTUMN OAKS DUAL CHAMPION CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE OVER ALL

ACHA GRNITECH/GRNITECH GRWCH GRFCH GRCH HALL'S LATE NIGHT MAGIC
2013,14 ISAIAH KIDD OPP. SEX WINNER
2012,13,14 AUTUMN OAKS HIGH SCORING PLOTT FEMALE
2012 NPHA HIGH SCORING DOG OF THE YEAR
2013 NPHA HIGH SCORING FEMALE DOG OF THE YEAR
2012 ACHA STATE RACE WINNER
2013 PLOTT DOGS.COM CHAMPION
2014 MICHIGAN STATE YOUTH CHAMPION

NITECH GRWCH GRFCH GRCH HALL'S RENEGADE RAMBO HTX
2011 YOUTH WORLD ALL AROUND CHAMPION
2011 WORLD CHAMPION PLOTT
2011 KING OF PLOTT DAYS
TOP 10 BREED WINNER

FCH NITECH GRWCH GRCH LATE NIGHTS SOUTHERN SCARLETT
2017 PURINA RACE BREED WINNER
2017,18 QUEEN OF PLOTT DAYS
2017 WISCONSIN STATE CHAMPION
2018 GRAND AMERICA OVER ALL FEMALE
2018 WINTER CLASSIC OVER ALL GRCH FEMALE
2018 TOP 10 BREED WINNER

GRCH LATE NIGHTS WAY OUT WEST
2019 MICHIGAN OVER ALL STATE CHAMPION

NITECH CH HALL'S X-RATED TESS HTX

GRNITECH WCH CH HALL'S LATE NIGHT ICON
2018 N.P.H.A HIGH SCORING DOG OF THE YEAR

Old Post 01-27-2016 02:30 PM
cory hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cory hall Click here to Send cory hall a Private Message Click Here to Email cory hall Find more posts by cory hall Add cory hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by cory hall
You can not score a previously scored tree, delete.

If the dog would have been a little quicker he would of been minuses, seems like a flaw in the rules

Old Post 01-27-2016 02:37 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Allowing dogs to return to a previously scored tree unlimited numbers of times is definately a flaw in the rules. And it is a flaw that will probably remain in the rules fr a long time more. There's a large number of coonhunters out there that consider it acceptable. They just don't believe you should ever correct a dog for treeing where there is a coon.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-27-2016 03:32 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Same basic question except one dog comes while shining tree, one dog comes in right after cast has plused the tree?

Old Post 01-27-2016 09:58 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

The key is when dogs are RECAST or timeout called. Before that, any dog that comes in and is handled is covering a closed tree with a coon seen, minus strike. After recast or timeout, delete strike. That's how I think it is handled unless I'm wrong.

Old Post 01-27-2016 10:33 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

That seems right, it came up in a mock hunt the other night

Old Post 01-27-2016 10:57 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

If you have already left the tree that's treeing on a previously scored tree and that dog gets deleted.

You have to still be at the tree as once you leave the tree is considered "scored" at least that's my understanding from an Advisor many, many years ago LOL.

Old Post 01-28-2016 12:16 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Advisor reads that it is a scored tree immediately after the majority has seen the coon without question.

Old Post 01-28-2016 12:34 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ssgied
Advisor reads that it is a scored tree immediately after the majority has seen the coon without question.

So you are saying as soon as the majority sees the coon the other dogs are free to come in without being minused? I dont think it works like that.

The key to it is they had left the tree. My only reservation about it is the fact that all the dogs handled at that tree are still considered as treed until they are recast.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 01-28-2016 12:46 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

I had a M.O rule that the tree is scored when the vote is taken,as the rules say

Old Post 01-28-2016 11:27 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

The point at which the tree is scored and the point at which dogs are recast is not the same thing. That is what some of you are missing. Yes, the tree is scored when when the vote is completed and no question posed. But that is not when dogs are recast. And dogs covering a closed tree before those dogs are eligible to recast are scored under rule 4-F.

Old Post 01-28-2016 01:24 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 10-03-2018 08:48 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Btt

Well JS, some say if the dogs that treed in this coon are still on the lead but not re-cut loose the dog that came in is minused. Here is the kicker on that the dog could actually take a -125 for being treed after the 5 min is up and by treeing would be saying that he was split treed then taking a whatever strike it was carrying for treeing on a coon after the judge arrived.
Then there is the rest of us thst say the tree was scored now completely dead and now a previously scored tree and all points should be deleted for treeing there.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-03-2018 09:15 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rule

This was answered on another thread and the ADVISOR was quoted as to when a tree was previously scored. We can not let our personal opinion, logic or anything else cloud the issue. UKC addressed this in the ADVISOR, go by it. Dave

Old Post 10-03-2018 09:26 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Rule

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
This was answered on another thread and the ADVISOR was quoted as to when a tree was previously scored. We can not let our personal opinion, logic or anything else cloud the issue. UKC addressed this in the ADVISOR, go by it. Dave

a) Coon is found before shining time expires.
Immediately after the point where a majority of the cast has plainly seen the coon without question--it becomes or is considered a ''previously'' scored tree.
b)Cast members suspend the search before shining time expires without finding a coon.
Immediately after the point when all cast members are satisfied to quit the search-it becomes a ''previously'' scored tree.
c) Shining time expires and no coon is found.
Immediately following the 8 minutes expiration of shining time-it becomes or is considered a ''previously'' scored tree.

this was taken out of the advisor 2nd edition on pages 51 & 52 the whole question on previously scored trees is there to read, I did change from 10 minutes to 8 minutes shine time.--it would take me all afternoon to quote the whole question & their reply.--lol--I know a lot will disagree with the ruling--but its not mine.
in the end it looks like delete strike points to the dog coming in after the tree is scored to me.

X2 agree.

What some are saying including our board experts Jim and Michael think it is not until dogs are re-cast tells me there must be something contradictory in the advisor or rules somewhere.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-03-2018 09:41 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Just read in my book and I stand corrected. Not sure how I got this one so wrong for so long.
Also not sure where this "expert" stuff comes from. This sure ain't the first time I had it wrong.

Old Post 10-03-2018 09:52 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
That seems right, it came up in a mock hunt the other night

I asked this two years ago, i hope JiM is right because after JiMs reply i called my buddy whos dog trailed to the tree after we seen the coon and told him his dog was minused, i enjoy minuusing his dogs. Lol. Sidenote i had my Garmin collar on his dog, she took the exact path mine did only it took 10 minutes longer. She needed minus imo

Old Post 10-03-2018 09:59 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Sleeoy

Jim was wrong, apologize to your buddy. Lol. Dave

Old Post 10-03-2018 10:13 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: Sleeoy

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Jim was wrong, apologize to your buddy. Lol. Dave

The heck with em Dave, I remind him of that track every once in a while. We turned loose, mine came out of the box with his head up and was 750 yards treed in just a few minutes. We walked to him and found the coon and i was getting ready to recut when his old hag came bawling in. My buddys body language completely changed. His shoulders came together, head went down. Just opposite for me.

Old Post 10-03-2018 10:38 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Sleepy head

Now pleasure hunting is a different story, rag him all you want. Lol. Dave

Old Post 10-04-2018 01:35 AM
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

2nd advisor is out of print and out dated must refer to coonhound advisor column in bloodlines magazine or coonhound news ukc front page /hunting/coonhound news for current rulings that supersede 2nd addition i haven't taken the time to research it out but i will

Old Post 10-04-2018 02:22 AM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Allowing dogs to return to a previously scored tree unlimited numbers of times is definately a flaw in the rules. And it is a flaw that will probably remain in the rules fr a long time more. There's a large number of coonhunters out there that consider it acceptable. They just don't believe you should ever correct a dog for treeing where there is a coon.

Easiest dog to beat is one that goes back.

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 10-04-2018 05:47 AM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoggyBayouBlues
UKC Forum Member

X2

Old Post 10-04-2018 11:46 PM
LoggyBayouBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LoggyBayouBlues Click here to Send LoggyBayouBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email LoggyBayouBlues Find more posts by LoggyBayouBlues Add LoggyBayouBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote