UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > # of Hunts
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Then don't go to a 1 hour hunt. I've paid way more for not much more than 1 hr hunt before. I also take it you don't hunt pkc. Since they're 1 hr hunts at $30 or double headers at $60 for both rounds, or $50 open hunt.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-03-2019 04:40 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

All there is is 1 hr hunts now except the big hunts. dah. I would rather hunt pkc now instead of ukc . at least you have a chance on winning your money back whether you have plus , minus or circle points,

Home of:
NitechPR Fitzko's Bonecollector Ravn
PR Fitzko's Hardwood Mighty Mouse
PR Timber Chopper Ace in the hole

Old Post 12-03-2019 05:05 PM
Daniel Fitzko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Fitzko Click here to Send Daniel Fitzko a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Fitzko Add Daniel Fitzko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Not long ago people went to a Ukc hunt, paid $15, and all they could get was a yellow piece of paper or at best a trophy, which was usually in a $20 hunt. Now they can go spend $20 and win money at the hunt, get qualified for a mega hunt with five cast wins, get money from the performance program, still get their win slip, and not have to worry about someone in another cast cheating them out of a first place win. I think they can keep their trophy and give me all of the advantages we can hunt for now. Just doesn’t make sense to me why people are complaining so much.

Old Post 12-04-2019 05:27 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
Not long ago people went to a Ukc hunt, paid $15, and all they could get was a yellow piece of paper or at best a trophy, which was usually in a $20 hunt. Now they can go spend $20 and win money at the hunt, get qualified for a mega hunt with five cast wins, get money from the performance program, still get their win slip, and not have to worry about someone in another cast cheating them out of a first place win. I think they can keep their trophy and give me all of the advantages we can hunt for now. Just doesn’t make sense to me why people are complaining so much.

You and me both. But like I've said for a few years, if you don't like hunts put on by UKC then there's other venues to choose from. I choose to hunt PKC because I like the format better. But now that the guide's are taken out of the equation so to speak then I'm probably going to hunt some UKC hunts next year. But the price of hunts I've never really worried about much. Because I don't go to 1 every night. I go to roughly 5-15 any given year and entries from $30-$300 and some that were higher but not many. But most clubs are charging more than $20 for hunts. Just like most businesses clubs looked at the bottom line and raised the prices to compensate the difference. Which I'm okay with.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 12-04-2019 09:03 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote