UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Astro And Lap Top
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PAUL STROMBECK
UKC Forum Member

Garmin Astro And Lap Top

THIS MIGHT BE A DUMB QUESTION, BUT IS THERE ANY WAY YOU CAN HOOK THE GARMIN TO YOUR LAP TOP AND USE THE LAP TOP FOR A MONITER ? JUST AN IDEA FOR THE TRUCK, THE SCREEN GETS A LITTLE SMALL AT TIMES, THNAKS ADVANCE

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-13-2009 04:55 PM
PAUL STROMBECK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PAUL STROMBECK Click here to Send PAUL STROMBECK a Private Message Click Here to Email PAUL STROMBECK Find more posts by PAUL STROMBECK Add PAUL STROMBECK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

no idea, but that would be pretty cool

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 01-13-2009 05:00 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truebluefordman
UKC Forum Member

i would say so you have usb port on the garmin for down loads . i aint no p/c guru but if you can down load to it you should be able to pull from it right?? just a dum hoosier but sounds good right.

boy's i tell ya how it is. i'am not here to bs you. i'am here to hunt dogs and get you the most for your money.my door is open for anyone to come hunt, spend the night or the weekend i hunt hard and it shows in my dogs 317-494-1098 danny suttles

Old Post 01-13-2009 05:05 PM
truebluefordman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truebluefordman Click here to Send truebluefordman a Private Message Click Here to Email truebluefordman Find more posts by truebluefordman Add truebluefordman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PAUL STROMBECK
UKC Forum Member

TRUE BLUE.
ILL LET U KNOW IF IT WORKS, JUST NEED A LAP TOP NOW

Old Post 01-13-2009 05:12 PM
PAUL STROMBECK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PAUL STROMBECK Click here to Send PAUL STROMBECK a Private Message Click Here to Email PAUL STROMBECK Find more posts by PAUL STROMBECK Add PAUL STROMBECK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Currently there is no "live" feed of information to the USB port from the hand held....

You can download history from both the hand held unit, and a more detailed history from the collars (yes, they keep a separate history as well), but you can not do it "live"....

Old Post 01-13-2009 08:30 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

I'd say it may be possible with some of the 3rd party software packages out there. But they will require some computer savvy are probably kind of buggy.

I haven't tried to make any of these work but a couple (Clew, Earth Bridge) look promising.

http://www.maps-gps-info.com/fgpfw.html#Windows

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 01-13-2009 09:49 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John D
I'd say it may be possible with some of the 3rd party software packages out there. But they will require some computer savvy are probably kind of buggy.

I haven't tried to make any of these work but a couple (Clew, Earth Bridge) look promising.

http://www.maps-gps-info.com/fgpfw.html#Windows

John,

Right now, from my attempts it seems futile.

When you connect the USB to the hand held, it actually stops tracking! So without modification from Garmin...won't happen.

Garmin sells a GPS reciever that is made for plugging into a USB port.....

Old Post 01-13-2009 09:53 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

Its do-able, just like everything else in the world of programming, its only a matter of time and money.

What software were you using?

I'd bet a nickel that these 3rd party packages would require some tweaking, at best. Something that works on one Garmin might work on the Astro with some mod's. By that I mean reprogramming source code, which is something that I've done enough to know I don't want to do it, lol.

Be alot better to just wait for Garmin to come out with something...

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 01-13-2009 10:25 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote