UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I know it’s a long shot
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Clayton Cole Jr
UKC Forum Member

I know it’s a long shot

Let start by saying my son is just turned 15 and has got into duck hunting a few years ago. This year however he hit it really hard with his trusty side kick Sadie. Sadie was a 5 year old black female lab. She had a beautiful block head and a disposition that I have never seen on a lab. She would do anything he told her to. She was so tender hearted that she would retrieve ducks but would not mess with the chickens in the yard. This morning around 5 am she was using the bathroom and got out the yard somehow and Into the highway. My son is heart broken and feels empty without his companion. I know you can not replace the love of a dog to it’s owner or vise versa but he needs that bond. Does anyone know of a full blooded lab breeder that has pups at a reasonable price for my son. I can’t stand to see him lost. I figured even though Sadie can’t be replaced ever. He. An try to build a bond with a new pup training it the way he did her. Any help would be appreciated.

RIP PR' Outlaws DYNAMITE JOE

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-05-2020 08:18 PM
Clayton Cole Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clayton Cole Jr Click here to Send Clayton Cole Jr a Private Message Click Here to Email Clayton Cole Jr Find more posts by Clayton Cole Jr Add Clayton Cole Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Clayton

My heart goes out for your son, nothing can replace what he lost. I hope you can find him a pup, a pup will definitely be a distraction and may ease his pain in part. Dave

Old Post 05-06-2020 01:45 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clayton Cole Jr
UKC Forum Member

Thank you

RIP PR' Outlaws DYNAMITE JOE

Old Post 05-06-2020 02:47 AM
Clayton Cole Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clayton Cole Jr Click here to Send Clayton Cole Jr a Private Message Click Here to Email Clayton Cole Jr Find more posts by Clayton Cole Jr Add Clayton Cole Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

Sir,

First of all, I too am truly sorry for your son's loss. It is a hard reality for a young man to face. I truly do believe that our Lord has a place in heaven for our beloved canine friends also.

With that being said---there used to be a guy in east Texas that almost always had pups for sale in the Retriever Forum. His kennel name is Moccasin Creek Labrador Kennels. He doesn't have a thread on there at this time though.You can google his kennel name and look at what he has though. I'll let you know now though, be prepared for sticker shock. They are high dollar pups, but from what I can tell, most all the Labs that he breeds are titled dogs. Not to say that because they are titled, the pups will be too. But, IMO, thats half the battle won. Like anything that one would spend a lot of money on--- research the guy and his kennel if you decide to go that route. Good luck in finding your son his next best friend. Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 05-07-2020 12:59 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

I know nothing about Labs but if I were in your shoes I'd look local or at least within a days drive before going further. Go meet the person selling the pup or young dog. You can tell a lot about what they may have for dogs by meeting them in person, seeing their dogs in person and seeing with your own eyes how they care for their dogs.

I'd also look for gun dog stock. Something that is Hunted over and as a family pet if that's your intention. I'm sure your son is heart broken. Let him grieve the loss and the wound heal a bit before looking for his next one. In your case you've lost a 4 legged family member that is irreplaceable.

Use the time well in the search for another dog for your son as there are opportunities to make lifetime memories and lessons he'll treasure for the rest of his and your days!

Old Post 05-07-2020 03:22 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote