UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bad Luck
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Bad Luck

Tuesday morning I was hunting bobcats in South Texas with good friend and PBR bullfighter, Shorty Gorham. We treed a cat and before we could get to them, I heard the dogs break running again. I asked Shorty if he had a dog that was bad about climbing because the dogs are running again. He said that he had a gyp by the name of "Tiny" that was bad about climbing.
In a few minutes, the dogs treed again and we drove right to the tree. When we arrived, Tiny was back in the tree and near the big kitten. Just before we arrived at the tree, we see her struggling and realize that she has a front foot wedged in a fork of a limb. Before Shorty can climb the tree and rescue the dog, I see her front right leg break above the knee.
Shorty was able to free her foot and lower her to the ground. I hauled her to the vet about an hour and a half away where x-rays revealed what we knew, both bones were broken. The vet performed surgery and had to put a plate in. He seems to be doing well this morning.
This is why it is so important to discipline a young dog when it starts this terrible practice.
By the way, we shot this hunt, rescue and getting the dog to the vet for CARNIVORE.
Adios,
Gary

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-13-2019 05:59 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Carnivore

Watch Carnivore when I catch it on.Enjoy all you Coyote hunts.

Need to come to Michigan if you can.We got about as many Coyote as Deer.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Last edited by 4play on 06-13-2019 at 07:43 PM

Old Post 06-13-2019 07:23 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Like all your shows but the ones with Shorty are great. Loved the one that Shorty had the young men at a bull riding or bull fighting camp. Think it was a two part show. Keep up the good work!

How did your blue tick pup from the AI litter turn out?

Old Post 06-13-2019 07:32 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Gents!!!! Shorty is a REALLY nice young man and a very good houndsman. He is married to one of my best friend's daughters and that is how I got to know him.
I have many times questioned the intelligence of someone who wanted to get in a pen with some of these fighting cattle but I will never question Shorty's intelligence. Shorty is not only a good "dog" man, he is a very smart business man as well.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 06-13-2019 07:53 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote