UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Don’t you think it’s time ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Don’t you think it’s time ?

For a bench show judge to be able to judge a family member as long as the dog is in that family members name. A moh can have a family member in the hunt. Down here there are only a couple of bench show judges left you almost got to go to anouther state to GRCH a dog to get your wins under different judges.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-08-2019 09:26 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Don’t you think it’s time ?

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
For a bench show judge to be able to judge a family member as long as the dog is in that family members name. A moh can have a family member in the hunt. Down here there are only a couple of bench show judges left you almost got to go to anouther state to GRCH a dog to get your wins under different judges.

Tar

All dogs should have HTX 1 before they get on any Plywood, Just saying before any one else did.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 07-08-2019 09:53 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Don’t you think it’s time ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nitehunter2004
All dogs should have HTX 1 before they get on any Plywood, Just saying before any one else did. [/QUOTE

If I show it is because I am hunting in the hunt later and I know if they show at least 3 dogs it pays for their hunt packet.

Let’s say you have a 2 dog bench show and a 4 dog hunt that’s $110. Ukc gets $54 the club gets $56 that bench show is very important to that club being able to make expenses. You have to turn away people for certain things or they need wins under a different judge and there are none around that’s not good.

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2019 10:50 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Seems like a fair request unted the circumstances. I would not want my dad to judge, he would have tried to hard to be impartial, I suspect most dad's would be like that. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-09-2019 12:13 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

You got enough problems now, when judges start judging family members, its time to nail the doors shut. Every local club should pay the license fee for someone to get a bench show judge license.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 07-09-2019 12:30 AM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
You got enough problems now, when judges start judging family members, its time to nail the doors shut. Every local club should pay the license fee for someone to get a bench show judge license.

If you are a hunt director sombody can hunt your dog right ? If you are a moh a family member can hunt under you right ? Now I know there are other places just like where I live the hunts are 100 miles apart that makes it hard to get your wins one you have to have competition to make champion two you have to have wins under 3 different judges for grand champion. Now we could do like most just put the dogs in others names till they title out then change them back after. In Oklahoma we just don’t have many judges and the clubs need the revenue. I have judged some high profile people and never showed partiality ever !! The best dog wins under me and nobody should have a license that’s any other way.

It ain’t like any of these big time show dogs ever get anywhere near a coon ever anyways all a show dog title means anyway is :

Ain’t they purty lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-09-2019 12:45 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Judging a bench show and being moh’s is two different situations.
Bench show is one persons opinion and of their family member wins it cast doubt on the win.

In a hunt there is a judge on the cast and the moh’s isn’t actually judging their family member.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Last edited by Moderator VII on 12-24-2019 at 03:54 AM

Old Post 07-09-2019 01:06 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
Judging a bench show and being moh’s is two different situations.
Bench show is one persons opinion and of their family member wins it cast doubt on the win.

In a hunt their is a judge on the cast and the moh’s isn’t actually judging their family member.

Hobo not being a smartie but at the local level I judge a lot of dogs on the bench that are not show quality and they gain titles because they are more less the biggest midget. It’s more less a learning experience for bigger venues. I could name names of people that judge their own dogs and you would know them but they put the papers in others names that’s been going on since I started 40 yrs ago.

Just trying to help the clubs that are struggling.

Tar

Old Post 07-09-2019 01:19 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

If the entry fee of one dog is gonna hurt the club that bad they have bigger issues than a family member not being able to show under that judge.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 07-09-2019 01:29 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
If the entry fee of one dog is gonna hurt the club that bad they have bigger issues than a family member not being able to show under that judge.

That’s what I am telling you and it just ain’t here we are hurting up to 5 hrs away from here I get calls needing judges. If the numbers of the entry’s was still in the book you would see. I do ours for free so it pays for the hunt packet but they can only show under me so many times. You got any suggestions.

Tar

Old Post 07-09-2019 01:42 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Talk some of your buddies into becoming judges

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 07-09-2019 02:28 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Talk some of your buddies into becoming judges

I am 61 yrs old and I am they baby of the bunch. The rest of my buddy’s are all gone. Maybe I just never took winning a local bench show that serious. I remember years ago Mr Fred telling us I can’t remember exzactly how he said it but it was somthing like this I know dogs are going to have faults and disqualifying faults but don’t turn them away just don’t use them for the winner unless you have to.

What you think he would say about this delima?

Tar

Old Post 07-09-2019 02:39 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You are making some good points, a show champion made on the local club level is mostly for fun anyway. Who really takes those titles serious and as Fred said, don't turn them away, just don't let them win unless you have to. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-09-2019 03:29 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Nobody wants to step up and do it Bench Show or Master of Hounds they are to busy telling everybody how bad the ones we have are doing.

Old Post 07-09-2019 03:34 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoggyBayouBlues
UKC Forum Member

We have a bunch of backyard GrandNite Champion's why not a bunch of backyard Grand Champion's.

Old Post 07-09-2019 12:13 PM
LoggyBayouBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LoggyBayouBlues Click here to Send LoggyBayouBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email LoggyBayouBlues Find more posts by LoggyBayouBlues Add LoggyBayouBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mike fleming
Nobody wants to step up and do it Bench Show or Master of Hounds they are to busy telling everybody how bad the ones we have are doing.

you got that right

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 07-09-2019 03:07 PM
Robert Johnson is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tommygunner
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
you got that right
Thats a fact and its so sad, up here as close as we are to UKC headquarters a bunch of crybabies live.

Old Post 07-09-2019 03:21 PM
tommygunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tommygunner Click here to Send tommygunner a Private Message Click Here to Email tommygunner Find more posts by tommygunner Add tommygunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Doesn't each club have to have 2 moh/bsj in their membership or is that a think of the past? (Club criteria)

Old Post 07-09-2019 04:29 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote