UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Advice
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pacooner86
New UKC Forum Member

Advice

What is your favorite squaller and why? I'm in the market for one and wondering what is the best.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-15-2018 12:56 AM
pacooner86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pacooner86 Click here to Send pacooner86 a Private Message Click Here to Email pacooner86 Find more posts by pacooner86 Add pacooner86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Lots of good ones. Take your pick but I have never found one that is as good as just using my mouth. However it’s a strain anymore. I have three. Zepps, two looking down and badlands

Old Post 01-15-2018 01:30 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The difference in squaller is the guy blowing on them.

Old Post 01-15-2018 02:15 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wdb91
UKC Forum Member

Like strokin I always use my mouth and never have a problem me personally I have never owned a squaller but my buddies use the bad man squaller from taters Feed and hunting supply and it seems to work real well..

Old Post 01-15-2018 02:40 PM
Wdb91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wdb91 Click here to Send Wdb91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Wdb91 Find more posts by Wdb91 Add Wdb91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

the Pinnacle from Big Show Game Calls. hands down best ive ever heard or used.

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 01-15-2018 02:56 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
The difference in squaller is the guy blowing on them.
I agree with this. I've tried a lot of different ones. None work.

Old Post 01-15-2018 04:05 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Like you I came to this conclusion after buying and trying several different brands. I finally realized that the problem was me, not the squaller.

Old Post 01-15-2018 04:15 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I watched the videos ten times of the guys making them jump out. I didn't help me at all. But I've also watched 50 Brad Paisley videos and I still can't play a guitar. It must be me.

Old Post 01-15-2018 04:26 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Call

Josh at Big Show Game Calls will fix you up, you won't be sorry. Dave

Old Post 01-15-2018 05:19 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zach.gerot
UKC Forum Member

bsgc pinnacle/ chatterbox and zepps work well for me

I use to think squallers dint work but i think i use to jus be bad at it. The more i practice i get more n more to look and run around the tree real nervous ive made a few jump out of the tree but havent got them to come out of a den yet. ive got 3 plastic calls and one wood and the plastic sounds a lot better to me.

Old Post 01-15-2018 06:22 PM
Zach.gerot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zach.gerot Click here to Send Zach.gerot a Private Message Click Here to Email Zach.gerot Find more posts by Zach.gerot Add Zach.gerot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Mostly it's the coon.

I've tried several different squallers over the years. Seems like they come in about 3 different pitches. High, medium and low. All work on some coon. None work on some coon. Some coon are more nervous than others (Like people).
The only thing I'm pretty sure of is: When sows have kittens, a higher pitch works best on the sow. Kittens will look at about anything.
My favorite squaller is made by Randy Switzer.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 01-15-2018 07:03 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote