UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > !!!---Your Thoughts on Dogtra Pathfinder---!!!
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

satellite maps

Bruce,

I'm trying to follow your instructions earlier in the post to get the google earth maps in there without cell signal. You say to download google maps, i have the app. i cant see when i go into the dogtra that the same place i opened up in google maps is popping up?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-22-2018 01:56 PM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

When you go to the dogtra app select the menu bar on top left. From that menu list you should see just above OFFLINE MAPS the selection of MAP SELECT. Touch that and from the list select GOOGLE-SATELLITE.

If you don't seen map select then remove and download the Dogtra APP again.

Old Post 01-22-2018 03:18 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coch20
I noticed if you mark the truck and close out of your screen I lose the truck marking... Anything i can do for this? anyone else experience this? Also any way you can track the truck or make the map face north?

Go to the app store and leave this in a review and dogtra will know what we want. I see they have been commenting on several reviews. I just did one today about saving waypoints and starting a new hunt without closing the app.

For getting the map to face north, push the little black circle in the bottom right of the map screen two times and it will show track up. You can also rotate the map however you want by putting two fingers on the screen and rotating your hand.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Last edited by K. Singletary on 01-26-2018 at 04:09 PM

Old Post 01-23-2018 05:53 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Hunted with one tonight.

Loved it.

It is not quite the Garmin Alpha, but it's half the price.

It has better maps with more detail.

I have two garmins, the 320 and the Alpha. I like this just as well if not more.

Biggest drawback is not being able to add other folks dogs like I can with the Alpha if I know the numbers.

Old Post 01-27-2018 04:19 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coch20
UKC Forum Member

thanks kenny, good advise

Northern Backwoods Kennels

Old Post 01-29-2018 05:48 PM
coch20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coch20 Click here to Send coch20 a Private Message Click Here to Email coch20 Find more posts by coch20 Add coch20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ndm
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Well I don't know what I am saying. I downloaded Google Maps App to my phone. This phone has no service connection but did the download from the house where I had wifi. Since I did that when I go to map select from the menu it has Google-Satellite as one of the selections. I select that and it appears to have the entire US there.

Before I had to go to off line maps and downloaded to that small box but I don't think you have to do that anymore. At least I don't. Trying to verify this with someone is like trying to pull teeth. No one will stay on subject or really understands what they are doing.

Bruce, is your maps really blurry when you zoom in? I have the Google maps on the satellite view and zoomed way out it looks great but when your zoomed in with no Wi-Fi the maps are so blurry they're not even really usable.

Old Post 02-08-2018 03:19 AM
ndm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ndm Click here to Send ndm a Private Message Click Here to Email ndm Find more posts by ndm Add ndm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ndm
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Well I don't know what I am saying. I downloaded Google Maps App to my phone. This phone has no service connection but did the download from the house where I had wifi. Since I did that when I go to map select from the menu it has Google-Satellite as one of the selections. I select that and it appears to have the entire US there.

Before I had to go to off line maps and downloaded to that small box but I don't think you have to do that anymore. At least I don't. Trying to verify this with someone is like trying to pull teeth. No one will stay on subject or really understands what they are doing.

Bruce, is your maps really blurry when you zoom in? I have the Google maps on the satellite view and zoomed way out it looks great but when your zoomed in with no Wi-Fi the maps are so blurry they're not even really usable.

Old Post 02-08-2018 03:19 AM
ndm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ndm Click here to Send ndm a Private Message Click Here to Email ndm Find more posts by ndm Add ndm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

One th Dogtra they are very nice. What I would suggest to go back to the Google map when yo have wifi service and scan out to a lot larger area than your hunt and the scan all the way it. I can't explain it because I personally haven't seen it but if you go there and just basically are on one basic area without scanning around. The the surrounding areas are blurry. I would actually suggest opening the map and calling out to the whole or half the US.

Old Post 02-08-2018 11:43 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by ndm

Your maps download at greater detail as you zoom in. If there is no data service they can not do this.

Old Post 02-08-2018 01:36 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ndm
UKC Forum Member

Ok, that's what I was thinking but Bruce made it sound like his maps were pretty detailed with no data.
I tried downloading offline maps but when I do that it is just the bland maps, not the Google earth. Is that the best those offline maps are, or am I doing something wrong?

Old Post 02-08-2018 01:51 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ndm
Ok, that's what I was thinking but Bruce made it sound like his maps were pretty detailed with no data.
I tried downloading offline maps but when I do that it is just the bland maps, not the Google earth. Is that the best those offline maps are, or am I doing something wrong?

No dont waste time with offline maps.

What you need to do is just put the app on your regular cell phone that has data service. It takes very little Data, and it does not slow your phone down or eat your battery. You will get by with it better if you have service

Old Post 02-08-2018 01:57 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by ndm

I turned on wifi and opened the Dogtra app to the satellite map screen. Put my phone on the charger and zoomed out to cover about 3/4s of South Carolina. The screen doesn't time out when the phone is on the charger and it stays on the map the entire time it takes the phone to charge. Turned wifi off and my maps have been clear everywhere I've gone. Accidentally left the phone on Saturday night and the battery was dead Tuesday, recharged the phone without turning on wifi and my satellite maps are still on the phone.

Old Post 02-08-2018 02:03 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ndm
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by K. Singletary
I turned on wifi and opened the Dogtra app to the satellite map screen. Put my phone on the charger and zoomed out to cover about 3/4s of South Carolina. The screen doesn't time out when the phone is on the charger and it stays on the map the entire time it takes the phone to charge. Turned wifi off and my maps have been clear everywhere I've gone. Accidentally left the phone on Saturday night and the battery was dead Tuesday, recharged the phone without turning on wifi and my satellite maps are still on the phone.

So are your maps clear when you zoom in now with no data service?

Old Post 02-08-2018 02:08 PM
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

Yes, I use a phone with no service plan and my maps are clear.

Old Post 02-08-2018 02:14 PM
ndm
UKC Forum Member

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks
If that doesn't do it I'll just use my regular phone like Josh said, I just thought it would be nice to have a separate phone to use for this.

I just got it and have only hunted with it once so I'll probably have more questions. Thanks for all the help.

Old Post 02-08-2018 02:23 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I have this on a phone that has no service connection to anyone. I just downloaded the Google Map app and when using the system. I don't use online maps. The page before that it has a page of the google maps and I just select Sattilite view.

I worked with one guy in SC that his area was good then when he went left or right it was blurry. I had him reopen the google map when he was hooked to wifi and zoom out to a several state area and give it time to load. It then worked for him.

Old Post 02-08-2018 02:35 PM
ndm
UKC Forum Member

Anyone ever have this happen? Kept saying the dog was 20 ft. when he was over 600 yds. on map page. Compass showed the correct distance.

Old Post 02-16-2018 04:01 AM
ndm
UKC Forum Member

Anyone ever have this happen? Kept saying the dog was 20 ft. when he was over 600 yds. on map page. Compass showed the correct distance.

Old Post 02-16-2018 04:02 AM
Mike Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Is there anyway to clear the tracks or start a new hunt without exiting the app? Problem is that if i exit the app to start a new hunt and have no service I loose my satellite maps.

Old Post 04-08-2018 09:31 PM
Mike Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Reynolds Click here to Send Mike Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Reynolds Find more posts by Mike Reynolds Add Mike Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thgearwide
UKC Forum Member

Interested in the pathfinder just wondering about a few things I haven’t been able to find online. Can you add new collars with an ID number like the garmins? Does you have the ability to tone vibrate or stimulate? How about collar lights like the alpha? Can multiple devices connect to it and track at a time? What about long range antennas, if they’re usuable are they the same as the garmin stuff? What’s the run time on a fully charged collar? Sorry for all the questions but I’d love to hear from someone with some first hand experience.

Old Post 12-26-2018 05:53 AM
5thgearwide is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thgearwide Click here to Send 5thgearwide a Private Message Find more posts by 5thgearwide Add 5thgearwide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 5thgearwide
Interested in the pathfinder just wondering about a few things I haven’t been able to find online. Can you add new collars with an ID number like the garmins? Does you have the ability to tone vibrate or stimulate? How about collar lights like the alpha? Can multiple devices connect to it and track at a time? What about long range antennas, if they’re usuable are they the same as the garmin stuff? What’s the run time on a fully charged collar? Sorry for all the questions but I’d love to hear from someone with some first hand experience.

The training features are extremely to operate and they work very well. Yes you have tone and shock. It vibrates but I am not sure if you can turn that off and do it separate from the tone or not as that is not something I use.

The collars last a long time, not sure how long as I have never had one run down enough to worry about it.

If there are collar lights I haven't learned how to use them yet.

I tried to allow someone else to track all the collars once and that didn't work for me, it knocked me off them and put them in his phone. It may be easy and I just don't know how to do it but I didn't get it to work.

I don't know of any way to just add a collar with numbers.

Old Post 12-26-2018 02:35 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thgearwide
UKC Forum Member

Has anyone had any issues with collar interference from nearby hunters yet? I bear hunt mostly and occasionally if someone else’s dogs come into a race or if we are hunting within 3-5 miles of another hunting party my garmin will show my dog jumping 4 miles or so and track a different dog instead of mine... anybody ran into this? Also wondering about adding a buddy’s dogs during a hunt without being able to just select their collar ID number?

Old Post 01-01-2019 04:08 PM
5thgearwide is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thgearwide Click here to Send 5thgearwide a Private Message Find more posts by 5thgearwide Add 5thgearwide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BillSteward
New UKC Forum Member

We helped the dog tra engineers put the collars together a few years ago and they was super great people.There was many years hunting experience went into it with the help of Richard Brooks and Jerry Jerome’s knowledge of hounds and hound hunting.Im glad to hear it’s going over well and you won’t get any better customer service!

Old Post 01-01-2019 05:48 PM
BillSteward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BillSteward Click here to Send BillSteward a Private Message Click Here to Email BillSteward Find more posts by BillSteward Add BillSteward to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryce Matthews
New UKC Forum Member

The pathfinder works just fine on my samsung tablet. I like the pathfinder so much that I bought a second reciever that I hook up to my tablet and share from my phone to my tablet which is on a windshield mount so I have my own custom bigger viewer like the drive track unit by Garmin. Dogtra is the way to go for sure. And all of the little quirks that were talked about on the first couple of pages have all been worked out in the new updates.

Old Post 01-02-2019 02:01 AM
Bryce Matthews is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryce Matthews Click here to Send Bryce Matthews a Private Message Find more posts by Bryce Matthews Add Bryce Matthews to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryce Matthews
New UKC Forum Member

The pathfinder works just fine on my samsung tablet. I like the pathfinder so much that I bought a second reciever that I hook up to my tablet and share from my phone to my tablet which is on a windshield mount so I have my own custom bigger viewer like the drive track unit by Garmin. Dogtra is the way to go for sure. And all of the little quirks that were talked about on the first couple of pages have all been worked out in the new updates.

Old Post 01-02-2019 02:02 AM
Bryce Matthews is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryce Matthews Click here to Send Bryce Matthews a Private Message Find more posts by Bryce Matthews Add Bryce Matthews to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote