UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Older Hunters
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
james norman
UKC Forum Member

Older Hunters

Talked to Johnny Gillium and John Cole this week.Always on here about supporting our youth but lets not forget about the guys that helped and have gave so much to hunting dogs.Just take a little time to say hi and u still think of them often. I`m sure everyone knows someone that can`t` get out like they use to or can`t`hunt at all . My father in laws eyes still lite up when anyone wants to talk dogs.We will all get there someday.

Past {Nt.Ch. Rapdan River Black Booty} GNT. CH.Ugly X GNT.CH. Getto Queen}
PKC.CH.Slam'n Raven[Gnt.CH.Troubadour X Buckeye Jam ]

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-28-2014 06:42 PM
james norman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for james norman Click here to Send james norman a Private Message Click Here to Email james norman Find more posts by james norman Add james norman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gregory Kemp
UKC Forum Member

Good post James!

*Nt. Ch. Black Magic Roscoe's Hot Persuit (aka Jr.) one win toward Gr. Nt. Ch. ($120 dollars won in PKC).
(Nt. Ch. Winner of Princeton, W.Va. Blk. and Tan Sectional 2012). HTX winner. 5th place winner 2014 Black and Tan Days Thursday night. SIRE OF THE 2015 U.K.C. WORLD COONHOUND RESERVE WORLD CHAMPION!

*Kemps Little Reed Blk. Chester (1st and 2nd place wins in UKC) (two wins in A.C.H.A.) (pup off of Jr.) FULL LITTERMATE TO THE 2015 UKC RESERVE WORLD CHAMPION !!
Mr. ACCURATE!

*Nt. Ch. Kemps Little Reed Blk. Prowler (1st place UKC World Qualifier '09, 6th Place Hi Scoring Blk. and Tan at Southeastern Treeing Walker Days, '07).

The Kemps (Greg, Vickie, Erica, and Noah)
6 Little Vine Rd.
Hillsville, Va. 24343
276-733-8590

Old Post 07-28-2014 10:02 PM
Gregory Kemp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gregory Kemp Click here to Send Gregory Kemp a Private Message Click Here to Email Gregory Kemp Find more posts by Gregory Kemp Add Gregory Kemp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Duncan
UKC Forum Member

Good post. Bruce is top tonch along with a lot of men in the breed. Love to see men raise and hunt their line of dogs.

Old Post 07-29-2014 01:25 AM
John Duncan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Duncan Click here to Send John Duncan a Private Message Find more posts by John Duncan Add John Duncan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

i went today to see a old coon hunter and gave him some stuff out of the garden.we talked several hours about them old hi tan dogs that hunters use to hunt around here so much. i remember when he turned 75,he told me he went to the doctor,and the doctor told him what ever your doing keep doing it but more of it,my buddy told the doctor i cant do more of it cause my wife will leave me,the doctor asked what do you do, my buddy said coon hunt.lol

Old Post 07-29-2014 06:45 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

last of the old timers around here passed away this weekend. was guy that got my dad into hounds in early 70s. this man suffered from MS and cant believe hung on this long. couple months ago at his brothers funeral I got to listen to couple hours of old hunting stories mostly bout his best dog a b&t-cross with little plott in lineage. his relatives said that was happiest had seen him in years getting to tell stories to a modern day hunter and hear bout the garmin and all the new gadgets.

Old Post 07-29-2014 02:59 PM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike mizell
UKC Forum Member

You can call them older hunters or what ever you want to.
A real coon hunter aint done till he is dead and the dirt shovled on his face.
I know some hunters that are 70 plus years and they are still pushing black and tans.
I hit the big 50 this year.when I'm hunting folks can't hang with me now.wait till I'm 20 years older than I am now.I will be retired it will be dark to daylight every night.lol

Old Post 07-29-2014 08:40 PM
mike mizell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike mizell Click here to Send mike mizell a Private Message Click Here to Email mike mizell Find more posts by mike mizell Add mike mizell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
james norman
UKC Forum Member

Just want these guys to know we appriciate what they have done and value there friendship.Elwood Rielly was almost 90 and would stay out all night.Said he could take us one at a time and hunt 3 of us to death.Would pace up and down the road and you better get there at least 1 hour before dark or get a good cussing and when my father in law was 75 most couldn`t` keep up with him in the woods.Going to go up and go with John Cole this fall have always had to work but I`m going while I can he has taught me alot over the years one of the very good ones.

Old Post 07-29-2014 11:11 PM
james norman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for james norman Click here to Send james norman a Private Message Click Here to Email james norman Find more posts by james norman Add james norman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Hazel
UKC Forum Member

Older Hunters

Not very long ago I talked to John McDonald. He still hunting.

John 3:16

Old Post 07-30-2014 02:29 AM
Gary Hazel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Hazel Click here to Send Gary Hazel a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Hazel Find more posts by Gary Hazel Add Gary Hazel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C.Nix
UKC Forum Member

James

Good talking to you today James enjoyed it.
Chuck Nix
205-799-8014

Old Post 07-30-2014 09:57 PM
C.Nix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C.Nix Click here to Send C.Nix a Private Message Click Here to Email C.Nix Find more posts by C.Nix Add C.Nix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
james norman
UKC Forum Member

WAS good talking old blood and good times with u Chuck fell free to call anytime.

Old Post 07-31-2014 12:36 AM
MUSKINGUM RIVER
UKC Forum Member

I wish Clyde Pearis was still here,he passed a couple years ago.We would sit and talk dogs for hours.He could tell you about any black dogs breeding. I had the pleasure of handling a dog he called KC @ Black and Tan days in 98 and won the registered. She was all coon dog wish I could find one like her again

Old Post 07-31-2014 07:51 PM
MUSKINGUM RIVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKINGUM RIVER Click here to Send MUSKINGUM RIVER a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKINGUM RIVER Find more posts by MUSKINGUM RIVER Add MUSKINGUM RIVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote