UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Slab Crappie - Mississippi Style
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BRANDON KING
UKC Forum Member

Please dont post any more pictures you are goin to cause me to quit working.LOL those are some SUPPER nice specks!!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2010 02:53 AM
BRANDON KING is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BRANDON KING Click here to Send BRANDON KING a Private Message Click Here to Email BRANDON KING Find more posts by BRANDON KING Add BRANDON KING to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

LOL, I hear ya.

We grow em' big down here... The lake I'm fishing is very well known for consistently having the biggest crappie in the country... and its only 20 minutes from my house. Gotta love it.

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Jeb
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Pearl
UKC NITECH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Independence
'PR' Southern Farms Bohannon

Gone But Not Forgotten:
UKC NITECH GRCH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Bocephus
GRNITECH 'PR' Lookin' Up Liberty

901-282-9262

Old Post 04-02-2010 04:15 AM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

collin's bait shop

said he wieghed 5 today that went 3.5lbs in the tourment at grenada

Old Post 04-02-2010 05:30 AM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Dang, 3.5 lbs is a huge crappie. I've never fished Grenada a lot. It has really started producing some good fish the past few years from what I hear. I've been fishing at Arkabutla. I have seen several legitimate 4 pounders get pulled out of it...

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 04-02-2010 05:57 AM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve roark
UKC Forum Member

Curious

shiners or jiggs, what color

Old Post 04-02-2010 03:35 PM
steve roark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve roark Click here to Send steve roark a Private Message Click Here to Email steve roark Find more posts by steve roark Add steve roark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

grenada

they are using jigs...chartruse and black

Old Post 04-02-2010 03:54 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

I'm going to MS!!!

Old Post 04-02-2010 03:58 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudcreek
UKC Forum Member

Man that's making me feel sick, like I need to leave work for the day! I bet I could feel better outside sitting on the bank of the lake.

Old Post 04-02-2010 04:44 PM
mudcreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mudcreek Click here to Send mudcreek a Private Message Visit mudcreek's homepage! Find more posts by mudcreek Add mudcreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

I've been using both, but jigs seem to work better than minnows. Black/chartreuse, brown/chartreuse, and brown/orange seem to be what they're hitting best.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 04-03-2010 01:50 PM
redpower
UKC Forum Member

Leaving tomorrow for a three day camp out looking for Mr. Paper Mouth. Jigging, minnows and yoyos. We have um here that big in south Arkansas just hope we can get in the middle of um.

Old Post 04-03-2010 02:32 PM
redpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redpower Click here to Send redpower a Private Message Click Here to Email redpower Find more posts by redpower Add redpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey
UKC Forum Member

We could not stand it any longer. Me, my 4 year old boy, and mother-n-law caught a good mess. My little buddy caught the biggest (little over 2lbs). Most fun I had fishing in a long time.

Old Post 04-08-2010 03:51 AM
Casey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Click here to Send Casey a Private Message Visit Casey's homepage! Find more posts by Casey Add Casey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

i'm moveing, it's been 20 yrs since i seen a stringer of crappies like that.. the only places around here that you can catch a bunch, have no size to them..

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 04-08-2010 04:01 AM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Thats a stringer of fish righ there!! I bet that was a blast, especially for your boy...

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 04-08-2010 05:50 AM
wvhoundsman
UKC Forum Member

NICE OL SLABS!!!!

Old Post 04-08-2010 08:00 PM
wvhoundsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvhoundsman Click here to Send wvhoundsman a Private Message Click Here to Email wvhoundsman Visit wvhoundsman's homepage! Find more posts by wvhoundsman Add wvhoundsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

After some online checking I find ...a 5 pound White Crappie was caught in a farm pond in Georgia. Documented I suppose. I caught a big one one time .. or so I thought at the time. It weighed 2 pounds. A five pounder would be one huge Crappie!

Old Post 04-11-2010 11:27 AM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Stevens
UKC Forum Member

MORE PICS GUYS I KNOW YOU ALL ARE STILL WEARIN EM OUT

Home#423-234-5113
Cell#423-329-5135

Old Post 04-11-2010 05:00 PM
Bobby Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Stevens Click here to Send Bobby Stevens a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Stevens Find more posts by Bobby Stevens Add Bobby Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey
UKC Forum Member

Its about that time again. Can't beat this weather. Think I'll give them a try this weekend.

Old Post 02-18-2011 03:37 AM
Casey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Click here to Send Casey a Private Message Visit Casey's homepage! Find more posts by Casey Add Casey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Yea, its about that time... I've actually done some good this winter. Catching crappie 2 ft. deep when it was 40 degrees.

Gone But Not Forgotten:

901-282-9262

Old Post 02-18-2011 06:44 AM
Indiana Blue
UKC Forum Member

Miss crappie

I will be catching some of those Miss crappie before long. I will be at Grenada Mar 27 for a week. Cant wait it will be fun to fish a new place and meet new people.

Old Post 02-18-2011 02:10 PM
Indiana Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Blue Click here to Send Indiana Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Indiana Blue Find more posts by Indiana Blue Add Indiana Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawwg
UKC Forum Member

......REALLY nice crappie, man!!!!.........WOW

Old Post 02-18-2011 03:30 PM
coon dawwg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawwg Click here to Send coon dawwg a Private Message Click Here to Email coon dawwg Find more posts by coon dawwg Add coon dawwg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Hey jr.

lets hook up and hunt some that week since Im only 30 min from grenada. I can house your hound for you. You bringin your boat?

Old Post 02-19-2011 03:19 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote