UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Opinions wanted
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BrandonZadina
UKC Forum Member

Opinions wanted

I was visiting with a friend of mine yesterday about a high dollar lab pup he purchased off a breeder, that advertises heavily about standing behind his pups for genetic or hunting faults. He gives all of his pup buyers a signed contract to cover the dog up to 26 months old. The dog is now 24 months old and a year ago came down with a genetic ligament disease, which isn't listed on the contract but is proven to be genetic. He pretty much told them to go pack sand after several phone calls and conversations. Just wondering what any of you would do. Education is paid daily I understand in the dog world, but just thought somebody may have dealt with something like this. Thanks in advance

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-25-2019 01:07 AM
BrandonZadina is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrandonZadina Click here to Send BrandonZadina a Private Message Click Here to Email BrandonZadina Find more posts by BrandonZadina Add BrandonZadina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Schofield
UKC Forum Member

The lab breeder here that I deal with stands behind their dogs with a 2 year health Guarantee that does not say anything about any Specific problems and they stand behind that 100%. I would think if they are in the business of breeding high dollar labs they should do the same

Last edited by Josh Schofield on 11-25-2019 at 01:32 PM

Old Post 11-25-2019 01:29 PM
Josh Schofield is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Schofield Click here to Send Josh Schofield a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Schofield Find more posts by Josh Schofield Add Josh Schofield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What does "high dollar" pup mean? How much does a "high dollar" pup cost? I would think that a "health guarantee" would be just that. But if you signed a contract that stated only certain issues and the pup didn't have one of them, you don't really have any recourse legally. You could however post your experience on social media dealing with Labs. You say that he "advertises heavily". You can advertise just as heavily about your experience. He might decide that it would be cheaper for him to give you another pup. But first you need to be absolutely certain that the pup actually has a problem that is hereditary.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-25-2019 at 02:56 PM

Old Post 11-25-2019 02:45 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

I agree 100 percent with your post, make sure that what this pup has is inherited and not an injury. Dave

Old Post 11-25-2019 04:25 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrandonZadina
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
What does "high dollar" pup mean? How much does a "high dollar" pup cost? I would think that a "health guarantee" would be just that. But if you signed a contract that stated only certain issues and the pup didn't have one of them, you don't really have any recourse legally. You could however post your experience on social media dealing with Labs. You say that he "advertises heavily". You can advertise just as heavily about your experience. He might decide that it would be cheaper for him to give you another pup. But first you need to be absolutely certain that the pup actually has a problem that is hereditary.

High dollar meaning $1000 at 8 weeks. It is not a injury, the genetic disease in question is named Heritable Cruciate Ligament Disease. They have done two surgeries at a little over $1000 a piece just to make her a comfortable pet. It is a shame there are crooks among us that seem trustworthy.

Old Post 11-25-2019 05:24 PM
BrandonZadina is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrandonZadina Click here to Send BrandonZadina a Private Message Click Here to Email BrandonZadina Find more posts by BrandonZadina Add BrandonZadina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrandonZadina
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

I do agree 100% on spreading the word and hopefully they will do just that.

Old Post 11-25-2019 05:29 PM