UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The Honorable Thing
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Steve Fielder
UKC Forum Member

The Honorable Thing

On Tuesday of next week I will board a plane in Tampa bound for Albuquerque, New Mexico to participate in what may well be the most important thing I've ever done to preserve, promote and protect the lifestyle of hunting with hounds that I have loved and been so active in from my earliest memory. It certainly will be the most honorable thing I've done in that regard.

Along with Houndsman XP Podcast team members Chris Powell and Lauren Vrany, I'll participate in a Freedom Hunter's Outdoor Adventure with Marine Tanner Babb of Evansville, Indiana on a mountain lion hunt guided by Rez Hounds outfitter Calvin Redhouse. We will be accompanied by Carnivore TV producer Gary Roberson as we hunt the mammoth Navajo Nation in northeast Arizona.

I'm a Vietnam-era Air Force veteran. Chris is a Marine who served in Operation Desert Storm. Calvin served ten years as a Marine that included five deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. It's safe to say we are a patriotic bunch. We understand that freedom isn't free. And, we understand that some gave some, as we did, and some gave all as did Tanner Babb's dad, a two-time Marine killed in Iraq after re-enlisting in the wake of 9-11.

We will be hunting with Tanner in memory of his dad. Between the Houndsman XP staff, the Freedom Hunters organization that has now taken more than 10,000 veterans or family members on adventures, Rez Hounds, Carnivore TV, Ruger Firearms, and several other sponsors we are able to take this young Marine and Gold Star family member on a hunt of his lifetime.

I am asking all my friends on Facebook and especially those in the hunting dog community to help us make this possible by going to the Freedom Hunter's website and making a contribution of any amount to say to Tanner and other patriots like him that you appreciate his, and their sacrifices. Please do what you can.

https://freedomhunters.org/houndsman-xp/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-11-2020 01:34 PM
Steve Fielder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Fielder Visit Steve Fielder's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Fielder Add Steve Fielder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote