UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New again!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Davidestep9024
UKC Forum Member

New again!!

I went into the marine corps and quit hunting in 2006. After seeing my old hunting partner had passed away two years ago, it sparked me to get back into it. I searched for over a year trying to get back to our bloodlines and just decided to pick a bloodline and find me a dog. I always liked a pretty silent hound so I did my homework and read a lot and figured a nice gyp from bone collector would suite me. I got in touch with a guy on here selling a female straight out of bone collector and took her on trial, to see how I like her. Man, the first track she struck, made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Made me realize, this is something I’ll always love. From 2006 to now, so much has changed it’s crazy. I can’t imagine, how much you fellers that’s been hunting for a very long time, has seen changed. Anyone else have good luck with the bone collector bloodline? Share your experiences and dogs if you want too.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-24-2020 07:31 AM
Davidestep9024 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Davidestep9024 Click here to Send Davidestep9024 a Private Message Click Here to Email Davidestep9024 Find more posts by Davidestep9024 Add Davidestep9024 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Lots of good Bonecollector dogs out there.

Old Post 01-24-2020 09:52 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Kirk NC
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for your service and welcome back!

National Hound And Tree Dog Association

Introductory Membership
http://nhtda.org/index.php/membership

Old Post 01-24-2020 01:04 PM
Jim Kirk NC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Kirk NC Click here to Send Jim Kirk NC a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Kirk NC Find more posts by Jim Kirk NC Add Jim Kirk NC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

David

Thank you for your service and I am glad you found a dog you like. Once you are a coon hunter it never goes away, it's always in your blood. Something about a hound treed that soothes a man's desires. May you have many good times in the woods. Dave

Old Post 01-24-2020 06:42 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Davidestep9024
UKC Forum Member

Thank you guys! I surely have missed it. The hard part now is hunting by myself and not having the old timers knowledge around anymore.

Old Post 01-25-2020 06:49 AM
Davidestep9024 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Davidestep9024 Click here to Send Davidestep9024 a Private Message Click Here to Email Davidestep9024 Find more posts by Davidestep9024 Add Davidestep9024 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote