UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Sportsmanship
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sundown Beagles
UKC Forum Member

Sportsmanship

This year's World Hunt was one of the best in terms of Sportsmanship for me. I was on casts and watched guys score others hounds because they knew they were the only ones deserving of score. This happened more than once with multiple people and multiple casts.
I believe it all started with Roy giving his speech about "making it about the dogs". (I know I Know complimenting Roy I Know LOL) But truly I believe it did set the stage and most listened. I think he had minimal questions which reflects his and Jeff Stacey's selection of judges. From the beginning to the Finals. Sportsmanship was VERY apparent. The final casts was two laid back guys just calling their hounds. The way it should be.
Again thanks to ALL who choose to "make it about the dogs" and the sportsmanship that followed. I heard more than once this weekend what good casts people were on.
HUGE Thank you to Killbuck Valley Sportsmans Club and their staff, from John Hembree to the cooks great job! UKC as always did their thing and it was great to meet Hannah, Roy you definitely bring something to a hunt! (don't kid yourself I'm talking about your wife. LOL!!!) Seriously you knocked it outta the park brother. It takes so much work to pull a hunt like this off. Awesome job by all involved!!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-06-2015 01:34 PM
Sundown Beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sundown Beagles Click here to Send Sundown Beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email Sundown Beagles Find more posts by Sundown Beagles Add Sundown Beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Collins
UKC Forum Member

Agree 100% Dave. I was in some of the best cast with great sportsmenship. It was awesome

Because its in our nature"

Old Post 10-06-2015 04:36 PM
Brian Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Collins Click here to Send Brian Collins a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Collins Add Brian Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roy swafford
UKC Forum Member

Well it pains me to say this but I agree with "Sun Up" lol. Dave you are right on target with this years world. The story lines were endless with some really making you see this one great sport. Congrats to Willis, Dave and Mark for winning with very deserving hound and winning against a very nice hound in Dixie, she made it interesting at the end proving it isn't over till its over.Congrats Mary Grayson, Calvin and Robyn Mings I know Anthony would have been the first to shake Dave and Mark's hand on that win. All trials are only as good as we make them and this event truly set the bar in the Sportsmanship category. The Hunting Beagle program had a very good weekend due to the participants and all involved chose to make it about finding the best dog.

Just wish I would have got a selfie with Half Way Lol

Old Post 10-06-2015 09:35 PM
roy swafford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roy swafford Click here to Send roy swafford a Private Message Click Here to Email roy swafford Find more posts by roy swafford Add roy swafford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Halfway2
UKC Forum Member

I'm on my way to Michigan now to make that happen!! Lol

Old Post 10-06-2015 10:02 PM
Halfway2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Halfway2 Click here to Send Halfway2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Halfway2 Find more posts by Halfway2 Add Halfway2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BDB
UKC Forum Member

Roy. What I think Joe is tryin to say is. He was heading to Michigan but. only made it. Half-way.
Congrads. To. All.

Last edited by BDB on 10-07-2015 at 03:41 AM

Old Post 10-06-2015 11:25 PM
BDB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BDB Click here to Send BDB a Private Message Click Here to Email BDB Find more posts by BDB Add BDB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOHBC
UKC Forum Member

I wish other organizations in the Ukc were about finding the best dog and not judging by whose holding the leash.

Congrats, the more I read these posts the more I want to get involved in them.

Hair or Hole Beagle Club

Old Post 10-07-2015 02:27 AM
HOHBC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOHBC Click here to Send HOHBC a Private Message Click Here to Email HOHBC Find more posts by HOHBC Add HOHBC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fred Hwkins
UKC Forum Member

Ditto Dave McVay

Must agree with Dave, sportsmanship very very awesome on all 4 casts I was a part of. I too want to thank John Hebrew n the Killbuck Sportsman club staff, thx to all involved from UKC, Purinia, the Vendors n surrounding clubs and Holmes Conservation Club for the Rib Eye, Bake Potato n Bean dinner.

Jerimiah 17:7 - Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD whose confidence is in Him.

Happy Beagling and God Bless from,
Dusty Road Beagles

Old Post 10-09-2015 04:08 AM
Fred Hwkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fred Hwkins Click here to Send Fred Hwkins a Private Message Find more posts by Fred Hwkins Add Fred Hwkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote