UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Allen ?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Allen ?

In theory sombody says they got some seman out of ole world champion jabber jaws they have had for years if they don't put the pups in any programs like the PP they can keep pumping out pups out of ole jabber jaws unchecked right without being DNA I know when we were studding a certain dog 2 were already a Grntch off the same litter were supposedly off anouther stud and when DNA came back they were out of our dog are there random DNA test when a dog has been dead 25 yrs plus and keeps cranking out pups?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-17-2017 01:57 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If the DNA of the sire is not done then you can't tell who the pups are out of. So if the DNA of the sire of the stud that the frozen semen is from was not profiled then you don't really know who the frozen semen was from. You have to have a reference point to start from. With the DNA bank, going forward it is possible to tell who a pup's sure is. But going backwards is next to impossible.
In other words, you can tell if a pup is out of the frozen semen but you can't tell who the frozen semen is out of.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 08-17-2017 at 02:15 PM

Old Post 08-17-2017 02:05 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

I'm surprised that UKC hasn't required "frozen semen" be "DNA"
certified as belonging to said sire's when a litter is produced useing frozen .

Old Post 08-17-2017 02:50 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

What Richard said.

If that old World Champion was DNA'd then those semen pups could be checked against the DNA of Champ and it would verify if the semen is what it's supposed to be. Most of the world champs of the modern era are DNA'd. Not sure how far back you're going with this one.

Old Post 08-17-2017 02:51 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Every 5 yrs like majic they keep finding some more to appeal to a new customer base after a dog has sired 6000 pups my nose smells somthing fishey rattler had the same rumor but only had a 1000 pups I can swallow that a little easyer plus I seen him get bred with my own eyes. Also would a littermate brouther DNA the same.

Old Post 08-17-2017 02:58 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness.... another conspiracy theory.

Old Post 08-17-2017 03:08 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness.... another conspiracy theory.

And a quite lucrative one I might add but the longer it goes the less hardware I see them haul home least the ones out of rattler are titled before they go to breeding them just sayen.

Old Post 08-17-2017 03:19 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
.... the longer it goes the less hardware I see them haul home least the ones out of rattler......

I wonder how much hardware those old dogs would be able to haul home against the high powered dogs of today?

Old Post 08-17-2017 03:48 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Richard that's a trick question and you know it lol. The reason dogs have changed is because of the elimation style hunts and shorter hunting periods they don't have to do as much to win they just got to do stuff to keep the other dogs from beating them ( keeping you on the leash as much as possible) back in the day if a dog made a habit of being a mile deep with a coon every drop and seen coons setting up behind him he was a gonner. These dogs of today with no leash lock would be culled after hunting with the back in the day dogs they would be so embarrassed !!

Old Post 08-17-2017 04:00 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Did they not have the leash lock rule back then? Didn't they change the rule to say that all dogs must be treed before you are leashlocked? I don't understand the problem?

Old Post 08-17-2017 04:16 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Also would a littermate brouther DNA the same.

Can't speak for brothers, but litter mate sisters didn't match up even.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 08-17-2017 04:24 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Every 5 yrs like majic they keep finding some more to appeal to a new customer base after a dog has sired 6000 pups my nose smells somthing fishey rattler had the same rumor but only had a 1000 pups I can swallow that a little easyer plus I seen him get bred with my own eyes. Also would a littermate brouther DNA the same.

Wow

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 08-17-2017 04:32 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Man this is great stuff don't let up now.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 08-17-2017 04:47 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Richard watch the play by plays dogs A,B,C,D struck off the snap tracks breaking down dogs are deep 4 different directions get treed who ever has more strike points maybe a coon maybe not wins lol. Unacceptable back in the day dogs competed against each other not the clock but you know that right lol. Dogs got the same dog in its pedigree 20 times several of those times might of been anouther dog just sayen 6000 pups must have had a milking machine hooked up to him poor thing.

Old Post 08-17-2017 05:17 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Each collection can produce a bunch of straws. Each straw can produce a litter of pups. That is one of the advantages of using frozen semen. How much experience have you had with frozen semen? Are you only looking at the 6,000 pup figure and thinking,"that can't be true".

Old Post 08-17-2017 05:29 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Was rattler dna'd ?

Old Post 08-17-2017 05:35 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Depends on how many years that dogs been dead and back when it was drawn was our collection and storage methods as good as they are now 30 yrs ago I was fertile as a turtle too but I don't think I could muster up 6000 kids you got to sleep somtime.

There is a rest of the story you get 10 yrs down the road you still keep seeing them coming up with seman tar ain't tupid and I don't like the fact it it is flaunted like people don't know the difference.

Old Post 08-17-2017 05:42 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Was rattler dna'd ?

When the Odessey man bought the seman there was a vile of blood went with it far as any hanky panky I don't know of any rattler was hard to breed it took two people I was one of them some of the time. He didn't have enough pups only a 1000 in 13 yrs.

Old Post 08-17-2017 05:47 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Is that a yes lol ? The papers on the pups born after he was DNA profiled would say if he was or not wouldn't they. Do they ?

Old Post 08-17-2017 05:57 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

You would have to ask the Odessey man I don't know I haven't had one in years I don't even know if they was DNA back then hearin leis our problem I just question sombody having that much for sight to put up an endless supply of seman up on one dog everybody says there ain't no more then yippee about every 5 years they dig some up its a miracle then you don't here about no titles won not chit then here we go again.

Somthing ain't right !!!

Old Post 08-17-2017 06:08 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Really who knows? You can guess, listen to rumors and all of the rest of the BS all you want and the end of the day that's all it is. Are all of them his? Maybe or maybe not. I have heard rumors like that about every heavy bred stud that's ever lived, But your right it starts to get fishy after a while. It happens with live studs. Some accidents some who knows? Homer wasn't out of who they thought he was at first, some of Wild Casey's pups turned out to be wild cards. I seen with my own two eyes when I was a teen hundreds of dogs papers swapped by all the old dog traders that used to be around. The chances of a dogs ped being correct for several generations probably is not as great as most people think.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-17-2017 06:18 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Joey you are 110% right my point is we pay for somthing top dollar and have to have it DNA to be in the programs and a mans gut feeling tells him without the rumors that the whole system can be manipulated by people to make a $$$$ are we buying real expensive Nikie shoes or cheap nock offs that never measure up on sombody else's word I am just not seeing the proof that it is worth what people are paying most are to inexperienced to know the difference till their money is gone and nothing to show for it I was right here in the middle of the all grand thing it never lived up to all the hype either but they could pace, bark, and smear dookie good.

Old Post 08-17-2017 06:35 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
You would have to ask the Odessey man I don't know I haven't had one in years I don't even know if they was DNA back then hearin leis our problem I just question sombody having that much for sight to put up an endless supply of seman up on one dog everybody says there ain't no more then yippee about every 5 years they dig some up its a miracle then you don't here about no titles won not chit then here we go again.

Somthing ain't right !!!

There is a 2 year old in Tennessee out of the semen cross you are trying not to question, he is a Dual Gn, you will hear more about him along with a few more from that cross, he is DNA through both registries UKC/PKC just like the rest of the litter! According to the DNA on file Dual Gn Houses Lipper is the sire! It is the same profile All his pups mach. I don't know if there is anymore semen or not, i had 3 straws and sold it about 8 years ago and far as I know he is still sitting on it.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 08-17-2017 06:45 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

How did you like my free advertisement Tim I am good at it huh lol.

Old Post 08-17-2017 07:05 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
How did you like my free advertisement Tim I am good at it huh lol.

Not really but i do enjoy agreeing or disagreeing with you, never know we both may learn something new if we look at it with and open mind because you are already 2 years behind on this cross.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 08-17-2017 07:27 PM