UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin updates
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Garmin updates

How important is it to keep my Garmin equipment updated. Meaning, seems like every few weeks there's an update for the Alpha, 320, collars, Drivetrac and the fenix 3 watch. All equipment is operating just fine. Just curious if its really necessary all the time.

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)
PCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Holly NBPPA'S 1st Total Dog Winner 2011
GRPCH Jollife's Valleyveiw Cally (Pumpkin) 2011 WV High Point PP Hound
HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget 2011 WV PP State Run-off Winner
NTCH CH Bone's Relic Hunter (Moose)
Bone's Smooth Southern Shine [Stolen}

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2017 01:06 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Steve if things are working well then I may suggest you just leave well enough alone. Garmin came out with several updates lately and there were bugs in a few of them. I recommend that most of the time you let the updates be out for a week or two and see how they are working. In most cases the updates allow new equipment to be compatible with older equipment and to many that is important. Like one of the new updates just out allowed the 430 to pair with the alpha. If you don't have a 430 and your buddies don't then that upgrade does nothing for you. The Drive Track has several updates to make it more compatible with the Handhelds and they are working hard to get it as compatible as possible so you will see updates for that pretty regular.
Again if what you have works then I would suggest leaving well enough alone. If you want a feature the upgrade brings you, then I suggest you wait a week or two and see just how well it works on others systems and then download it.
Hope this helps and if your at AO look me up.

Old Post 08-18-2017 01:22 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce.

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)
PCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Holly NBPPA'S 1st Total Dog Winner 2011
GRPCH Jollife's Valleyveiw Cally (Pumpkin) 2011 WV High Point PP Hound
HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget 2011 WV PP State Run-off Winner
NTCH CH Bone's Relic Hunter (Moose)
Bone's Smooth Southern Shine [Stolen}

Old Post 08-18-2017 03:24 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matt Roberts
UKC Forum Member

Garmin Updates

I just updated my Alpha last week and now it is a pain in the tail to get calibrated. It takes 5-6 times before it will complete successfully where as it was going through on the first try.

Old Post 08-18-2017 04:02 PM
Matt Roberts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Roberts Click here to Send Matt Roberts a Private Message Find more posts by Matt Roberts Add Matt Roberts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote