UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Light Suggestions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Creason
UKC Forum Member

Light Suggestions

I am sure this has been discussed before, but since I didn't see it, I need to ask for some help. Been out of it awhile and technology has changed, I have gotten older and eyesight has gotten worse, what light would you recommend. Thank you for your recommendation's.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-16-2017 03:19 AM
Creason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Creason Click here to Send Creason a Private Message Find more posts by Creason Add Creason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Lots of great ones out there, get with your friend's and look at a few different ones they have and decide from there. Lots of honest opinions on here but also a lot of people that are given lights to promote them.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-16-2017 03:53 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matt Bryan
UKC Forum Member

I bought the sunspot before spring and have used it alot this summer. Best light I've had so far. Mine has the green,red leds built into the head and haven't had any trouble what so ever with the light. Went from the battery pack with a 5100 head and its a world of difference.

Old Post 08-16-2017 05:05 AM
Matt Bryan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Bryan Click here to Send Matt Bryan a Private Message Click Here to Email Matt Bryan Find more posts by Matt Bryan Add Matt Bryan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lights.....

If you have been away from Hunting & not up to date on these LED Lights......You are in for a Surprise....LOL
We have so many options now when choosing a Light.
The one thing you have to watch for is when you buy a New Light, you may get the latest version of that particular Light, but within a few months they will have a New Updated Version......But hey, that's probably a good thing, I guess....LOL.

It depends on if you want a Beltlight, A Caplight or a Boxlight . If you want one with an Outstanding Walklight or just a Good Walklight. If you want Color and which Color. If you get a Caplight, do you want a Bump Cap or Soft Cap......You have Many options.

I have Owned or Seen in Use just about Every Light available these days.....
As far as Brightness, Dependability and Comfort it doesn't get any better than the Superior Bushwhacker or the Bright Eyes Reaper. I haven't seen a Better Light than these 2.

Good luck with your Choice, and try to go to Autumn Oaks & try some on. Don't buy the first one you see, because you will see another that you like better....LOL
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 08-16-2017 12:08 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

Right now I'm using a Sunspot Fire. No issues with it and really like

I've had 3 different models of the Sunspot no issues with any of them

I've also had 3 lights made by Superior lights. Good quality light too

Last edited by Smoke on 08-16-2017 at 11:54 PM

Old Post 08-16-2017 11:22 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I'll gladly promote a light brand if somebody wants to send me one. Might as well throw in a squaller to boot lol.

Old Post 08-16-2017 11:29 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cry Tough Blues
UKC Forum Member

Pick the one that fits your budget. Lots of great lights out there. I personally use a Boss. Main reason is Bruce Conkey is not that far from me, him and Corey will bend over backwards to help you (even after hours), and he's a big supporter of dog hunting. I finally got see one of Mike Rosamond's lights lights (sunspot) awhile back and it was fantastic also. Figure out what you can spend and enjoy

Old Post 08-17-2017 12:25 AM
Cry Tough Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cry Tough Blues Click here to Send Cry Tough Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Cry Tough Blues Add Cry Tough Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mem
UKC Forum Member

Sunspot

Hard to beat. And the service is second to none. Had mine for 3 years and a led went out. Sent to Mike . He received it on a monday, I he fixed it and had it sitting in my mailbox the same friday. Oh and by the way he didn't charge a dime to fix it. I don't see how you can bet that.

Old Post 08-17-2017 05:37 PM
mem is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mem Click here to Send mem a Private Message Find more posts by mem Add mem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

As we get older we need more light at our feet, I have the bright eyes reaper and from experience I can tell you it has the best walking light, bar none. Spot is as good as any other light also.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 08-18-2017 01:42 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Creason
UKC Forum Member

Thank you

I appreciate y'alls time and input, a lot of choices. Is there a certain number of lumens to look for with an LED light?

Old Post 08-18-2017 07:17 PM
Creason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Creason Click here to Send Creason a Private Message Find more posts by Creason Add Creason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

I wouldn't worry much about lumens or lux. All the higher end lights made in the last 4-5 years are plenty bright and the ones made in the last 2 years are as bright as I would ever need. Make sure what you get has a good low light or some kind of color. Red is my choice.

Just my opinion after having lights from Boss Sunspot Bright eyes and Superior

I ordered a Big Dog Alpha Elite with color the other day. I'll let you know how it is when I get it

Old Post 08-18-2017 09:53 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

I was the same as you. I was out of hunting for 19 years. Got me a sunfire and you can't go wrong with it. Plenty brightness, hunt 3 nights hard before charging, nice colors for shining in the summer, nice walking beam, and life time warranty. Best of all good people to deal with. Like mentioned already new lights out every month, but I'm a loyal sunfire man now after buying my 1st 1

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 08-18-2017 10:45 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

I've owned about every light on the market and I'm here to tell u the big dawg alpha is about as good as it gets!!

Old Post 08-21-2017 06:01 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lights....

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
I've owned about every light on the market and I'm here to tell u the big dawg alpha is about as good as it gets!!

Give us some info on why you think the Big Dog is the Best.....
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 08-21-2017 12:10 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog2345
UKC Forum Member

Sun spot

I went from a boss to the sunspot Michael took off the red and added a amber walk light on mine I rarely have to use anything other than walk light to shine tree with even in these mountain summers walk light alone does great job.light is best balanced light and on high side is brighter than any I have had.sunspot so far best light I've had actually drew a man fri night had his for 2 years with nonproblems . And with price and warranty how could you go wrong. I've hunted with bright eyes boss dakota k lights and everything else coming and going sunspot is as bright or brighter than all the rest and seems like the bright eyes my buddies have are 1 or 2 year old now and all of them messing up now I say go sunspot no I don't have a sponsor lol but I don't care to help push something that does what I'm told it will do 100 percent satisfied with mine .

Old Post 08-21-2017 02:32 PM
treedog2345 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog2345 Click here to Send treedog2345 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog2345 Add treedog2345 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snaggles
UKC Forum Member

savage by nite time Excellent light bright bright bright. grate walk light I shine a lot of trees with the walk light its so grate as well as a super red with the flip of a switch. An james is outstanding to deal with

Old Post 08-21-2017 04:20 PM
snaggles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snaggles Click here to Send snaggles a Private Message Click Here to Email snaggles Find more posts by snaggles Add snaggles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roughcreekhound
UKC Forum Member

Boss lights

Purchased the boss cap light last year. Have found more coon with it than any other light I've owned ! Just my opinion . Probably other great lights out there that's the one I bought and really like it!

Old Post 08-21-2017 05:20 PM
roughcreekhound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roughcreekhound Click here to Send roughcreekhound a Private Message Click Here to Email roughcreekhound Find more posts by roughcreekhound Add roughcreekhound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

Got my Big Dog light today. Looks like a well put together light. Will try it out tonight

Old Post 08-21-2017 06:56 PM
Creason
UKC Forum Member

Digging

Now it comes down to best bang for the buck, quality, warranty, price, etc.

Old Post 08-21-2017 11:47 PM
RMorris
UKC Forum Member

Superior Bushwacker.

Old Post 08-22-2017 12:12 AM
RMorris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RMorris Click here to Send RMorris a Private Message Find more posts by RMorris Add RMorris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Bushwhacker ......

quote:
Originally posted by RMorris
Superior Bushwacker.

Darn Good Choice......One of the Best made & Hard to Beat....!!!
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 08-22-2017 02:41 AM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lights....

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
Give us some info on why you think the Big Dog is the Best.....
Tim

Light weight, very well balanced from battery to the head, a walking light that floods out and bright enough​ to shine trees, the color spot is just right in my opinion, and the main beam isn't too tight or too big just right. Only light I've seen brighter is the apex but I myself ain't scared of the dark so brightness ain't my main thing I look for in a light. Not to mention matt Williams is a stand up guy that stands behind his product to the fullest. If u ain't tried one I'd suggest you do. Now lights our about like dog food so this is just my opinion I love mine and that's what I wear you might like a nite lite that's up to you and what u like.

Old Post 08-22-2017 07:55 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Spurr
UKC Forum Member

I have a superior outsider and love it and my buddies just got the superior mini bushwacker and those are impressive for the price too !!!

Stylish Shaker 2018 fall baby stakes 2nd place

Stylish Lacy

Old Post 08-22-2017 02:44 PM
Jason Spurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Spurr Click here to Send Jason Spurr a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Spurr Find more posts by Jason Spurr Add Jason Spurr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Creason
UKC Forum Member

Thanks again

Thanks again, I am looking into all of the suggestions.

Old Post 08-23-2017 08:23 PM
snaggles
UKC Forum Member

nite time has a very grate warranty on all their lights give james a call for all details

Old Post 08-23-2017 11:35 PM
snaggles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snaggles Click here to Send snaggles a Private Message Click Here to Email snaggles Find more posts by snaggles Add snaggles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote