UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Progesterone Test
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

Progesterone Test

Just curious about these progesterone numbers. Had 2 tests done at day 5 and 11 of heat cycle in preparation for a.i. Both tests were .3 ng/ml. Can she skyrocket up pretty fast?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-25-2021 01:21 AM
Black And Tan Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black And Tan Man Click here to Send Black And Tan Man a Private Message Click Here to Email Black And Tan Man Find more posts by Black And Tan Man Add Black And Tan Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gunnerwb
UKC Forum Member

Test

My 6 yr old female tested at 3 on day 11 we live bread her anyway She had 13.pups

Old Post 03-25-2021 05:01 AM
Gunnerwb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gunnerwb Click here to Send Gunnerwb a Private Message Find more posts by Gunnerwb Add Gunnerwb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Edinger
UKC Forum Member

Yes, her numbers will go up quickly when she is ready.

Old Post 03-25-2021 05:20 PM
Richard Edinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Edinger Click here to Send Richard Edinger a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Edinger Find more posts by Richard Edinger Add Richard Edinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Not all females ovulate the same time / days and yes she could very easily spike on you UNLESS there is something wrong with her ??
A good example for comparison>Just because a buddys female dynamite day of ovulation to ai her was on day # 13 dont mean yours is gonna be ready on 13 or even 14 or 15 or even 16 . Ive implanted as late as day #21 and as early as 13.
ive even had one mine go up in pg and then go backwards and then comes the Spike two days later !!! Thats kind of uncommon but it does and can happen . Some females move slow and some move fast . They are " female" so anything is possible LOL
If your vet has the right equipment and knows what their doing you'll be money ahead to do what they say and breed when they say to esp if you are using your last straw of frozen or whatever the circumstance is and how much semen you have available to use or cost of it ( value) .
I can tell you this that until she hits a 5.0 or greater i wouldnt be too concerned just yet and your vet probably isnt either as this is ballpark range of the beginnings of ovulation.
Also, it depends on what kind of ai you are doing and if you are using fresh, chilled or frozen semen and how many times you plan to breed her . I trust my vet here 100% and if im using say frozen semen and just plan to breed one time and lets say doing surgical i tell my vet im breeding only once so lets hit the "golden window" of Ovulation to implant . and that range is typically 18.0 - 22.0

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 03-25-2021 06:28 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

Brett (Toad Hill) reckon Im gonna have to move my semen out to Mo and come see you when one of mine come's in heat!

I swear all these other "AI" vets I have talked to in the last year or so either dont know what the h_ll they're talking about or dont care much about customer service....................... how did Dean Bitzel make it so easy and so reasonably priced!!??

Old Post 03-26-2021 03:00 PM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by B McDaniel
Brett (Toad Hill) reckon Im gonna have to move my semen out to Mo and come see you when one of mine come's in heat!

I swear all these other "AI" vets I have talked to in the last year or so either dont know what the h_ll they're talking about or dont care much about customer service....................... how did Dean Bitzel make it so easy and so reasonably priced!!??

Come on up bud I promise you wont be sorry . Strafford is know for their REPRODUCTION SERVICES as its their main practice. I have been VERY successful because of them . I have definitely learned a TON from them over the years and fully TRUST their judgement on "timing" and when doing any procedure as well as semen collection. There is really no telling how many females (all breeds) they do artificial breedings on in a calendar year.
But to answer your question, in my opinion I believe its because some vets like mine here and like Dean actually specialize in REPRODUCTIVE Services. Most vets now would rather you bring in ol fluffy for a check up and sell an over priced heartworm ( ivomec) chew and other junk and also spay and neuter ALL your dogs rather than reproduce more!!!!

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 03-26-2021 05:46 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lonesomedog1
UKC Forum Member

I hear yeah Brad. I dealt with a young vet the last 30 days. Long store short i drove to Michigan and bred her to a male dog Jerald Keegan has. Dean definitely made it easy.

Old Post 03-26-2021 10:38 PM
lonesomedog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lonesomedog1 Click here to Send lonesomedog1 a Private Message Find more posts by lonesomedog1 Add lonesomedog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote