UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Nite Hunts
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tillery
UKC Forum Member

Nite Hunts

I frequently participate in UKC nite hunts and have read the rule book quite a few times. I understand that not every situation or set of circumstances is, nor can it be, completely covered by the written set of "black and white" rules. These potential "gray areas" are where we are urged to use common sense and/or judges discretion.

My question is this: Of the rules that apply to situations that ARE CLEARLY defined, how do you decide or choose which rules to strictly enforce and which to be lenient with?

Last edited by Tillery on 10-22-2021 at 04:06 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-22-2021 04:01 PM
Tillery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tillery Click here to Send Tillery a Private Message Click Here to Email Tillery Find more posts by Tillery Add Tillery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tug18
UKC Forum Member

I enforce every one of them the same and expect the same in return. Of course, I'm always called a ass cause guys dont like following everything correctly

Old Post 10-22-2021 06:33 PM
Tug18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tug18 Click here to Send Tug18 a Private Message Find more posts by Tug18 Add Tug18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tillery
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tug18
I enforce every one of them the same and expect the same in return. Of course, I'm always called a ass cause guys dont like following everything correctly

Two of the rules I often see completely ignored are:

6. SCRATCHING OFFENSES

Handler Related Offense:
(o) For searching tree before the start of shining time.

And:

9. JUDGES

(d) Judge will be first to arrive at tree.

Tug18 do you strictly enforce these two as well? How many guys have you scratched for shining the tree before shine time?

I see this on nearly every cast, someone shining the tree as the cast approaches the tree or either they shine looking for a good place to see the tree before starting shine time.

Old Post 10-25-2021 06:33 PM
Tillery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tillery Click here to Send Tillery a Private Message Click Here to Email Tillery Find more posts by Tillery Add Tillery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tug18

You are my kind of judge, every judge should enforce ALL RULES, this is not only important for your cast, but for ALL CASTS. It's really sucks when one cast lets something wrong go unpunished and another cast has the same RULE enforced. RULES are and should be equally enforced in ALL CASTS to ensure fairness for EVERYONE. It's not just your cast but everyone's cast that's important. Dave P.S. DONT HATE THE JUDGE, HATE THE RULE.

Last edited by Dave Richards on 10-25-2021 at 11:30 PM

Old Post 10-25-2021 11:26 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kybufford
UKC Forum Member

In a cast one night, they all voted to let a dog slide on a slick at the end of the hunt and circled it because he was the only dog that treed a coon. All the other trees that night were legit dens. The cast didn't want to turn in a dead cast score card and voted to let the best dog win by circling his slick tree.

Is it bad to bend the rules that way, or if it benefits the dogs is it ok???

What if the whole cast agrees??? It wasn't the judges idea, the guy was actually losing that came up with the idea , the whole cast voted yes.

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Old Post 10-26-2021 07:02 PM
kybufford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kybufford Click here to Send kybufford a Private Message Click Here to Email kybufford Find more posts by kybufford Add kybufford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

You already know the answer to your question. At least I hope you do.

Old Post 10-26-2021 07:30 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kybufford
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
You already know the answer to your question. At least I hope you do.

Its slippery slope to start down that's for sure.

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Old Post 10-26-2021 08:39 PM
kybufford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kybufford Click here to Send kybufford a Private Message Click Here to Email kybufford Find more posts by kybufford Add kybufford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by kybufford
In a cast one night, they all voted to let a dog slide on a slick at the end of the hunt and circled it because he was the only dog that treed a coon. All the other trees that night were legit dens. The cast didn't want to turn in a dead cast score card and voted to let the best dog win by circling his slick tree.

Is it bad to bend the rules that way, or if it benefits the dogs is it ok???

What if the whole cast agrees??? It wasn't the judges idea, the guy was actually losing that came up with the idea , the whole cast voted yes.

Heck no it's not okay to bend the RULES, the Cast has no right to change or ignore any RULE. It's just not your Cast that's hunting, it's every Cast and ALL CASTS deserve to be judged fairly and ALL RULES applied to ALL DOGS. No cast has the right to amend or ignore any RULE to benefit any dog. Dave

Old Post 10-26-2021 10:22 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluetickman94
UKC Forum Member

Rules shouldn't be bent at all but unfortunately it happens alot ..

Old Post 11-01-2021 05:09 PM
Bluetickman94 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluetickman94 Click here to Send Bluetickman94 a Private Message Click Here to Email Bluetickman94 Find more posts by Bluetickman94 Add Bluetickman94 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote