UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Best oral flea and tick med
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ahallada
UKC Forum Member

Re: simparica

quote:
Originally posted by carpenter
are simparica pills scored to be cut in two pieces

No but they are easy to break in half if needed.

Current:

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Cat Scratch Fever
(Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Aftershock x Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Breanna)
2016 Finished to PKC Ch. in one week!

Dual Grand Champion CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Glissens JJ Jr. x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Billy Jean)
4 Generations of All Grand Nite Champions!
Timber Jack 3X and Timber Chopper over 30X
2019 Southern National Redbone Days Champion
2016 National Grand Nite Champion Redbone
2016 CHKC Redbone Days Champion
2016 PKC Super Stakes Reserve Champion
2016 CHKC Elite Shootout Winner - Texas
CHKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

Bodacious
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch.PKC. Gold Ch.CHKC CH. Outlaw G-Man x Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. Classy Cali)

Past:
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. Dawns Timber Jack
1988 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner
1989 UKC World Champion Redbone
1989 Purina Outstanding Redbone Coonhound
#2 Historic Redbone Sire/ Top 20 All Breeds
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc. Hall of Fame

Gr.Nt.Ch. Bussrow Bottom Brandy II
1991 American Redbone Days Champion
1992 AKC World Champion Redbone
1992 ACHA World Champion Redbone
1992 Wisconsin State Champion
1994 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex
Produced 2 Nt. Ch. , 1 Gr.Nt.Ch. out of 2 litters and two Redbone Days Winners

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. PKC Gold Ch. Layton's Classy Cali
2012 UKC World Champion Redbone and 7th Place Overall
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 UKC World Champion Redbone Female
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - Goodsprings, AL
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Series Race - 3rd Place Overall
2016 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - New Albany, MS
2016 PKC Texas State Race Winner
2016 PKC Redbone Breed Race Winner
PKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Coffman's Smokin Red Buck
2016 UKC World Hunt 5th Place and World Champion Redbone
2016 National Redbone Days Overall Winner

Gr.Nt.Ch. Reinhart's Central Page
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Brandy II)

Gr.Nt.Ch. Too the Maxx
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Jenkins Crying Katie)
1992 National Redbone Days Champion

Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Ambraw River Rock
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Hersh's Huntin Red Kate)
1992 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex

Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle
1986 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner

Nt.Ch. Timber Mace
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack X Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle)
Mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. Babb's Hazel

Nt. Ch. Timber Shock
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Jessie)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Squaw Mountain Goldie
(Direct Daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch.Smokey Mountain Brandy)
1990 Autumn Oaks Best of Show Winner
1988 Indiana State Champion

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-01-2018 12:23 AM
ahallada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahallada Click here to Send ahallada a Private Message Click Here to Email ahallada Find more posts by ahallada Add ahallada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carpenter
UKC Forum Member

thank you

Old Post 06-01-2018 01:01 AM
carpenter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carpenter Click here to Send carpenter a Private Message Find more posts by carpenter Add carpenter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Miller
UKC Forum Member

Doc

Thank you Doc!

Old Post 06-01-2018 03:57 PM
Paul Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Miller Click here to Send Paul Miller a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Miller Find more posts by Paul Miller Add Paul Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carpenter
UKC Forum Member

simparica

is the medicine evenly spread in pill to cut into and treat two dogs

Old Post 06-01-2018 07:10 PM
carpenter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carpenter Click here to Send carpenter a Private Message Find more posts by carpenter Add carpenter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Surveyor
I don't know what everybody's success with bravecto is, but I give it once in the spring, when I first start seeing ticks. Though it's only rated for 3 months, I have never given my dogs a second treatment in a year and never seen a flea or tick on any of them after 1 treatment in the spring!
and when your dog falls over dead dont be shocked . google does bravetco kill dogs .

Old Post 06-02-2018 03:37 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pascpaua
UKC Forum Member

What’s the best way to mix 10% permethrin for preventive before hunting

Old Post 08-21-2019 04:01 AM
Pascpaua is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pascpaua Click here to Send Pascpaua a Private Message Click Here to Email Pascpaua Find more posts by Pascpaua Add Pascpaua to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovis Burns
UKC Forum Member

One of the best for the dogs and the yard is Tiger Brand Permethrin 13%. Fleas will run off your dogs once they are sprayed and they die within seconds.

Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

GRNITECH CH PKC CH ‘PR’ Midnight Thunder Black Steel - (Ch GrNiteCh'PR' Northern Lights Doc x NITECH 'PR' Blues Band Gypsy Woman) - $630.66 PKC

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Midnight Thunder Final Destiny - (GrNiteCh 'PR' First Class Super Stud x GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Midnight Thunder Black Desire) - - PKC $54.00

Up and Coming

Like us on Facebook
Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

Lovis Burns
910-874-4650

Use and Recommend
Bright Eyes Lights
Inukshuk Dog Food

Old Post 08-21-2019 12:27 PM
Lovis Burns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovis Burns Click here to Send Lovis Burns a Private Message Click Here to Email Lovis Burns Visit Lovis Burns's homepage! Find more posts by Lovis Burns Add Lovis Burns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Hi doc, my wife raises pomeranians. They don't get over 8 lbs. This breed is real fussy when it comes to vaccines and parasite preventive. Any recommendations for fleas n ticks?

Old Post 08-21-2019 06:14 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

Re: simparica

quote:
Originally posted by carpenter
is the medicine evenly spread in pill to cut into and treat two dogs

I was told by a vet if there not scored they are not supposed to be cut in half. idk if that’s true but I’m not taking the chance, it’s not worth it to me!

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Old Post 08-21-2019 07:04 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: simparica

quote:
Originally posted by Heikki
I was told by a vet if there not scored they are not supposed to be cut in half. idk if that’s true but I’m not taking the chance, it’s not worth it to me!

Been cutting Nexgard chews for years, and did the Comfortis flea long before they came out with pills that treated tick too. We use Nexgard once a month for the reason Doc mentioned that Simplica wasn't good for the Lone Star tick for the entire 3 months but when I asked about the safety of giving it sooner it is not recommended so I'll just stick to the once a month Nexgard. A friend of mine does a bulk order a couple of times a year and we get them from overseas for right at $10 a chew that treat dogs up to 120lbs.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-21-2019 07:14 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

Been using Nexgard spectra...Heartworms,intestinal worms, fleas, and ticks all in one monthly tasty chew

Old Post 08-22-2019 01:03 AM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: simparica

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Been cutting Nexgard chews for years, and did the Comfortis flea long before they came out with pills that treated tick too. We use Nexgard once a month for the reason Doc mentioned that Simplica wasn't good for the Lone Star tick for the entire 3 months but when I asked about the safety of giving it sooner it is not recommended so I'll just stick to the once a month Nexgard. A friend of mine does a bulk order a couple of times a year and we get them from overseas for right at $10 a chew that treat dogs up to 120lbs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Simparica a monthly pill? I give it every month. Think it's another pill that's good for three months.

Old Post 08-22-2019 02:08 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Re: simparica

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Simparica a monthly pill? I give it every month. Think it's another pill that's good for three months.

Sorry it's the bravecto I meant. It is the 3 month pill.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-22-2019 04:17 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

all orals work by killing ticks after they attach and feed on blood , new studies show that tick born illness can be as little as 2 hours after tick starts feeding on blood , average time for ehrichiosis 8 hours , lymes 12 to 24 hours , no oral on the market at this time has a fast enough kill time to keep your dog from contracting tick disease ,they are a waste of your hard earned $, sure they are easy to use and convenient with no mess , but when your dog gets sick because you trusted orals for protection it can be a real eye opener ,

Old Post 08-25-2019 02:57 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote