UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jim Bartley

How are you doing, sure good to hear from you. It has been a while. I was on your thread a little while ago. Looks like you are still breeding and hunting some good dogs.---------Jack

Mr. Darren Hollis

Thank you for the kind words Mr. Hollis and you are right I don't remember. I wish I had a memory Like Mr. Warren Haslour had or Mr. Dave Dean, those guys could remember everything they ever did and everybody they ever met. Me, I'llmbe looking for my glasses a lot of times only to discover later that I'm wearing them. Mr. Hollis you have a standing invitation to come hunting anytime.-----Jack

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-03-2014 08:54 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bo Dotson
UKC Forum Member

Hey Sir, I know you don't know me from Adam but I own the smokey dog out of old Anderson blu jake, I sure have enjoyed him, he has been best hound I coulda asked for, he's fat outta shape and older now but he was the most natural born coondog I will prolly ever have, I really like the tramp bred dogs alot... Take Care!!

GRCH NITECH HOLLYCREEKS TREESLAMMIN KATIE
HOLLYCREEKS BLU DRUMMER

OWNERS AND HANDLERS
BO DOTSON RYAN LYLE SAM DOTSON
TEAM HOLLYCREEK 276-220-2485

Old Post 05-04-2014 03:00 AM
Bo Dotson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bo Dotson Click here to Send Bo Dotson a Private Message Find more posts by Bo Dotson Add Bo Dotson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kajun HardTymes
New UKC Forum Member

Hay Jack good to see you on the message board.I'am glad to see you are back in the woods hunting.My grandson and I went last nite and looked at 2.The coons are giving the black berries heck down here.We will get together soon and make a hunt.

Old Post 05-04-2014 02:54 PM
Kajun HardTymes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kajun HardTymes Click here to Send Kajun HardTymes a Private Message Click Here to Email Kajun HardTymes Find more posts by Kajun HardTymes Add Kajun HardTymes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Bo Dotson

Good to hear from you. I guess I've never met you. If I did I don't remember, but that's nothing unusual for me. I always considered some one like you is just a friend that I have never met. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Anderson and hunting with him. I think it was at the Fall Roundup in Hope Ark. He was a real nice guy and Jake was a top hound and a real reproducer. Bo how old is your Smokey dog now and how is he bred on the bottom side. I'm always interested in pedigrees. Thanks for posting Bo. Take care---Jack

Kajun Hard Times

How are you doing, good to hear from you. Sounds like you and your grandson had a good hunt. I din't think the blackberries are quite ready here yet, but it won't be long. Give me a shout anytime and we'll make a round. Take care---------Jack

Old Post 05-04-2014 07:56 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Nite hunt

Jeremy and I traveled to Bay Springs last night and did a little good. I finished my Sheba female to Grand on the bench, and Jeremy won the Nite Ch Part of the hunt finishing his Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Skeeter to Dual Grand. That will make my Shadow dogs pedigree Look better. I hunted My Tramp 11 dog, but they hit an old cold track, bumped up on two or three different trees but never stuck it. I kept thinking one of them would cut out and get one treed, but it didn't happen. Ienjoyed the hunt. Hunted with some good guys

Old Post 05-04-2014 09:15 PM
DIEHARD
UKC Forum Member

HEY MR. JACK JEREMY CALLED ME TODAY SAID HE FINISHED OL SKEET OUT I TOLD HIM IT WAS ABOUT TIME SHES A NICE GYP.I GOT JOHN HENRY BREED TO A LITTER MATE SISTER TO BRYANS EASY 2 DOG HOPE SHE HAS A PILE OF EM.GOT A ARKIE BREED GYP IN THE PEN WITH HIM NOWSEEMS TO BE A PRETTY NICE GYP.
CALL ME SOME TIME DARRIN MCNEESE

Old Post 05-05-2014 10:29 AM
DIEHARD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DIEHARD Click here to Send DIEHARD a Private Message Find more posts by DIEHARD Add DIEHARD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Darren McNeese

Good to hear from you , how have you been. I guess you are still hunting hard, How is that young dog doing. I'm sure sorry we couldn't get Sheba bred to John Henry. I really want me a pup out of her. I think I'm going to try Chilled Semen and I. A. next time on sheba and Doll 1V. I have a couple of dogs in mind. I know one of them ships chilled semen, I don't know about the other. I'll have to check on it. I'll call you in a couple of days. Take care-----Jack

Old Post 05-05-2014 05:24 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Shadow

1st. drop, he treed one pretty quick, looked at the coon. 2nd. drop, he just come treed in about 400 yrds. I went to him. I had to back off about 75 yrds from the tree before I could even see a small part of the tree, but no coon was seen. We called it a night.

--------------- Nite Ch. "PR" Dryfork Blue Spud
---------- "PR" Smokey River Blue Spud
--------------- "PR" Smokey River Dots Mandy
Sire: Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
--------------- Gr. Nite Ch. Gr. Ch. "PR" Sextons Blue Jimmy
---------- Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
--------------- Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River J-Bell's Be
"PR" Smokey River Tramps Shadow
---------------Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Boones Mackie Creek Bo
---------- Gr. Nite Ch. Gr. Ch. "PR" Mackie Creek Bo Jack
--------------- Gr. Nite Ch. Gr. Ch. "PR" Flinthills Blue Angel
Dam: Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Skeeter
---------------Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
----------Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" M & P'S Little Blue Penny
---------------Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Sheba

Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Sheba

Last edited by Misty river on 05-08-2014 at 10:16 PM

Old Post 05-06-2014 06:40 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

Congrats on your recent nite hunt wins. I looked in the Bluebook at Shadow and Tramp II's pictures and they are some good looking hounds! Take care.

Old Post 05-07-2014 02:02 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Steve Bankston

Thank you, both of those females should hav been finished ot a long time ago, but I havn't made many competition hunts in the last several years. Jeremy has been doing most of the competition hunting. I'll probably be making a few in the next few months. Take care.

Old Post 05-07-2014 07:44 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Tramp 11

1st. drop, he went in about 100 yrds and hit a good track, made a circle up through an ole slough and came back and treed about 20 yrds from the truck. My kind of dog. Looked at the coon. 2nd. drop, He struck an old cold track about 250 yrds in. He worked that track for about a mile and treed in behind the back waters of Pearl River. I tried, but I couldn't get to him. Finally had to call him off and we called it a night.

Nite Ch. "PR" Dryfork Blue Spud
"PR" Smokey River Blue Spud
"PR" Smokey River Dots Mandy

Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp

Gr. Nite Ch. Gr. Ch. "PR" Sextons Blue Jimmy
Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River J-Bells Be

"PR" Smokey River Blue Tramp11

Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
Gr. Nite Ch. Gr. Ch. "PR" Smokey River Tramps Blue Lake
Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Doll

Dam: Ch. Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Doll IV

Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Cheifs Joe
"PR" Misty River Blue Doll III
Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Doll II

Old Post 05-07-2014 08:23 AM
DIEHARD
UKC Forum Member

HEY JACK THE PUP OFF JOHN HENRY IS SHARP AS A TACK AND A NICE TREE DOG HE MIGHT MAKE THE CUT.I GOT JOHN HENRY FIGURED OUT ON THE BREEDING NEED TO GET YOUR GYP HERE WHEN SHE STARTS BLEEDING HES BEEN DOIN BETTER LIKE THAT IF YOU WANNA TRY SHEBA AGAIN BRING HER ON.
DARRIN MCNEESE

Old Post 05-07-2014 01:18 PM
DIEHARD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DIEHARD Click here to Send DIEHARD a Private Message Find more posts by DIEHARD Add DIEHARD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Re: Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Misty river
1st. drop, he treed one pretty quick, looked at the coon. 2nd. drop, he just come treed in about 400 yrds. I went to him. I had to back off about 75 yrds from the tree before I could even see a small part of the tree, but no coon was seen. We called it a night.

Nite Ch. "PR" Dryfork Blue Spud
"PR" Smokey River Blue Spud
"PR" Smokey River Dots Mandy
Sire: Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
Gr. Nite Ch. Gr. Ch. "PR" Sextons Blue Jimmy
Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River J-Bell's Be
"PR" Smokey River Blue Shadow
Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Boones Mackie Creek Bo
Gr. Nite Ch. Gr. Ch. "PR" Mackie Creek Bo Jack
Gr. Nite Ch. Gr. Ch. "PR" Flinthills Blue Angel
Dam: Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Skeeter
Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Smoker river Jeans Blue Tramp
Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" M & P'S Little Blue Penny
Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Sheba

Old Post 05-07-2014 04:33 PM
Bo Dotson
UKC Forum Member

Jack, Smokey is 7 now, and his dam is a nitech female call smokey river blu nightmare, she goes back to chiefs blue dancer and has a shot of droop in her as well...

GRCH NITECH HOLLYCREEKS TREESLAMMIN KATIE
HOLLYCREEKS BLU DRUMMER

OWNERS AND HANDLERS
BO DOTSON RYAN LYLE SAM DOTSON
TEAM HOLLYCREEK 276-220-2485

Old Post 05-07-2014 07:11 PM
Bo Dotson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bo Dotson Click here to Send Bo Dotson a Private Message Find more posts by Bo Dotson Add Bo Dotson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Darren McNeese

I'm glad you got John Henry back working for you in the stud pen. I believe he can help the bluetick breed. Thank you for inviting Sheba back to visit him. I may take you up on that before long. I'm glad your pup is coming on. Take Care

Mr. Bo Dotson

I appreciate you coming on board and telling Me about Smokey. I was running the boards the other day and came across your thread and read Smokey's ped. He sure has an awsom pedigree and everything I hear about him is good. Take care

Old Post 05-08-2014 05:36 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Thank You

Mr. Scott V.H.

Thanks for coming on here and posting up. Welcome anytime. Scott the females that you are asking about. I know some of them. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Jeans Blue June was a litter mate sister to Tramp. They were both out of Smokey River blue Spud and Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Be's Blue Jean. Jean was out of Dual Gr. "PR" Sextons Blue Jimmy and Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River J-Bells Be. Be was a littermate sister to Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River JBS Chief. They were both out of Nite Ch. "PR" Dryfork Blue Spud and "PR" Smokey River BBS J-Bell.The other females I don't really know Scott. You May talk to Mr. Craig Edwards He's pretty knowledgable on the Smokey River Dogs. By the way Scott I picked up a female yesterday out of your Hammerhead female and Mr. Bill Goodes Dutch dog. She will be one yr. old 5-5-14 I don't think she has been worked with very much, she acts good here around the house. I'm going to give her a chance I'll let you know how she does. Jack

Mr Smith,
Thank you for responding to my question on the Smokey River Females. Good Luck with your Hammerhead pup. Bill Goode tells me some of them are doing real well for their owners. We just bred Hammerhead to Logan here yesterday and hope to get some nice pups.
Take Care,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 05-11-2014 01:44 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Scott VH

Your welcome, the females that you were inquiring about were great ones and great reproducers. You will see them in most of the better dogs today. Most of the guys that know me know that I've always sought after the female side of our great breed. They are the backbone of it all. Scott I wish you the best with your hounds and your breeding program. If I can ever be of any help to you, let me know.--------------Jack

Old Post 05-12-2014 05:15 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Shadow

Hunted Shadow and Sheba tonight. 1st drop Sheba hit a pretty good track about 75 yards in. Shadow joined in and the race was on. They headed toward a road, I got on my four wheeler and headed them off at the road. 2nd drop Shadow hit a fair track and they warmed it up pretty quick. They circled around and crossed through a pine thicket into an old slough that had a lot of blown down trees in it from a past storm. it was all grown up with briars and vines. They treed in there, but you could not see anything. We loaded up and moved. 3rd drop Shadow struck an old cold track and they started working it. They moved it about 100 yrds. and Shadow treed. Sheba bumped it a time or two and moved on. Shadow stayed treed and I went to him. He acted like he was winding a coon, but he never could locate the tree. I leashed him up and came back to the four wheeler, by that time Sheba was deep. It was getting late so I took shadow by the truck and dropped him off. When I listened for Sheba, I just could hear her and she was treed. Thank god for four wheelers. When I got to her she was treed uo a small oak that went up into a large pine. There were several pines there and they were wrapped up with vines. I couldn't find the coon. We loaded up and called it a night.

Old Post 05-13-2014 08:14 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Shadow

Jeremy has got Tramp 11 at his house for a while, so I hunted Shadow and Sheba again tonight. Sheba hasn't been out in a pretty good while, but she still makes it rough on these young dogs. 1st drop they hit a pretty good track about 400 yrds in and moved it deeper for about another 300 yrds. and treed. They had pushed him pretty hard. the coon was sitting in the top of a small dead tree about 25 feet up. We loaded up and moved down closer to Pearl
river. 2nd drop, they had made a pretty wide circle and was grtting close to a road. I heard another 4 wheeler coming down the road close to the dogs. It was the land owner coming in to hunt with me for awhile and the dogs followed him back to me. 3rd drop the dogs hit a working track and moved it out into a 20 acre cutover. They worked him out of there and moved on up the swamp with him. They crossed a big slough and treed. It was a large oak and you could not find anywhere that you could see up the tree. We loaded up and called it a night.

Old Post 05-14-2014 06:47 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Shadow

I hunted Shadow alone tonight. I went in the swamp near Pearl River, and turned him loose. He went in and struck a working track, made a circle through the swamp, through from ankle to knee deep water and headed toward the river. I knew that when he reached the river, if he went north up the river everything would be alright, but if he turned south down the river I would have to call him in, for there are houses and camps down river and I don't like to bother anyone. He turned south so I called him in. 2nd drop, he went in and struck another bad track, I knew that it was rough on him with all the mud and water, even where there was dry ground, there was dry mud all over everything where the river had flowed through the swamp. He worked the track for about 500 yrds and treed about 50 yrds from an old road so I was able to ride the 4 wheeler close to him. I looked at the coon and will get to run it another night. It was about 1clock so we called it a night.

Old Post 05-17-2014 08:08 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

dry weather

Its about to start drying out some Mr. Jack. Next week is supposed to be nice but with that comes the hot weather of summer. We picked a bunch of dew berries yesterday for wife to make a cobbler and noticed the black berries are loading up. Going to be some good cutover races soon. Take care.

Old Post 05-17-2014 12:43 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Steve Bankston

Yes in another month or so we will be glad to get close to some water, so these young dogs can smell a track, but the good lord sends us all these types of weather, hot, cold, dry, wet and I'm going to enjoy all of it along with these ole hounds until he tells me I can't do it anymore and then I'm going to go up there and spend the rest of forever with him. Steve I'm sitting here writing this and all I can think about is that cobbler your wife is making. Hope you had a good hunt tonight-------------Jack

Old Post 05-18-2014 07:41 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Nite hunt

Jeremy and I traveled to Mendenhall, Ms. last night to their U.K.C. hunt. Jeremy hunted Tramp 11. They didn't do any good, one of those nights. The dogs in his cast were going about 75 yrds and locking up treed and never looked at. a coon. We decided to pull Tramp 11 from the nite hunts and let him mature a little more, and get a little more age and experience on him. I hunted Sheba, she looked good considering she hadn't been out of the pen for about a year till last week. 1st drop, two dog cast, Sheba struck 100, English dog struck 75. They went about 100 yrds. Sheba Treed 125, English treed 75, we got almost to tree English dog was off to the right trying to trail off, Minused English dog tree pts. we went on in to tree, spreaded out to shine tree. Almost emidiatly Mr. Williams said that he saw the coon. I went over, but I could not find the coon. Sheba was treed up a big turkey pine. Mr Williams saw the coon again,but I never saw the coon. Mr. Williams told me not to worry for he had seen the coon and the coon was there, but I told him by the rules, we both would have to see the coon to get plus pts. Sheba 225 circle. English 75- tree, 75 circle strike. 2nd drop, Sheba struck 100 English 75. They worked for about 200 yrds. Sheba treed 125, English never treed. We went to tree, large beech, I got to shaking vinesand Mr. Williams said he saw the coon. I went out, but I never could see the coon. Sheba 225 circle, English 75 circle strike. 3rd drop they went in Sheba struck 100, English 75, they went deeper about another 50 yrds. Sheba treed 125, English dog trailed back toward us for about 25 yrds. and treed 125. We passed by the English dog first, he leashed him there and we went on to Sheba. She was treed up a small tree about 5 inches thick and 20' tall. The coon was balled up right in the top, even I could see that one. We went back and shined the English dogs tree, but never could find the coon, Sheba 225+, English 200 circle. 4th drop, They went in about 300 yrds Sheba 100 strike, English 75. It was a bad track. Sheba treed 125, she hushed 2 min. caught her 125- They were beginning to warm the track up, but time ran out on them. Mr. Keith Williams was the guy that I was hunting with, He was a real nice guy and a great guy to hunt with. I told Mr. Williams at the end of the hunt that my eye sight was about gone, my hearing wasn't too good and my mind was about the same as my eye sight. He laughed about that. We had a good hunt.

Old Post 05-19-2014 12:14 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Shadow

Hunted Shadow alone tonight. 1st drop, he went in about 100 yrds. struck a pretty good track, moved it in about another 100 yrds. and treed. It took me a little while to get to get to him. I thought he might be closer to another road, I moved around to the other road, but he was farther from there, so I went back to where I had turned him loose. I had to wade a couple of sloughs to get to him. He was treed up a large oak and it branched out into two real big pines on each side of the oak. I looked for the coon for several minutes, but never could get him to look. 2nd drop, He hit a pretty fair track moved it into some rough stuff. I had been in there before, blow down trees and mud and water. He moved the track for about 400 yrds, but just could not do anything with it. I moved in on an old road nit far from him and he came out. 3rd drop, He hit a real bad track about 200 yrds, in. He worked that ole track for over an hour, bumped a couple of trees, but never settled. The track was just too cold for him. I called him off and we called it a night.

Old Post 05-21-2014 08:31 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Shadow

I hunted Shadow alone again last night. 1st drop, he went in about 350 yrds. made a circle and came back in, never opened. 2nd drop, He went in about 300 yrds struck a cold track and worked it up an old slough, crossed and treed. I crossed the slough and went to him. He was treed up a large turkey pine with smaller trees and two large oaks that branched out into it. It was like a canopy around it for about an acre. I never could get to where I could see anything. 3rd. drop, he struck a pretty good track, moved it across a slough and into about a 20 acre cut over He worked it in there for a while, but never could get it out of the cut over, so I called him out and we called it a night.

Old Post 05-22-2014 06:45 PM