UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Mr Carl Smiths Mt Curs
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TURBO DOG
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: A little food for thought........

quote:
Originally posted by daggum
That last statement says it all.

What a true statement from a top breeder like Carl Smith!

The very first time I went to a omcba hunt, I mostly kept my mouth shut(ha!) and listened. I walked around and looked at dogs and I could hear this group of folks talking about the group of folks over younder. I went over to those folks and they were talking about another group of folks and their dogs. That went on for most of the day.

I told my buddy that, not knowing anything about these mt cur dogs, I figured I would try and buy a pup from the man most talked about.

Carl has only two red ring neck pups left and they were sold so I did not buy a pup. Came home and got a pretty red ring neck black mouth pup for a friend.

What Carl said applies also to most of the top breeders!

Guess it is just human nature but sad for sure!

http://treeprokennels.webs.com/

"TREE DOGS ARE BORN NOT MADE"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2012 03:33 PM
TURBO DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TURBO DOG Click here to Send TURBO DOG a Private Message Click Here to Email TURBO DOG Visit TURBO DOG's homepage! Find more posts by TURBO DOG Add TURBO DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shafersone
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by trackdownknls
What line is flat natural hunters, accurate, and puts the meat on the table? Also are naturally trash free?

If you find a breeder with this kind of dog don't walk run away before he can pick your pocket

Old Post 01-21-2012 10:24 PM
shafersone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shafersone Click here to Send shafersone a Private Message Find more posts by shafersone Add shafersone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JWIL
UKC Forum Member

JUKEBOX, these dogs are amazing. It's as if the scent is in their nose from birth. Highly intellegent as well, as if they know you're squirrel hunting or coon hunting... amazing blood. Wow is all I can say....

Old Post 02-04-2012 11:55 PM
JWIL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JWIL Click here to Send JWIL a Private Message Click Here to Email JWIL Find more posts by JWIL Add JWIL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

I know this is an old post but I hate to break it to people but I know for a FACT that Carl Smith bred Grey Mamma to Bill Bargers feist, that's how he come up with streak. I also know that him and bill still do some dog switching because both of their line of dogs are almost the same thing. Carl runs down the busher line because he says they're just a 1\4 cur and the rest hound. What a hypocrite. Me and him had this conversation about busher dogs and that's what he said Joey Denison thinks the same way. But he is sitting on a kennel that is really freeing fiest.. Yeahh I'll stick with foundation stock myself.

Last edited by arkansas cooner on 01-31-2014 at 05:29 AM

Old Post 01-31-2014 05:15 AM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by arkansas cooner
I know this is an old post but I hate to break it to people but I know for a FACT that Carl Smith bred Grey Mamma to Bill Bargers feist, that's how he come up with streak. I also know that him and bill still do some dog switching because both of their line of dogs are almost the same thing. Carl runs down the busher line because he says they're just a 1\4 cur and the rest hound. What a hypocrite. Me and him had this conversation about busher dogs and that's what he said Joey Denison thinks the same way. But he is sitting on a kennel that is really freeing fiest.. Yeahh I'll stick with foundation stock myself.

That's great! More for the rest of us .

Old Post 01-31-2014 05:44 AM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
orchidhunter
Banned

Bubbas, here are links to Bubba Carl's facebook page, and his new website that he is working on. http://www.mtnsquirreldogkennels.net/home.html https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mtn-...237967192927356

Old Post 01-31-2014 06:16 PM
orchidhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for orchidhunter Find more posts by orchidhunter Add orchidhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

I'll say this one thing and then leave y'all to it. The VAST majority of ppl that enjoy their squirrel dogs, and hunting these cur dogs, are feeding dogs that go back to streak. Right, wrong, cur, feist, thanks to streak and his offspring there are hundreds of folks able to enjoy treeing these tree rats.

Old Post 01-31-2014 08:45 PM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mt11
New UKC Forum Member

I don't know anything about Kemmer Curs but I do know Smiths Streak bloodline my dogs Dam was MT. JACKSONS TINKER SIRED BY STREAKS MT. JACKSON WATT MT.JOE is as fine squirrel dog as I have ever owned uses eyes ears and nose trees hard good choppy bark stays on tree until you call him off or kill squirrel no matter how long he has to stay may be little small at 35 pounds but has all the grit in the world have also coon hunted him Streaks bloodline is the only one for me

Old Post 03-26-2014 07:49 PM
mt11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mt11 Click here to Send mt11 a Private Message Find more posts by mt11 Add mt11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by McSquizzie
I'll say this one thing and then leave y'all to it. The VAST majority of ppl that enjoy their squirrel dogs, and hunting these cur dogs, are feeding dogs that go back to streak. Right, wrong, cur, feist, thanks to streak and his offspring there are hundreds of folks able to enjoy treeing these tree rats.

Is this true? I've been messing with 'em more than 20 years and haven't got around to the streak line yet. But I'm workin' on it.....

Old Post 03-26-2014 07:54 PM
TOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOP Click here to Send TOP a Private Message Click Here to Email TOP Find more posts by TOP Add TOP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mt11
New UKC Forum Member

I agree that no matter the bloodline if the dog does what you want and you enjoy hunting him that matters I would suggest going to OMCBA Website to look at the breed standards their far from being feist blood Ive owned both mt cur and feist you put Watt Mt. Joe next to Ross my feist there is absolutely no resemblance my feist is apretty good dog but does not compare to my cur ross hunts by sight and ear only which most feist do joe will tree circles around him

Old Post 03-26-2014 08:27 PM
mt11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mt11 Click here to Send mt11 a Private Message Find more posts by mt11 Add mt11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mt11
New UKC Forum Member

Good one But will he drink when he gets there

Old Post 03-26-2014 08:29 PM
odg
UKC Forum Member

getting ready to ad some streak to mine through hummer

Old Post 03-27-2014 12:42 AM
odg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for odg Click here to Send odg a Private Message Click Here to Email odg Find more posts by odg Add odg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Simpson
New UKC Forum Member

Streak Dogs

Owned dogs out of Streak and Georgetta cross,real good squirrel dogs. But every one in this country that knew cur dogs,said ''That aint cur dogs.

Old Post 03-28-2014 04:05 PM
Simpson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Simpson Click here to Send Simpson a Private Message Click Here to Email Simpson Find more posts by Simpson Add Simpson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

Streak or Streak Jr?

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 03-28-2014 05:18 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Simpson
New UKC Forum Member

Streak Dogs

Forgot the Jr

Old Post 03-28-2014 05:47 PM
Simpson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Simpson Click here to Send Simpson a Private Message Click Here to Email Simpson Find more posts by Simpson Add Simpson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merle seeley
UKC Forum Member

I have owned and trained several out of Mt Jackson and can tell you they are natural tree dogs that don't stay under your feet!! I have tried several lines and the Streak line has been my personal favorite jmo. Also Mr Carl Smith has don't a ton to improve the cur dog world , love him or hate him you have to agree his impact is evident!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-29-2014 06:41 AM
merle seeley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for merle seeley Click here to Send merle seeley a Private Message Click Here to Email merle seeley Find more posts by merle seeley Add merle seeley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Treed Deep
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by merle seeley
I have owned and trained several out of Mt Jackson and can tell you they are natural tree dogs that don't stay under your feet!! I have tried several lines and the Streak line has been my personal favorite jmo. Also Mr Carl Smith has don't a ton to improve the cur dog world , love him or hate him you have to agree his impact is evident!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-29-2014 04:24 PM
Treed Deep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Treed Deep Click here to Send Treed Deep a Private Message Find more posts by Treed Deep Add Treed Deep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larry garvin
UKC Forum Member

a man ask me one time what I like to hunt a cur or a feist. my reply was the one that trees the most squirrels.

Old Post 03-30-2014 02:19 AM
larry garvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larry garvin Click here to Send larry garvin a Private Message Click Here to Email larry garvin Find more posts by larry garvin Add larry garvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GARNER
UKC Forum Member

Anyone care to guess what I think HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Old Post 03-31-2014 07:20 PM
GARNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GARNER Click here to Send GARNER a Private Message Find more posts by GARNER Add GARNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GARNER

Probably about the same as me. But you know what they say. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Old Post 03-31-2014 09:27 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdmorrison
UKC Forum Member

NO....Nobody Cares!

quote:
Originally posted by GARNER

........so save that bull-monkey talk for FaceBook and all the geniuses there.......LOL!!!

Ha!

Old Post 03-31-2014 10:15 PM
mdmorrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mdmorrison Click here to Send mdmorrison a Private Message Click Here to Email mdmorrison Visit mdmorrison's homepage! Find more posts by mdmorrison Add mdmorrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GARNER
UKC Forum Member

Re: NO....Nobody Cares!

quote:
Originally posted by mdmorrison
........so save that bull-monkey talk for FaceBook and all the geniuses there.......LOL!!!

Ha!

HATEFUL...

Old Post 03-31-2014 11:33 PM
GARNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GARNER Click here to Send GARNER a Private Message Find more posts by GARNER Add GARNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Wolfe
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Al Medcalf
Probably about the same as me. But you know what they say. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Then Al, Think I'll Try It This Way IMO Carl's Done More For The Cur Dog World ,Than He's Done For The Curredogge.

Old Post 04-01-2014 12:50 AM
Randy Wolfe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Wolfe Click here to Send Randy Wolfe a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Wolfe Find more posts by Randy Wolfe Add Randy Wolfe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Randy Wolfe
Then Al, Think I'll Try It This Way IMO Carl's Done More For The Cur Dog World ,Than He's Done For The Curredogge.
I'll round that up even more. Carl had done quite a bit for himself over the years using cur dogs. If any just happened to rub off on the cur dog as a whole that was just icing on the cake. I'll promise you it wasn't intentional.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 04-02-2014 01:28 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Treed Deep
UKC Forum Member

If it was...

…UN-intentional, considering how much rubbed off I'd say Carl has excellent karma.

Last edited by Treed Deep on 04-02-2014 at 04:02 AM

Old Post 04-02-2014 03:57 AM
Treed Deep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Treed Deep Click here to Send Treed Deep a Private Message Find more posts by Treed Deep Add Treed Deep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote