UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Raccoons in Wyoming?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ELC
UKC Forum Member

Raccoons in Wyoming?

I maybe moving from Fla. to Wyoming form early spring to early fall. Do any of you out there no if there are any coon hunters in or around the Casper area? Heck I would assume there are raccoons there??? I'll be working around a lot of national management areas. My one stipulation for taking the job was I had to bring my coonhound with me. Any type of contacts would be greatful. Heck maybe I'll start hunting big game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-18-2010 06:08 PM
ELC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELC Click here to Send ELC a Private Message Find more posts by ELC Add ELC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy

I believe Worland WY has held the UKC Zones and the AKC State Championship.
Look up Dean Carrell. I've only met him briefly but he seems like a first class individual. Dean is in SC right now at the other world hunt. I'm pulling for him and his hound to make some noise.
Look up Dean or Bill Ziegler on this board, I'm sure both would be willing to help you out.

Old Post 02-18-2010 06:17 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELC
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the connections. Soon as I can i'll try and contact them. ELC

Old Post 02-18-2010 10:08 PM
ELC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELC Click here to Send ELC a Private Message Find more posts by ELC Add ELC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I suggest that you start shopping online for long underwear... Your gonna need it next winter, and if you don't buy it now...you'll regret it...

Old Post 02-18-2010 10:15 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

and while your at it, you might tryin trading them beach sandels in for a pair of snow shoes!!lol

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 02-18-2010 10:24 PM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

30 years ago I spent a week coonhunting on a ranch out of Douglas which is not too far from Casper. You hunt the creek bottoms, that was the only place with timber. Big coons, lots of them and they do like to run.

Old Post 02-18-2010 10:26 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tbaker
UKC Forum Member

WY Coon

I live in WY just south of Cody on the wood river. We have alot of BIG coon here but not many coon hunters. Yes there is a club in Worland. Not to far from Casper thru the Wind river canyon.
I work a 48,000 acre ranch and the coon are a problem with our feed. Im thinking about getting anouther hound, however, Lions-Bears-Wolves are what got me worried for the dogs safety.

Old Post 02-19-2010 01:52 AM
Tbaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tbaker Click here to Send Tbaker a Private Message Click Here to Email Tbaker Find more posts by Tbaker Add Tbaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

Re: WY Coon

The North Platte River flows right through down town Casper, so finding coons wont be a problem

quote:
Originally posted by Tbaker
....... Im thinking about getting anouther hound, however, Lions-Bears-Wolves are what got me worried for the dogs safety.

Comments like this always make me go hmmmm, what do people think big game hunters use to hunt lions and bears?? rottweilers? I imagine out in the flat, you wouldent have much of a problem with wolves either.

Old Post 02-21-2010 04:19 PM
Doogie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie Dawg Click here to Send Doogie Dawg a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie Dawg Add Doogie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Follow the Sweet Water River South out of Casper !!! You can get Permision from the Sun Ranch at Devils Gate/Muddy Gap Area.
Lots of coon from their up stream to Sweetwater Station west of Jeffery City, Wy.

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 02-21-2010 04:48 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELC
UKC Forum Member

Hey everyone thanks for all the input. I've been away from the computer for awhile. I going to work on a ranch in Hanna,wy. I'm only going to be there 6 or 7 months. Then back to Sunny Fla. I'm going to drop my female off with some friends in Texas and they are going to hunt her and possibly breed her. Then next year if everything works out as I hope I'll be back with my dog in tow. If any of you would agree to letting me go along with you on a hunt I would like that. I will not have much oppertunity to hunt but when I do have time off i would enjoy checking out the area.

And yea I do have long johns. I still have my coveralls from when I was riding pens in the panhandle of Texas.

Old Post 02-24-2010 06:53 PM