UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Astro 220 ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
redbone35
UKC Forum Member

Astro 220 ?

Does anybody know how to get a detailed map up on a 220. My screen is blank other than a big circle with a dog in it. Any help would be appreciated,Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2017 04:58 PM
redbone35 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redbone35 Click here to Send redbone35 a Private Message Click Here to Email redbone35 Find more posts by redbone35 Add redbone35 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Did the astro ever have maps and you lost them?

If you see the circle it means your zoomed all the way. Try zooming out some an see what you have. Is there a sd card in the card slot by the batteries?

Old Post 03-20-2017 06:34 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redbone35
UKC Forum Member

Yes, Bruce there is an sd card but the zoom is set at 800yds, I dont know if it ever showed maps, I bought it used it tracks fine just no map.

Old Post 03-20-2017 07:12 PM
redbone35 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redbone35 Click here to Send redbone35 a Private Message Click Here to Email redbone35 Find more posts by redbone35 Add redbone35 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

zoom out tell more of the US started to show and see if any areas look grey or thatched.

Old Post 03-20-2017 07:35 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redbone35
UKC Forum Member

No gray or thatch, it shows major highways,cities and towns, no detail like county rds. or streams,rivers,ponds etc.

Old Post 03-20-2017 09:24 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Dont have a clue what that card may have on it. I would suggest checking it with a buddies astro. Plenty of map cards for sale for less than twenty bucks on eBay.

Old Post 03-20-2017 10:43 PM
Cowboybenzo
UKC Forum Member

I believe this was my 220 I sold you and that map card worked in Kentucky in Tennessee , I bought it from my hunting buddy and I can't remember what states it didn't work in

Old Post 03-20-2017 11:25 PM
Cowboybenzo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cowboybenzo Click here to Send Cowboybenzo a Private Message Click Here to Email Cowboybenzo Find more posts by Cowboybenzo Add Cowboybenzo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom.gerrity
New UKC Forum Member

That's how mine was when I got it. I had to put a new map card in for my state

Old Post 03-24-2017 11:58 PM
Tom.gerrity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom.gerrity Click here to Send Tom.gerrity a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom.gerrity Find more posts by Tom.gerrity Add Tom.gerrity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jfoster533
UKC Forum Member

You can download free maps from GPSFileDepot.com for your Garmin and install using Basecamp. There is instructions on the site for how to do it. Try this link: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/state/all

Old Post 03-25-2017 12:08 AM
jfoster533 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jfoster533 Click here to Send jfoster533 a Private Message Find more posts by jfoster533 Add jfoster533 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AWP
UKC Forum Member

jfoster533 is leading you down the right path. If you have garmin basecamp on your PC (personal computer), you should be able to down load maps on your 220 or at least to a micro sd card that you can use in your 220.

Do you know how to use garmin basecamp? If so, I can give you more links that may help you out more.

If not, where in Ohio are you? I'm in Jackson County and could probably help you get set up. I just used maps from that site a couple days ago.

Old Post 03-25-2017 11:12 PM
AWP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AWP Click here to Send AWP a Private Message Find more posts by AWP Add AWP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote