UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Alpha question?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
David Valentine
UKC Forum Member

Alpha question?

My alpha will not do anything.... You can faintly seen where it says garmin on the screen, when you take the battery out it stays on the screen. Put battery back in and still nothing. Any advice?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-23-2017 03:34 AM
David Valentine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Valentine Click here to Send David Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by David Valentine Add David Valentine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I would plug it to your charger and see what happens. Sounds like you have a battery issue. If you have a buddy with one borrow his battery and put in yours and see what it does.

Old Post 03-23-2017 10:16 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

This will not help you, but there is update software for alphas. 6.62 It must be for them only Tried it on my 320 4,40 is the current version for them.

Old Post 03-25-2017 01:12 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DOUG CHEEK
UKC Forum Member

I think U have a problem with your CHARGING PORT --I think GARMIN said they were out of a part to fix it --on back order --GARMIN said charge the battery with in your buddy unit --then check it to see if that worked

ALWAYS GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Old Post 03-25-2017 03:28 PM
DOUG CHEEK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOUG CHEEK Click here to Send DOUG CHEEK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOUG CHEEK Find more posts by DOUG CHEEK Add DOUG CHEEK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Roy the new update is for interference problems with the ALPHAS and your buddies collars. It does a few things but the major one is that it notifies you of a problem which before it gave you the option to do something about it and many just clicked the buttons, not realizing they were changing their buddies ID number.

Old Post 03-25-2017 04:11 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The charging port may be the weak link, especially if your not careful with it. That is why I used a stand alone charger and keep a battery charged in it at all times and then just swap batteries and not charge them through the ALPHA.

Old Post 03-25-2017 04:12 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Alpha question?

quote:
Originally posted by David Valentine
My alpha will not do anything.... You can faintly seen where it says garmin on the screen, when you take the battery out it stays on the screen. Put battery back in and still nothing. Any advice?

Did you figure anything out? Mine is doing it now. The garmin screen comes on and then it just fades to black and will not come on, even if it is plugged in. The batter is showing charged.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 03-27-2017 09:53 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DOUG CHEEK
I think U have a problem with your CHARGING PORT --I think GARMIN said they were out of a part to fix it --on back order --GARMIN said charge the battery with in your buddy unit --then check it to see if that worked

Great, mine just broke and was about to ship it in for repair. What a joke, if they can't even keep that part it stock you'd think it would tell them something.

Old Post 03-28-2017 01:45 AM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Adam I don't think you would have any problem sending your ALPHA in for repair. They don't fix the one you send them anyway as they have replacements ready to send out.

Here is a well kept secret and can make life a lot easier. They make a desk top charger and having one of these makes charging a battery a lot simpler. Great to keep an extra battery i
They are about $25

Old Post 03-28-2017 02:16 AM
joey
UKC Forum Member

I got mine to working but I have no idea how it did it. I took another battery and placed in it and it worked. Took the new one out and put the old one in and it is working with it also. I had tried taking the battery out before but it did nothing. It makes no sense to me that just placing another battery in it did anything. My old battery was not dead, it had 87% life left and now works fine.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 03-28-2017 05:39 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, that's a great idea but shouldn't be necessary, which I feel it is now after the port has broken on my less than one year old unit and I'm learning its not uncommon. I get frustrated whenever I buy what should be the "Cadillac" of a particular product and the manufacturer won't stand behind a recurring and known problem. I do my part to take care of whatever I've been blessed enough to own, so I expect the same on the other end.

I've also been really frustrated I cannot update my TT15s on my Mac, only because they didn't want to design the collar to operate with IOS. That's just plain lazy.

I appreciate the help and reply, I'll likely be ordering one once I recover from the second hit in less than 2 weeks from Garmin dipping in my pocket.

Old Post 03-28-2017 01:27 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Adam if it is less than a year old the fix should be simple. It is under warranty. It is not uncommon because people do not use care when plugging in and unplugging. Not saying you haven't but have you seen these wired to laptops and tablets and then snatched out and ran into the woods with or people jump in their trucks while trying to drive the truck, head dogs and get plugged back in. It's a wonder they work at all.

As far as the TT 15 update. Not even sure it is necessary to do. Handhelds yes but not a TT 15.

If your ALPHA is less than a year old and someone wants to dip into your pocket send me a PM and I will see if I can help you out.

Old Post 03-28-2017 02:09 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

bruce, sent ya a PM. Thx

Old Post 03-28-2017 02:23 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Your PM Box is Full Adam.

Old Post 03-28-2017 02:27 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Ok, I fixed it, sent folder was packed.

Old Post 03-28-2017 02:29 PM
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

Bruce,
Do you have the stand alone chargers?

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 03-28-2017 03:05 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I have them but don't have them on the website. Call 904-692-1568 and ask for the
ALPHA desktop charger. Should be around $25 bucks. I am not in the store but they should know what your talking about.

I didn't post that to sell them. Many other dealers should have them also.

Old Post 03-28-2017 03:13 PM