UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > How did you get started with Black and Tans ?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Danny Fancher
UKC Forum Member

How did you get started with Black and Tans ?

I hunted with a man that had a night champion out of Tennessee Fiddler when I was a kid.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-09-2016 02:03 AM
Danny Fancher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny Fancher Click here to Send Danny Fancher a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny Fancher Find more posts by Danny Fancher Add Danny Fancher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronnie H
UKC Forum Member

Got my first

I got my first one in 95 and been hunting the Black dogs for about 21 years and like what I hunt.

Old Post 06-09-2016 03:26 AM
Ronnie H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronnie H Click here to Send Ronnie H a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronnie H Find more posts by Ronnie H Add Ronnie H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blckntan337
UKC Forum Member

My grandpa always had atleast one Black and Tan ever since I can remember.. black and tan was the 1st hound I ever went to the woods with. My dad hunted blueticks and black dogs but I was hooked with the Black and Tans n that's all I'll ever own and hunt..

Last edited by blckntan337 on 06-09-2016 at 03:57 AM

Old Post 06-09-2016 03:46 AM
blckntan337 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blckntan337 Click here to Send blckntan337 a Private Message Click Here to Email blckntan337 Find more posts by blckntan337 Add blckntan337 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OzarkLiven
UKC Forum Member

Always hunted blue or black. And few years ago my uncle raised nice hound as I ever been woods with. And I got a pup off him that was extremely nice. And then got lucky enough by aunt to uncle male dog made me line cross and been hunting black dogs ever since. Really like what I'm getting out black dogs.

JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

BAYOU CREEK BLACK AND TANS

NATHAN PHENIX
1-417-255-5697

Old Post 06-09-2016 04:27 AM
OzarkLiven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OzarkLiven Click here to Send OzarkLiven a Private Message Click Here to Email OzarkLiven Find more posts by OzarkLiven Add OzarkLiven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebird
UKC Forum Member

I always liked the looks of b&t's (blue ticks too). Traditionally I preferred their hunting style and reputation. So when i started hunting I trialed a couple walkers, they went back, I had a young walker that i culled. I got tired of going through those dogs and I told myself I was going to get a Black and Tan. and I haven't regretted my decision. I know I got a couple bad walkers but they just turned me right off.

Old Post 06-09-2016 03:03 PM
firebird is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebird Click here to Send firebird a Private Message Find more posts by firebird Add firebird to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlackDogs26
UKC Forum Member

I started dating a guy 7 years ago that handled for Billy Grimes. First dog I was ever in the woods with was nite ch grimes riverside ellie mae. She was a fun dog to hunt. Tree coons all night long. She had her faults but she made me fall in love with hunting. Billy was always good to us when it came to.dogs since my bf at the time handled for him. Been sticking to his line ever since with some outcrossing to try and get some traits in the line. I like the line, but some things I'd like to improve on and been researching and that's my goal. Now that I'm moving into my own place I'll be in the woods a lot more. Been missing it the past few months due to personal things going on...but I'll be back to it soon even though I HATE summer hunting

*GRCH 'PR' Superstar Sydney*(Dual grand grimes hi dollar. dj drummer x Scooby female)
*Ch midnight molly
*Nitech Grch 'pr' Weinstocks screaming Diva

*CH 'PR' Corwin's ol' Red (Huck a Buck bred) 2010 KING OF HUNT AT OHIO ENGLISH SECTIONAL (RIP 7/17/2011) NEAR SILENT ON TRACK BUT COONDOG ALL THE WAY!!

Old Post 06-09-2016 10:45 PM
BlackDogs26 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BlackDogs26 Click here to Send BlackDogs26 a Private Message Click Here to Email BlackDogs26 Find more posts by BlackDogs26 Add BlackDogs26 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Orville White J
UKC Forum Member

got 2 B&T pups at 17 years of age made good dogs, then i wanted some REG dogs got 4 pups out of Davies Midnight Screaming Eagle that set me on fire. I am 54 years old know still hunting B&T'S.

Old Post 06-09-2016 11:14 PM
Orville White J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Orville White J Click here to Send Orville White J a Private Message Click Here to Email Orville White J Find more posts by Orville White J Add Orville White J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

Handled a black and tan for a buddy,he was a nice hound,off weirs black hoss,and curtsingers Oklahoma daisey. Like him a lot. Then I got to go with Markhams Black Smokey,talk about a coon dog!!!! Been hooked ever since...

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 06-10-2016 03:32 AM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan D.
UKC Forum Member

Got my first grade black dog from a friend going through a divorce but my first good registered dog came from Jeff Nelson. He was out of Nelsons Northern Brandy and Nightriders Trouble. I was hooked.

Old Post 06-10-2016 09:34 PM
Dan D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan D. Click here to Send Dan D. a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan D. Find more posts by Dan D. Add Dan D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Orville White J
UKC Forum Member

Dan them old dogs got a lot of us years ago, I went on a hunt Thursday night with this old blood that runs around here it was hard to deal with for them men solid and true pulled it out with the meat that is what i like.

Old Post 06-11-2016 02:45 PM
Orville White J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Orville White J Click here to Send Orville White J a Private Message Click Here to Email Orville White J Find more posts by Orville White J Add Orville White J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lars
UKC Forum Member

Got Married

Got married to Danny Doherty's sister. Nothing has been the same since. Lol

Old Post 06-12-2016 12:52 AM
lars is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lars Click here to Send lars a Private Message Find more posts by lars Add lars to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nick miller
UKC Forum Member

Hahahahahaha,,,,, That was awesome Dale!!!!!!!!

Old Post 06-12-2016 01:57 PM
nick miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nick miller Click here to Send nick miller a Private Message Click Here to Email nick miller Find more posts by nick miller Add nick miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nick miller
UKC Forum Member

My uncle had a bnt male when I was a kid that couldnt tree a coon but we took him rabbit hunting because he would bust through the thick brush and flush out anything with a pulse, 9 out of 10 times he would bust a deer through the country lol lets just say Ive had bnt's ever since and its still a love/hate relationship!

Old Post 06-12-2016 02:01 PM
nick miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nick miller Click here to Send nick miller a Private Message Click Here to Email nick miller Find more posts by nick miller Add nick miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Heard my dad tell of coon hunts with Black and Tans. I would day dream in school about having a couple of black dogs. After graduating high school we moved to the country. A few miles away was a big farmer that rumor had it, that he had some outstanding black dogs. So one day I stopped in and not only had I had a chance to hunt with some top dogs, but a great friendship was established. Ever since then I have always had dogs that went back to his strain. I've had good success with them.

Old Post 06-12-2016 02:48 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

I was the last of 6 in my litter , and my mother was all dried up , Dad had an old dog named Nellie Bell and I guess that's all the milk we had so I breast fed on her , I been hooked every since

Old Post 06-12-2016 03:01 PM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danny Fancher
UKC Forum Member

Eads that's a hanging curve lol

Old Post 06-12-2016 06:23 PM
Danny Fancher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny Fancher Click here to Send Danny Fancher a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny Fancher Find more posts by Danny Fancher Add Danny Fancher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JC_Johnson
UKC Forum Member

I got started when I was 14. me and a buddy was at a guys house n he had 2 dogs. a walker and a black n tan. the old man gave us his last 2 hounds. no papers or any clue how to coon hunt but them dogs knew and broke us in right. we had an old washer bolted on the back of a 4wheeler we used as a dog box. hahaha im 30 now and still run black dawgs. that old man is dead now and so is the dog he gave me but the obsession he gave me still keeps me going.

Old Post 06-16-2016 06:38 PM
JC_Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JC_Johnson Click here to Send JC_Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email JC_Johnson Find more posts by JC_Johnson Add JC_Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

My Grandfather had a Countywide famous little fiest black & tan with one front foot that was white. Thus the name white foot. He was the best squirrel dog in our County. And my neighbor started taking me squirrel hunting and he had an old black & tan that wasnt much of a squirrel dog but I liked the way he looked. We started taking him at nite and hunted him. I was about ten years old.
When I was 12 and 13 I bought my first two b&T's from R.D. Taylor and been huntin ever since. That was in 1977 & 78. At the same time I was introduced to a lady coonhunter, Mrs. Ruby, she became my mentor and taught me more about coonhuntin & black and tans than most men would ever learn and know in a lifetime.
Happy Tracks!
Larry's Hurricane B&T's

"KEEP THE BALANCE,VERTICAL WOOD & HORIZONTAL WOOD"

NITE CH GRCH. TIM'S HURRICANE CREEK DOZER HTX DNA-P (GrndSireBTTBCane)
NITE CH. LARRY'S HURRICANE HAWKGONE DNA-P (BTTB BlackHawk) 2018-2019 PERFORMANCE SIRE
CH. HURRICANE STORMIN LUCY LOU (Sire Ike) (Half Owner Jason & Joey of Hurricane Creek B&T Kennel II)
CH HURRICANE ATNITE BIG HOWLER (My 5th generation son!) (Sire Hurricane HawkGone) (GrandSire Dozer)
GR CH 3 IKE'S BLACK JOE (Sire- GrNiteChGrCh Cooper's Stormin Ike)
CH.HURRICANE CREEK ROGUE ONE (Sire Howler, Grand Sire HawkGone)
LARRY'S HURRICANE CREEK RAE (sire Howler, grand sire HawkGone)
BLACKBURNS BEE (Sire Blackburns Snuffy II)(Half Owner with Jon Kibler)
NEW HOUNDS IN THE KENNEL;
HURRICANE HARLEM'S HARLO (Sire Harlem)
HURRICANE KIBLER'S ANNIE (Sire 6 gun Albert)

Old Post 06-16-2016 09:56 PM
Larry B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry B. Click here to Send Larry B. a Private Message Find more posts by Larry B. Add Larry B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WATUSI
UKC Forum Member

How and why?

Gerald and Ronald Gregg of Dancin Creek Kennel they came by the house and asked if I would handle their Black Dogs . I never looked back .

Danny
Doug
Tommy

Old Post 06-21-2016 04:22 PM
WATUSI is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WATUSI Click here to Send WATUSI a Private Message Find more posts by WATUSI Add WATUSI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WATUSI
UKC Forum Member

How and why?

Gerald and Ronald Gregg of Dancin Creek Kennel they came by the house and asked if I would handle their Black Dogs . I never looked back .

Danny
Doug
Tommy

Old Post 06-21-2016 04:22 PM
WATUSI is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WATUSI Click here to Send WATUSI a Private Message Find more posts by WATUSI Add WATUSI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gene Raines
UKC Forum Member

Was getting into hunting and couldn't find any hound I wanted/liked and went to the Reece's house and saw Ace and Hobie. They had a young male outta Ace there and the 4th night out he was running and treeing and split treeing in a few months of hunting. Had his faults but that's how I got started in B&Ts

Home of:

PKC Silver Champion $5000+ Won; (Never in a UKC hunt) GR CH 'PR' Raines' Trusty II AKA "Thunder" (Trusty X Ox Female(Callie))

Gone But Never Forgotten: PKC Silver Champion($5444 won); UKC GR. Nt. Ch. 'PR' Raines' Rockytop Kansas TRUSTY (3 Generation All Grand)

----

Old Post 06-21-2016 11:34 PM
Gene Raines is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gene Raines Click here to Send Gene Raines a Private Message Click Here to Email Gene Raines Find more posts by Gene Raines Add Gene Raines to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edf61
UKC Forum Member

I single registered my first papered B&T in 1984. That dog, I had his sire and dam,I think he was born in 1981.

www.statecoonhuntersofmo.com
Home of:
GRCH,GRNITECH FRANKLIN"S ALNIGHT HAMMERIN HANNA , HTX[Youngest B/T female to make dual grand){13 B/T Sectional Queen of Hunt Wins}
CH,FRANKLINS ALNIGHT UGLY BUTTON { GRNTCH,GRCH UGLYSTICK / GRNTCH,GRCH FRANKLINS ALNIGHT HANNA }-FEMALE,1st place win

Old Post 07-07-2016 04:28 AM
edf61 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edf61 Click here to Send edf61 a Private Message Click Here to Email edf61 Find more posts by edf61 Add edf61 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

my first black was a Bailey's breed black female she was OK. But I meet a guy one at hunt by the name of Bryan Davis and he was hunting a dog by the name of Davis' Black Luke and he asked if I would be interested in a pup, at the time I was hunting English dogs (Ice Man x Hard time Speck) and I told him sure I would try one and we meet at a gas station and I picked out this little male he was just laid back off by himself and that was in 2000 and that dog was Dual Grand Stovall's Knight George. I have been hooked ever since and have made some truly great friends along the way.

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 07-14-2016 10:43 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

my first black was a Bailey's breed black female she was OK. But I meet a guy one at hunt by the name of Bryan Davis and he was hunting a dog by the name of Davis' Black Luke and he asked if I would be interested in a pup, at the time I was hunting English dogs (Ice Man x Hard time Speck) and I told him sure I would try one and we meet at a gas station and I picked out this little male he was just laid back off by himself and that was in 2000 and that dog was Dual Grand Stovall's Knight George. I have been hooked ever since and have made some truly great friends along the way.

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 07-14-2016 10:43 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I was drinking heavily the night I got my first black dog. After I quit drinking I sold the black dog and got a Holstein. Lol. Just kidding

Old Post 07-19-2016 04:06 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote