UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Super/Slams Grand Masters?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jdc
UKC Forum Member

Super/Slams Grand Masters?

Any word on these hunts for 2019?

Home of
'PR' Nt CH PKC Ch Rack EM UP Hype
'PR' Hammer Down Ricky Bobby
'PR' Trash Route Tiny
Co-owner Tyler Gilkey

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-22-2019 04:38 PM
jdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdc Click here to Send jdc a Private Message Click Here to Email jdc Find more posts by jdc Add jdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

btt

btt

Old Post 03-29-2019 03:37 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

No Super Slams. Hope to be able to get a sponsor on board for the GM and to have it. If it does happen, there wouldn't be any qualification requirements. First come first served advanced entry until filled.

Old Post 03-29-2019 04:21 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

How about a "gofund the GM" page on FB ¿ 🤷

Old Post 03-29-2019 04:56 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Allen

If it happens might as well have it in November and hunt 2 hours

Old Post 03-29-2019 05:07 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
Thanks Allen

If it happens might as well have it in November and hunt 2 hours

Might be too cold for you in November?

Old Post 03-29-2019 08:05 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

I can’t believe there is no sponsorship for this hunt. This could or should be one of the most prestigious/premier hunts of the year for UKC.

Old Post 04-05-2019 02:08 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I would think that World Championship, Purina Nationals, Autumn Oaks and Winter Classic would be the most prestigious hunts.

Old Post 04-05-2019 02:16 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I would think that World Championship, Purina Nationals, Autumn Oaks and Winter Classic would be the most prestigious hunts.

I’m probably a poor UKC historian...but I probably couldn’t tell you who won any of those hunts in the last several years other than the UKC World Hunt. IMO...this is the type of hunt that could draw the countries elite hounds and handlers. Give away a truck and limit the entries...people would be losing their mind to get qualified. Not to mention held in one of the best places in the country to coon hunt... on a weekend that draws thousands of hunters from all over the country...centrally located...seems like a lot to offer.

Old Post 04-05-2019 03:57 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdc
UKC Forum Member

It was a hunt I really enjoyed went every year it was held sure hope it can be salvaged.

Home of
'PR' Trash Route Tiny
Co-owner Tyler Gilkey

Old Post 04-05-2019 04:47 PM
jdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdc Click here to Send jdc a Private Message Click Here to Email jdc Find more posts by jdc Add jdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

What was the reasoning of cancelling the hunt?

Old Post 04-05-2019 09:24 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Sponsor backed out.

Old Post 04-05-2019 09:30 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

How many dogs hunt ? They only lost $5,000 sponsorship! Up the entry fee to make up the difference some of these boys pay a $250 entry every weekend. Everybody acts like this is all uncharted waters. The other kc's been doing it for years! I mean it's like you already got the blueprint what works and what don't. Just keep throwing stuff on the wall keep what sticks if somthing don't work don't do it again.

Study long study wrong !

Tar

Old Post 04-05-2019 09:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Over 90% of the money I've spent in the last few years on hunting equipment was spent with the past sponsors of this hunt. If it don't pay off for them you can't expect them to keep doing it. Not saying I know that's the reason they aren't

Old Post 04-05-2019 10:15 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

That wasent the reason Curtis but that's neither here nor there I have no connections but darned if I had a year to do it I think I could raise $5,000. The connections some got on this board that should not be a problem. You can't just stand outside with a bucket and expect it to fall in it. Unless they just don't want the hunt anymore.

Tar

Old Post 04-05-2019 10:22 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

super slam dead?

Can't believe the Super Slam died out already?
Guys rather go fight,argue,cheat over yellow slip and 10 plastic trophy?
All Super Slams I attended had wayyyyy less bs going on than what yellow slip hunts do.
Not 1 question mark or argument.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Last edited by 4play on 04-05-2019 at 10:40 PM

Old Post 04-05-2019 10:38 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
That wasent the reason Curtis but that's neither here nor there I have no connections but darned if I had a year to do it I think I could raise $5,000. The connections some got on this board that should not be a problem. You can't just stand outside with a bucket and expect it to fall in it. Unless they just don't want the hunt anymore.

Tar

You must not of read my last sentence. This is it: "not saying I know that's the reason they aren't"

Old Post 04-05-2019 10:53 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Now you know why but like I said neither here nor there sponsorships if you can't land a big fish you get several little ones. Plenty of people looking for tax write offs. If you land more than you need for one year carry it over to the next up the entry $50 there is $3,000 of it.

But I might be all wet on this one.

Tar

Old Post 04-05-2019 11:02 PM
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Just make the hunter foot the bill like the other KC does. Been doing it for years.

Find a good way for 32 dogs to qualify so the little man has a chance to get in. Sell 32 entries for $500 a pop. That’s $16k off the top plus people going to hunts for a purpose other than a yellow slip. Get a few smaller sponsors involved and away you go.

Old Post 04-06-2019 01:01 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Wes Coffman
Just make the hunter foot the bill like the other KC does. Been doing it for years.

Find a good way for 32 dogs to qualify so the little man has a chance to get in. Sell 32 entries for $500 a pop. That’s $16k off the top plus people going to hunts for a purpose other than a yellow slip. Get a few smaller sponsors involved and away you go.

I got Sombody thinking that's want I wanted.

Tar

Old Post 04-06-2019 01:50 AM
jdc
UKC Forum Member

I was under the impression that there was going to be a new format for this hunt that would only make it bigger and better. I guess that's on hold for now?

Home of
'PR' Trash Route Tiny
Co-owner Tyler Gilkey

Old Post 04-06-2019 04:02 AM
yadkintar
Banned

I am trying to refine my subliminal messaging y'all want this hunt you can make it happen.

Tar

Old Post 04-06-2019 12:41 PM
berger
UKC Forum Member

Super Slams/Grand Masters

I was hoping they would use the Super Slams to create a State race and from this the top 5 from each State would be qualified for the GM to get your 64 entries. Maybe it will still happen just will take a couple of years to get it put together.

With the amount of dogs and hunters involved in UKC hunts UKC has the opportunity to create some of the most prestige hunts with pay outs that can not be matched by any other kennel club. Especially $kc tunnel vision of current ownership and leadership as they get smaller and smaller.

319-201-8445

Old Post 04-06-2019 12:59 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

berger, I was wondering why no one else can see this. Including UKC. Kind of like a politician. I think UKC is scared to upset their base. Heck their base doesn't hunt anymore and all they want to do is make rules to govern dogs for 30 years ago. Please take a step in todays world and give those from today's generation what they need to keep them excited.

And HELL NO. No 3 hours hunts.

Old Post 04-06-2019 01:19 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Oh crap no Bruce I don't want no 3 hr hunts either. But I know that the 1 hour double header minie slams are the hunt of the future for the young folks. Here is a thought since everybody hunts together in them and it was a lot of people wanted to be able to hunt their grntch at the local level they don't need to include the the breed reps to tweek the rules in them I say throw caution to the wind and go for it.

Take the high point grntchs for the year for the grand masters.

Tar

Old Post 04-06-2019 01:33 PM