UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Coon come down
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

Coon come down

I had a weird one tonight and wanted to see if anyone else has had it. Dog struck and went around 600 yds at a good clip and fell treed. We heade to him and got about 100 yds away and he shut up but I could hear him fighting a coon. Before I got the rest of the way to him he started hunting up the creek. We couldn’t find a dead coon but we saw blood from the first tree to a hole at the base of a sycamore. I assume the coon came out and fought his way to that hole. Dog went on up the creek and treed in a bulldozer pile.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-30-2020 03:05 AM
Melblank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melblank Click here to Send Melblank a Private Message Find more posts by Melblank Add Melblank to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

I've had the same thing happen to me before with an english dog I owned in the early 00's havent had it happen since though but yes it can happen. Not sure what the coon thinks when they do that maybe they think they can sneak away or something not sure.

Old Post 12-30-2020 03:45 AM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Strange he didn't stay after seeing one go into a den

Old Post 12-30-2020 10:11 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

I am not sure if the coon made it into the hole or not. There was blood around it so that was my assumption but I guess they might have just fought there and he slipped away and made it to the bulldozer pile.

Old Post 12-30-2020 01:01 PM
Melblank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melblank Click here to Send Melblank a Private Message Find more posts by Melblank Add Melblank to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote