UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Alpha 100 vs 200
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

Alpha 100 vs 200

I had the 100 when I quit while back . Heard through the grapevine Mrs Santa is bringing me a new one ( 200 )

Is there any more differences on the distance of picking up the collar ? Any input would be greatly appreciated . Thanks & happy holidays

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-16-2020 11:14 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

You must’ve been very good

Santa only brings me bills.
I may be wrong, but I think the tracking abilities are the same, but the 200 handheld is supposed to be more user friendly

Old Post 12-17-2020 12:03 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Schofield
UKC Forum Member

I just got the 200i and I like it a lot better than the 100. Dont see a lot of difference in the range but much nicer to use

Old Post 12-17-2020 07:54 PM
Josh Schofield is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Schofield Click here to Send Josh Schofield a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Schofield Find more posts by Josh Schofield Add Josh Schofield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

Only 2 people got the 200 . Must not be too good , lol . Any pros or cons like to know ......

Old Post 12-19-2020 10:37 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Victor T
New UKC Forum Member

Hello. I own both a100 and a200i.

1) Both have identical reach.
2) The a200i is bigger in dimensions
3) the a200i is easier to navigate through different use modes due to the side keys. And is easier to manage your hounds, you can make packs in the menu. It has a multi-compass mode that may be useful to some.
4) in terms of battery life i have not come to a verdict yet
5) the screen is easier to read on the field especially if you use Birdseye imagery. The a100 has a blue tint on tje screen that makes it tricky sometimes. In the car thow the a100 screen seems a bit better. Also the screen of the a200 is flush with the handheld and that is an upgrade for me cause it doesn't get full if dirt as with a100.

In conclusion i prefer to use the a200i . I hope to give you an idea and not to be biased.

a100 - a200i https://imgur.com/a/liR7w0p

Old Post 12-25-2020 10:02 AM
Victor T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Victor T Click here to Send Victor T a Private Message Click Here to Email Victor T Find more posts by Victor T Add Victor T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fletch
UKC Forum Member

My son just upgraded to the 200, he likes the extras and understands the technology. He said I have to stick with the 100, bad enough fixing my fat finger mistakes on my 100, he’s not going to deal with me messing up a 200. One of the reasons he went to the 200 we run bear dogs with different groups, with the 200 he can set up groups of collars with no interference.

Old Post 12-25-2020 02:47 PM
fletch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fletch Click here to Send fletch a Private Message Find more posts by fletch Add fletch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drake Roberson
New UKC Forum Member

I’ve had a 200 for a month now and I love it. The only thing I’ve noticed is the battery life seems to drain a little quicker than the 100. But it’s definitely worth upgrading in my opinion.

Old Post 12-28-2020 07:14 PM
Drake Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Drake Roberson Click here to Send Drake Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Drake Roberson Find more posts by Drake Roberson Add Drake Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

The 200 if you download the Birdseye with the internet is kinda blurry to me . How can I get this 200 Birdseye clear like the 100 I had ?

Old Post 12-28-2020 07:23 PM