UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The thing we all dread
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gpent24
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
I simply yelled back I was sorry and I was getting my dog as quickly as I could. I got the feeling he was all talk the type of crap he was yelling at me. Bud had he actually started shooting I honestly don't know how I would have reacted.

I've heard running zig zags instead of straight lines makes it harder.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-08-2019 10:18 PM
gpent24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gpent24 Click here to Send gpent24 a Private Message Click Here to Email gpent24 Find more posts by gpent24 Add gpent24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Trevor

I would have done exactly what you did, now if the landowner would not allow me to do so, I would call the law. It just sounds like he was upset and just talking to scare you enough for you to stay away. Dave

Old Post 08-08-2019 10:28 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, try crawling on your hands and knees with your light out. It is no fun in waders.

Old Post 08-08-2019 10:56 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tarbaby, try crawling on your hands and knees with your light out. It is no fun in waders.

No thank ya !! We got rattle snakes and copperheads here out the wazoo !! I will take my chances on my feet I got moves like jagger and can do the Harlem shuffle.

Tarbaby

Old Post 08-08-2019 11:16 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Lol. Let's make a video of your evasion moves, it would be a best seller. Dave

Old Post 08-09-2019 12:15 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I was working my way through a neighborhood one night trying to get to my dog. We were on the edge of the national forest. An old man came out to see what his dog was barking at. He saw me on the road with my tracking antenna and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was trying to get to my dogs. He told me how to get to them and asked if I would take his barking fool dog too. I've also had a young cop come out in his underwear holding one of those cop flash lights over his shoulder cop style and trying to intimidate me. I was on the road and little did he know that I had my 38 special under my over shirt. If he had known that I had that gun in easy reach he wouldn't have been as brave.

Old Post 08-10-2019 12:45 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Freakyone

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
2 hotheads spell nothing but trouble, one hothead is enough! What happens when you either get killed or you kill him? If you pull a gun and he shoots you, then he can claim self defense. You should only pull a gun if he actually tries to harm you and that would be self defense. You are the one that's trespassing, not him. How would you react to someone trespassing on your land in the middle of the night? We sometimes forget, that not everyone coonhunts or understands what we are doing out there at night. It's always best to be humble and apologetic to an irate landowner, most usually calm down when we stay calm, no need to stir the pot with an attitude. Most landowners will not shoot you or your dogs, they are just upset and say things they do not mean. Let them talk all they want, they usually calm down and if they don't, call the law and let the law deal with them. Dave

Excellent advice...

Old Post 08-10-2019 09:56 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

My dogs treed behind a guys house one night. Just as I got to the tree, the Irate landowner came storming up toting a rifle. "Where is that son of a botch" he said. "I am killing him. He gets in my trash can and strews it all over my yard." It was at this point that I realized that he was talking about the coon. And he did shoot him out.

Old Post 08-10-2019 12:47 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

My big Walker treed one night and when I came out of the woods, I saw he was right next to a house. I figured no one was home since he was roaring on the tree and no lights were on in the house. The tree was about 2 feet from the front porch. I thought since no one was home I would shoot the coon. Just as I raised my rifle I heard a booming voice 4 feet from me on the porch. "WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" I said "Nothing, I just wanted to look at him through my scope." And Deuce and I were gone in a flash.

Old Post 08-10-2019 04:52 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I was hog hunting a big refuge with a few friends...my dogs were running a hog and we were trying to keep close with the 4 wheelers driving around swamps...staying on right of ways and pipe lines as best we could...my three dogs bayed solid right next to the road about three eighths of a mile from where we came up on the fence along the highway...my buddy says...there’s a house right there and they own a few miniature ponies and keep a few show pigs...he said this as he turned his gritty bulldog cross dog loose...my blood ran cold and my heart sank to my feet...I jumped the fence and take off running down the road as fast as this old man could run...early early in the morning and as I ran was dreading to hear gun shots...the two younger guys acted like they didn’t want to come along...I looked back and said come on I will need some help...I was thinking if I was confronted by someone and me alone it might get nasty...and with three of us it might go easier...I slowed to a walk once or twice to catch my breath and then I saw my buddies bringing up the rear...about that time one lone car was coming down that highway and it slowed turned in right where the dogs were fighting something...by that time the bulldog was there an it was on...not even a minute later I heard blood curdling screams coming in from a women and I stopped for a second...I wondering what would I say as I caught my breath and started running as fast as I could hoping to get there before shots were fired... I quickly thought I would pay for damages to minimize the situation...as I took off running again I took a quick look back and my two friends were running back where they came from once they heard the screaming...they tucked tail and were running like scalded dogs...I was thinking one hundred yards to go and just hopefully I can get there quick enough before shots are fired and hopefully diffuse the situation at hand...

I get there and the dogs had a big boar hog backed up against the post office and the post office employee was somewhat traumatized by all the banging and action...I immediately felt lots better...that post office must of been a rocking on account it probably is the smallest post office in Texas...

I told the lady all was going to be ok...she wouldn’t stop talking I finally told her we would talk once I took the hog down...she wanted to call the game warden bla bla bla...I told no problem...we are in constant contact with them on account of hunting the refuge...didn’t have to make any calls once we talked a little more...
I told my buddies...I killed the hog you both drag it out and do something with it...

Old Post 08-10-2019 09:12 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bad news

Tar was working on a video of his nifty moves to escape trouble and it happened. He had done some nifty moves but when he started the Harlem shuffle, he started to melt and we all know that a Tarbaby melting is not a pretty sight. Hindsight is always better, he should have known that tarbabies can't stand the heat. Last I heard, he was recovering albeit slowly. Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-11-2019 11:52 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Ain’t no chance of me getting snakebit or hot where I am lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-11-2019 11:57 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Lol. You better stay in that air conditioning. Dave

Old Post 08-12-2019 04:27 AM