UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Ohio Valley Bluetick Kennel
Pages (23): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
David and Kenny both texted me this morning. A couple super big trees that Poncho made that the coon wouldn't look or he would have advanced and David had a solo where he saw the coon but no one else did that kept him from advancing. Both Kenny and David drew former World Champions and hung in there with them. Just needed a coon to look at the right time and they would have advanced. Sometimes it is just a break in a cast that keeps a person from winning. They are both going to go for it again tonight.

Tell those ole boys to lay in there with em John! Great to see a couple blue dogs competing in a hunt like this! Blue dogs entered in multiple night elimination style hunts sure doesn't seem to be a common thing. I'd love to see more get entered up.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-26-2015 10:54 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Vic Stoll
Tell those ole boys to lay in there with em John! Great to see a couple blue dogs competing in a hunt like this! Blue dogs entered in multiple night elimination style hunts sure doesn't seem to be a common thing. I'd love to see more get entered up.

Well Vic they gave it a whirl but came up a little short in the end. Jesse did advance with his Walker dog but I won't hold it against him for hunting a Walker. lol. Jesse and his uncle Bill Wooten have done a lot of winning in that kennel club. I will still root for him even if his dog is the wrong color. lol.

Old Post 06-26-2015 04:10 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Looks like the good Lord was looking out for David Smith as his Sadie female is pregnant with Max pups. This will be a really good cross out of two nice hounds with outstanding pedigrees. He has several pups all ready spoken for from guys who have hunted with Sadie and Max's sister Jewell but will update once he sees what she has and raises. Good possibility that they will be superstake eligible but they will not be performanced. Dave told me about his casts at the nationals and old Jewell can hold her own with the high caliber White Dogs. Her brother Max is no slouch either.

My Lexy female out of Ohio Valley Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX and Gr Ch B&D Blue Little Lou is starting to show with her Ranger pups. Going to be some Blue pups hitting the ground in the Ohio Valley region real soon.

Max and Jewell's pedigree

------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Slife's Blue Rambo
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smiley's Misti Blue
------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
------------Smokey River Blue Spud
---------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
------------Nt Ch Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
------------Harlin's Ok Blu Punkin
------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
------------Gr Ch Oklahoma Hard Rock
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch Hefley's Bros KC
------------Hefley's Bros. May
Ch Nt Ch Douglas' Maxamillion HTX
------------Nt Ch Smokey River Chief's Chief II
---------Gr Nt Ch Mighty Blue Jake
------------Mighty Blue Glenda II
------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Tangi River Blue Easy
------------Gr Nt Ch Coz' Spare Time Spanky
---------Ch Nt Ch Tucker's Hammering Bl Frankie
------------Mighty Blue Glenda II
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Git'R'Done Maxy HTX2
------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
---------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Diamond Jim II
------------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
------Nt Ch Martin's Mighty Blue Raven
------------GrCh GrNtCh Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
---------Ch Mighty Blue Bobby Sue
------------Bushy Cr Bl Sue II

Ch Nt Ch Douglas' Maxamillion HTX

Last edited by ov_blues on 07-31-2015 at 09:01 PM

Old Post 07-02-2015 05:26 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I bred Sassafras to Ranger yesterday. Should be plenty of go and tree in their pups if they are like their parents. Me and my hunting partner are planning on hanging on to some of these pups If she catches.

Old Post 07-14-2015 12:57 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Stopped at Dave's Sunday and old Sadie is bigger than a barrel. She is due this Sunday but she didn't look to me like she could hold them in that long.

------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
------------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
------GrCh GrNtCh Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
---------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Hefley's Bros KC
---Ch Nt Ch Douglas' Maxamillion HTX
------------Gr Nt Ch Mighty Blue Jake
---------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Tangi River Blue Easy
------------Ch Nt Ch Tucker's Hammering Bl Frankie
------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Git'R'Done Maxy HTX2
------------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Diamond Jim II
---------Nt Ch Martin's Mighty Blue Raven
------------Ch Mighty Blue Bobby Sue
PUPS DUE THIS WEEK
------------FCh Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Vining Runnin Bullet
---------Gr Nt Ch Ch Bullet's Runnin' Rattler
------------Ch Turkey Creek Mandy II
------Gr Nt Ch Fouts Smokey River Sarge
------------Nt Ch Ch Triple D's Blue Couch Tatar
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Foley's Smokey River Blue Joey
------------Nt Ch Smokey River Grover's Blue Fly
---Nt Ch Smith's Powerful Blue Sadie
------------F Ch Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Vining Runnin Bullet
---------Gr Nt Ch Bullet's Runnin' Rattler
------------Ch Turkey Creek Mandy II
------Gr Nt Ch Fout's Sally
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
---------Kieslar's Blue Punkin
------------Nt Ch S.R. Chief's Ok Blue Nellie

Last edited by ov_blues on 07-31-2015 at 09:02 PM

Old Post 07-15-2015 09:34 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

The old girl is big as a barrell. I kinda thought she would have them by now. Not yet though. Lord willing they'll be here soon.

Old Post 07-18-2015 03:15 AM
David R. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David R. Smith Click here to Send David R. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email David R. Smith Find more posts by David R. Smith Add David R. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I said Thursday but I was wrong. Maybe she caught the second time we bred her. Hopefully Max will get his third Hunt Test pass tomorrow night so he will be HTX by the time the puppies are born.

Old Post 07-18-2015 04:01 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Mission accomplished last night. Max passed his third Hunt a Test to earn his HTX certification. He is now Ch Nt Ch HTX.

Old Post 07-19-2015 11:47 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Dave's Sadie female had 6 pups yesterday. She was eating, drinking and taking care of the pups but she was still big so Dave took her to the vet. She had 5 more pups in her but they were all dead. Hopefully Sadie doesn't develop any complications from the dead ones and is also able to raise the ones that she had.

Old Post 07-22-2015 02:19 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Ken Zuspan is going to partner up with me on my Rock male dog. I went hunting with Ken Sunday night and we took Rock and Ken's Gr Nt Angel II female. They ran and treed one coon together with Rock treeing a few seconds behind Angel and staying put. The next turnout Rock and Angel split up with neither finding a track but Rock ended up going in 800 yards. This was only Rock's 3rd night hunting and he has a lot of good actions about him. he is a year and a half old so he is a good age for Kenny to start pushing him in this country. I don't figure it will be long before Kenny and Rock will be seen at some hunts but time will tell.

---------------Gr Nt Ch Northern Blue Jet V
------------Gr Nt Ch Mead's Super Jet 6
---------------Whites Blue Sue
---------Gr Nt Ch Mead's Blue Jet Seven
---------------Warrier Creek C.W.
------------Yarbrough's Blue Bess
---------------Mead's Blue Bess II
------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Mead's Blue Jet 8
---------------Uchtman's Blue Ranger V
------------Ch Hot Wired Repo
---------------Genes Lock Tite Lacy
---------Notch Away Blue Teeny
---------------Northern Blue Pride
------------Acorn Shakin Blue Belle
---------------Rattlesnake Crk Star III
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Blue Creek Gauge
---------------Nt Ch Dryfork Blue Spud
------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
---------------Smokey River BB's J-Bell
---------Fch Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Vining Runnin Bullet
---------------Gr Nt Ch Coz' Spare Time Spanky
------------Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Crazys Blue Fly
---------------Gr Nt Ch Rob's Crazy
------Gr Nt Ch Coats' Bawl Creek Blue Hooker
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
------------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Stormy
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Ameling's Blue Misty
---------Gr Nt Ch Buffalo Creek To Tuf Betty
---------------Nt Ch Ch Illinois River Sport
------------Pattie's Blue Mike
---------------Mighty Blue Lou
Ohio Valley Blue Mad Dog Rock
---------------Ntch PR Smokey River JBS Chief
------------Ch Sweet Springs Blue Spider
---------------Smokey River Dizzy
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smokey River John
---------------Gr Nt Ch PR Ratliff’s Blue Joker
------------Murphy's Bonnie
---------------Smokey River Hoss’ Blu Star
------Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Mad Dog John II
---------------Nt Ch Arnett’s Midnight Ace
------------Nt Ch Mappin's Buglen Bueford
---------------Mad dog Blue Two Spot
---------Gr Nt Ch Mad Dog Two Gun Billy
---------------Mad Dog Scratch
------------Tater Creek Blue Rose
---------------Mad Dog Pee Wee
---Gr Nt Ch Mad Dog Tree Rockin Robin
---------------GrNtCh Northern Blue Jet V
------------GrNtCh Meads Super Jet 6
---------------Whites Blue Sue
---------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Jet 6 Indiana Blue Rocket
--------------GrNtCh Graham's Blue TNT
------------GrNtCh Treeslammin Blue Angel
---------------GrCh GrNtCh Northern Blue Cricket
------Nt Ch Mad Dog Little Lou
---------------GrNtCh Northen Blue Jet V
------------Ch GrNtCh Northern Blue Levi
---------------Northern Blue Crystal
---------Nt Ch Ch Levi's Northern Blue Lou
---------------NtCh Powell's Cotton Eye Joe
------------Powell's Blue Angel
---------------White City Blue Girl

Last edited by ov_blues on 07-23-2015 at 05:41 PM

Old Post 07-23-2015 05:39 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

pup update.

Looks like 5 is going to be the magic number. So far they are doing OK. Still very young yet and anything can happen.

Old Post 07-26-2015 07:57 PM
David R. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David R. Smith Click here to Send David R. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email David R. Smith Find more posts by David R. Smith Add David R. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

pup update.

Looks like 5 is going to be the magic number. So far they are doing OK. Still very young yet and anything can happen.

Old Post 07-26-2015 07:57 PM
BlueLabelKennel
UKC Forum Member

David

Sorry to hear about your bad luck .Hopefully ,the 5 left will make it for you.Good Luck w/ #5......Dave

Old Post 07-26-2015 08:41 PM
BlueLabelKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BlueLabelKennel Click here to Send BlueLabelKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BlueLabelKennel Find more posts by BlueLabelKennel Add BlueLabelKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bubba D's Blues
UKC Forum Member

Are they booked ? And could send yur phone # David?

Old Post 07-26-2015 10:02 PM
Bubba D's Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bubba D's Blues Click here to Send Bubba D's Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Bubba D's Blues Add Bubba D's Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

David it is good to hear that she is still doing good with the pups and that her and her pups are still ok. I'll come over and check them out soon.

Karen got another Best of Show on Rex Friday night but we weren't able to make it Saturday night. She is doing her best to get me back in the competition hunts to finish Max to Grand Night but we will have to see about that.

Pups on the way out of Ranger and females out of the Jimmy dogs. These crosses should produce some outstanding hounds.

Old Post 07-27-2015 06:46 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

As of now there won't be any Sadie pups up for sale. Thanks for the interest BubbaD. My number is 3045933770. I'd be glad to talk dogs or may have some other blood u might be interested in.
Congratulations on your wins John. I already know you have some nice dogs. Maybe if you start back comp hunting more ppl will see the same thing. If not I'll have to con you out of a mut or 2 ever once in awhile lol.

Old Post 07-27-2015 11:51 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks David. I really enjoy seeing other people have success with something that I have been a part of breeding. Makes some of the headaches worth it even more.

Old Post 07-28-2015 12:43 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Won a Best of Show with Rex this evening. Third in a row for him making Show Champion. He does a nice job on the hardwood too so expecting bigger and better things out of him in the future.

Old Post 08-02-2015 03:11 AM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

tune up night

Congratulations on Rex. Wish u luck with him.
I did a little tuning tonight instead of hitting the UKC hunt. After a few nights of looking like an idiot Ms. Jewel decided to be a coon dog again she made me proud. Mr. Slate on the other hand decided he liked the speed beef. And i found out he was good at chasing them around. Finally after 2 hrs of race i got my hands on him. We went for a ride after that looking in fields. After 2 field trials he didnt want to look at a white tail no more. I am glad to see he has some speed. Im liking him more each time out. His hunting is getting better as well as his mouth on track. He has been treeing better too. Kinda hate to part with him now. Ill have to make my mind up some time. I cant keep them all and i definitely have big plans for this litter of pups.

Old Post 08-02-2015 06:43 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

David

Thanks.
Whenever you get tired of feeding ole Jewel just give me a call. Lol. Those speed beef will help Slate's tracking ability. Should have gave him a chance to have about 10 more of those two hour chases. Have to run a lot of coon to get that much tracking experience. Lmbo

Old Post 08-02-2015 06:37 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

I thought it was funny for awhile. Jewel treed 2 coon while he was at it. After so long enough is enough. Lol he did sound pretty good though. Has more speed than I gave him credit for.

Old Post 08-02-2015 07:29 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Went hunting last night with Ken Zuspan. Ken hunted Poncho and the Rock dog out of Gauge and Mad Dog Robin that we are partnering up on, and I hunted Crystal. Made a couple turnouts and treed a coon in short order and then Poncho treed on a big tree with the other two backing him but we couldn't find the coon. Didn't do any squalling on that one though so as to not distract Rock any. Best of luck to Kenny in his future competition hunts with Poncho and it looks like he will have something else to push in the hunts before long if the Rock dog continues to progress. Rock has been out less than 10 times and has been on a couple different Gr Nt's rumps when they treed off of hot tracks. We will see what the future holds for him but he is off to a nice start even though it is a little late through no fault of his own.

Old Post 08-05-2015 06:37 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Going to be hunting hard this fall

Old Post 08-19-2015 05:38 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Getting it done the right way.

Three for three to earn his HTX certification

Three best of shows in a row to earn his champion degree. Pretty proud of the T-Rex.

Last edited by ov_blues on 08-19-2015 at 05:49 AM

Old Post 08-19-2015 05:45 AM
Craig Cooper
UKC Forum Member

Max is a good looking hound. I sure do miss his mother. She got killed by a car a couple of years ago. Maxy was a sweetheart. I hope your doing well.

Old Post 08-21-2015 01:37 PM
Craig Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Cooper Click here to Send Craig Cooper a Private Message Find more posts by Craig Cooper Add Craig Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote