UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > american cooner dec 08 issue
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
paul harris
UKC Forum Member

Letting all know this is Stalkers first coon at 5 month old, looks alot like Gunner.

My last season with him

Grandson to Stalker (Trackman's Tracker, age 2) super track dog, real good for having the coon.New owner Curt Aring.

PAnitehunter@aol.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-07-2008 02:06 AM
paul harris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for paul harris Click here to Send paul harris a Private Message Click Here to Email paul harris Find more posts by paul harris Add paul harris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

Better Pic of House's Gunner. Paul they are allot a like

Last edited by cliff mullenax on 12-09-2008 at 10:51 PM

Old Post 12-09-2008 05:55 PM
cliff mullenax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cliff mullenax Click here to Send cliff mullenax a Private Message Find more posts by cliff mullenax Add cliff mullenax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikemccomber
UKC Forum Member

Gunner

Cliff,

The picture of Gunner standing, he has a chuckle head and nice square muzzle like Stalker. I personally like that in the looks of a walker. What type of a mouth does he have?

Mike

Old Post 12-09-2008 11:12 PM
mikemccomber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikemccomber Click here to Send mikemccomber a Private Message Click Here to Email mikemccomber Find more posts by mikemccomber Add mikemccomber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff123
UKC Forum Member

gunner

mike his mouth is unbeliviably loud you have no problem hearing him in the woods

Old Post 12-10-2008 12:10 AM
jeff123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeff123 Click here to Send jeff123 a Private Message Click Here to Email jeff123 Find more posts by jeff123 Add jeff123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

Mike It's like Jeff said Unbelievably loud. This pup can cover two healthy dogs on a tree. I sold this pup to Jeff (big mistake) I have run dogs since I was 9 years old, to date I'm 50. This was the quickest , easiest starting pup I have ever seen bar none. If Jeff has good luck with him he will be something special. My female had 9 pups out of Stalker & I don't believe there was a poor acting one in the litter. 4 are running & treeing there own coon (no help) 2 are going to be run on coyotes (what a waste) the other 3 I haven't heard from. Like I said I would breed to him again & not hesitate. He produces coondogs not just dogs. JMO

Old Post 12-10-2008 01:09 AM
cliff mullenax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cliff mullenax Click here to Send cliff mullenax a Private Message Find more posts by cliff mullenax Add cliff mullenax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikemccomber
UKC Forum Member

Stalker's Dam

Cliff or Paul,

Do either of you have a picture of Stalker's mother, Grand Nite Champion Heath's Backwoods Windy? If not, do you know how she looked?

Old Post 12-11-2008 10:59 PM
mikemccomber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikemccomber Click here to Send mikemccomber a Private Message Click Here to Email mikemccomber Find more posts by mikemccomber Add mikemccomber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Hunter
UKC Forum Member

stalker looked just like her.also sounded like her

Old Post 12-12-2008 04:39 PM
David Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Hunter Click here to Send David Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email David Hunter Find more posts by David Hunter Add David Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
behrends_91
UKC Forum Member

Stalker

Mike,
What do you think are Stalkers strenghts and weaknesses?

Old Post 12-18-2008 09:56 PM
behrends_91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for behrends_91 Click here to Send behrends_91 a Private Message Find more posts by behrends_91 Add behrends_91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Hunter
UKC Forum Member

stalker was raised and trained right around me and i hunted with him up and till about 2 yrs ago

stalkers strenghts
good about having the coon
good mouth nice tree dog
work up an old track

stalkers weaknesses

dogs can mess with him
taps trees
would not hold alot of tree pressure
not fast on getting treed
does not hunt hard
loose around the tree

but he can reproduce on the right female i own the only dual grand out of him

Last edited by David Hunter on 12-19-2008 at 01:46 AM

Old Post 12-19-2008 12:24 AM
David Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Hunter Click here to Send David Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email David Hunter Find more posts by David Hunter Add David Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikemccomber
UKC Forum Member

huh??

Mr. Hunter,

May I ask what exactly are you smoking??

Old Post 12-19-2008 03:44 PM
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

The only weakness that dog has is he is all the way out in Illinois.

Old Post 12-19-2008 04:25 PM
David Hunter
UKC Forum Member

dont try to blow smoke up my behind i seen him leave trees that he had the coon and go to the other dog!! on a bad track if the coon taps 10 trees so will he you got to wait to he is chopping to tree him unless on a HOT track.also seen him go 100 yards from me turn around and look at us.the owner had to brake a stick to make him go.also dogs do mess with his head seen it done.you owned him for maybe 2 yrs and i hunted with him for 5 yrs so dont act like i dont know what im talking about. so have a nice day

Old Post 12-19-2008 10:07 PM
ORM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by David Hunter
dont try to blow smoke up my behind i seen him leave trees that he had the coon and go to the other dog!! on a bad track if the coon taps 10 trees so will he you got to wait to he is chopping to tree him unless on a HOT track.also seen him go 100 yards from me turn around and look at us.the owner had to brake a stick to make him go.also dogs do mess with his head seen it done.you owned him for maybe 2 yrs and i hunted with him for 5 yrs so dont act like i dont know what im talking about. so have a nice day

We have must of been huntin with two different stalker dogs.

Old Post 12-19-2008 10:22 PM
ORM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ORM Click here to Send ORM a Private Message Click Here to Email ORM Find more posts by ORM Add ORM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Hunter
UKC Forum Member

same dog i forgot every time a dog is sold he is so much better than he is he is just a country coon dog .he was raised and trained by paul harris then sold to dusty bear when he was 4 yrs old then dusty sold him about a yr ago for less than 2000 .ive hunted with him for his whole life till he was sold again. I HUNTED WITH THE DOG MORE THAN ANYONE BUT PAUL . IN PA HE NEVER WAS A FAST STRKE DOG OR TREE DOG. AND CAN GIVE NAMES OF PEOPLE THAT SEEN HIM LEAVE A TREE WITH A COON IN IT TO GO TO HUNTER OR A DOG NAMED TIMBER . stalker is coming 8 yrs old

Old Post 12-19-2008 10:56 PM
mikemccomber
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Cliff

If you ever get over this way, stop in and we'll go tree one. Weather is typical "winter" Illinois, snow and a bunch of ice on top of it right now. Due to the ice, can't even run the beagles right now.

Old Post 12-19-2008 11:41 PM
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

Would like to get Jeff to bring that Gunner pup down & see if he can stay with the old boy. Thanks for the invite, but maybe in the spring for I plow alot of snow & run my coyote dogs alot in the winter.

Old Post 12-20-2008 12:01 AM
behrends_91
UKC Forum Member

Stalker

Hey Mike,

With all the years of you coon hunting and winning it never gets easy does it? Proven bloodlines originating from Mr. Joe House, coupled with your buddies from Ohio and Indiana, gee, you must be missing something.

Old Post 12-20-2008 12:02 AM
behrends_91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for behrends_91 Click here to Send behrends_91 a Private Message Find more posts by behrends_91 Add behrends_91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
paul harris
UKC Forum Member

If your going to get on here and talk pedigree talk. Nobody is downing your dog. Hunter is not getting her accuracy from Angel and as far as Stalker I would take 10 more like him. After I sold him Dusty hunted for a short time then he was chained. Also when he was sold he was Grandnite then Grandshow at 2 yr. If you remember were Hunter came from she was no world champ herself the first year either, many sticks were broke on her. As far as Mike and Steve if you ever Superstake him I will buy a pup and sell it back to you if he turned out as good as Stalker. The only faults I saw in Stalker were he would never tree the first coon up and sometime would look at me when i walked into the tree. I don't know if Dave could ever find a good dog except for the one he owned, and not taking anything from Hunter.

PAnitehunter@aol.com

Old Post 12-20-2008 04:00 PM
paul harris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for paul harris Click here to Send paul harris a Private Message Click Here to Email paul harris Find more posts by paul harris Add paul harris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Hunter
UKC Forum Member

paul you and me and katie seen him leave a tree with a coon in it to go to her is that holding pressure and ask around here what they thought o f him he was breed 4 times in pa .hunter might of got one thing from staker thats good about having the coon.but she did not get how fast she is from him she does not tap trees also he has ran tracks the wrong way to did you forget that also hunter finished to grand at 2 and it was only 13 hunts she had a handler that was a rookie at it i only put 2 wins on her and also won cast and did not have enough for the win would glady hunt her against him

Last edited by David Hunter on 12-20-2008 at 07:50 PM

Old Post 12-20-2008 07:45 PM
paul harris
UKC Forum Member

Dave
You have no reason to talk about anyones dog because you don't have the perfect dog either like you think. You had your say so don't turn this into your arguing thread. I tried to call you 3 times so I see you'd rather type on here about a dog you never did like. Alot of other people did and I would buy him back today and be proud of him, and hunt him with any dog including Hunter. The guys on here don't see what you do and you seem to be the only one. Other people that have hunted with him seem to like him. I won't type back to you again so don't bother arguing with me on here. So let Mike and Steve have there say over there dog not you. Before you write anything back I put names on here and if people are interested they can call them not hear you. You have never said anything nice about anyone or there dog so hopefully people will know that.

To everyone else
Here are some people that have hunted with Stalker and you may call to ask about him and get the truth. These people had all hunted with Stalker while I had him. So don't miss out on a real good stud dog.

Fred Long 1-410-690-6917
Billy Gilbert 1-717-229-2245
Rene Dubel 1-410-357-8902
Billy Heath 1-410-346-7808
Dave Thomas 1-717-633-5046
Auther Tubie 1-140-346-7633
Havey Stonsieffer 1-410-465-6410
Dave Smith 1-717-600-0530
Bobby Scott 1-717-927-9045
Harry Scott 1-717-885-0240
Hugh King 1-717-862-3916
Jamie Shepherd 1-717-801-8571
Jeff Wilson 1-410-808-2151
Dusty 1-717-405-6226
Mark Micheal 1-717-471-4613
Keith Morgan 1-410-346-6448
Harry Watkins 1-717-248-3163
Joe Harrington 1-717-862-3629
Tim Yeager 1-717-244-5970

PAnitehunter@aol.com

Last edited by paul harris on 12-20-2008 at 08:58 PM

Old Post 12-20-2008 08:33 PM
David Hunter
UKC Forum Member

paul you should quit while you ahead half of them people would say all he is a country coondog nothing fancy half of them never liked the dog they would say takes to long all i did is when someone asked his strenghts and weakness i told them the truth they should call them numbers cause they would tell them.you could have bought him back he only sold for 1750 thats not that much when you say he is all that also i can give lots of names that would back what i said he is nothing fancy a dog that can tree a coon also paul if he was all that why did you sell him for 2500 and what did tracker go for . remember at the lancaster hunt you said if you could not get stalker to night champ you was gonna use hawk stalker was in alot of reg cast before he made night champ then he won 5 out of 7 night champ cast you can call ukc and see that he was in alot of reg casts cause they will tell you how many hunts it took him to make grand id say 17 or 18 hunts last time hunter hunted against stalker was bluetick state hunt she handed him his butt he is no where as fast as her she shut him out on 2 coon. you should have bought him he was for sale for 1750 not 10000 alot of people you put down on here will say the same as i did they should feel free to call them then they can get on here and say i was right they dont like him just a dog that can tree a coon around here you should be able to grand an average coon dog nothin fancy

Last edited by David Hunter on 12-20-2008 at 10:09 PM

Old Post 12-20-2008 08:49 PM
mikemccomber
UKC Forum Member

You are a 1st class act

Mr. Hunter,

I will respond to your last post, this time and never again.
I have a 14 yr.old son Kyle, a 17 yr.old son Tyson, and a very good friend of theirs, Jason who is 17. These boys think the world of Stalker. The morning they returned from taking Stalker to the Illinois State hunt, I will never forget. The sun was just coming up as they pulled into the driveway. Kyle handled Stalker and came home with his first, very nice plaque. You could not have painted a wider grin on his face. Tyson was the same. That is what this sport is about.

After that, the three boys got together and got on the UKC web site to see what RQE hunts were in our area. They set out to get Stalker qualified, which they did. They then got together and documented ALL of the hunting spots they had. What nights they could hunt Stalker, what days they could rode Stalker, and when to leave him up. That's what this sport is all about.

All three of these boys were quite excited when Paul started this thread. Kyle put many of our pictures on here. The boys have constantly checked on this thread about comments made.

Mr. Hunter, when you choose to publicly berate another persons dog, think hard before doing so. This sport truly needs members of the younger genration. Three of them are right here.

I could write pages about your comments. I choose not to. It's obvious to consider the source.

Last of all, Mr. Hunter, have a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Mike McComber

Last edited by mikemccomber on 06-09-2009 at 05:35 PM

Old Post 12-20-2008 10:28 PM
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

Well said Mike I agree 110%. I also agree with Paul Harris & I will hold my tounge on Mr. Hunter. God bless them boys tell them to keep up the good work I think thats "AWESOME" Merry Chirstmas To all

Old Post 12-21-2008 01:15 AM
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

HOUSE'S NIGHT STALKER

Old Post 12-21-2008 02:54 AM
paul harris
UKC Forum Member

Cliff,
Stalkers new owners are very lucky. Good hunting with Stalker. Nice picture Cliff of Stalker.

PAnitehunter@aol.com

Old Post 12-21-2008 11:14 PM