UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Big Game Hound Classifieds > Big Game Walker at Stud
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

We haven't bred any of our gyps this yr, but Highball has bred 5 other gyps in the last month that fellows have brought here. There may be pups availible from some of those crosses depending on if they took and how many pups they have.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-15-2013 10:09 PM
J.R. Walkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R. Walkers Click here to Send J.R. Walkers a Private Message Find more posts by J.R. Walkers Add J.R. Walkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiekhofers_walk
UKC Forum Member

ttrusic

I ended up bringing home a pup from bob when i brought down my female to bob. he's out of cheif and sassy. so far he's doing really good. if bob breeds daisy to one of his males. it'll be almost the same cross as highball. All the pups i had out of daisy are four months but are doing really good. i can't wait to see what she will throw with some white cloud blood. ill have to try to make it down there again and meet up and do some hunting with you guys.

Old Post 04-13-2013 03:33 AM
kiekhofers_walk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiekhofers_walk Click here to Send kiekhofers_walk a Private Message Click Here to Email kiekhofers_walk Find more posts by kiekhofers_walk Add kiekhofers_walk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J HUNT
UKC Forum Member

Breeding

My best female was just bred to Highball, pups will be due shortly after the 4th of July. This is Cracker's breeding, I used to do a lot of comp coon hunting before I switched to bear hunting.

-----Grnitech Stylish Reno
---GRNITECH Abbott's Elk River Rattler
-----Grnitech Abbott's Nocturnal Jodie

Hunt's Ridgetop Fire Cracker

-----Grnitech Abbott's Liquid Smoke
---GRNITECH Hunt's Rideptop Ruby
-----Nitech Grch Hunt's Ridgetop Rosey (Spring Creek Bred)

Cracker does it all from truck to tree, she is a great rig dog, lots of speed, medium nose, and has treed bear by herself. She is 6 yrs old and I finally found the right male to breed her too.

Littermate to Cracker - Nitech Slugger was bred to Highball's sister Kate w/very good results, I expect this litter to be even better!!

Pic of Cracker

Jason Hunt

Last edited by J HUNT on 05-11-2013 at 12:48 AM

Old Post 05-10-2013 11:30 PM
J HUNT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J HUNT Click here to Send J HUNT a Private Message Find more posts by J HUNT Add J HUNT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dlynch
UKC Forum Member

highball pups

Hello dennis and ya'll at jordan run kennels. Gona have 5or so male pups for sale out of my female. She is cutter breed on the bottom side and her father is deep hollow pete. Im gona try to get some pictures on here today and i will post her peddegree also. Thanks! Dion lynch (423)384-8322 call if ya got any questions.

Old Post 05-11-2013 08:57 PM
dlynch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dlynch Click here to Send dlynch a Private Message Click Here to Email dlynch Find more posts by dlynch Add dlynch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

Dion

I look forward to seeing some pics of those pups. There were a couple of guys down in Western NC that contacted us back in the fall looking for pups. I'll see if I can find their #'s and call them to see if they're still looking.

Good luck, Dennis

Old Post 05-11-2013 11:30 PM
J.R. Walkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R. Walkers Click here to Send J.R. Walkers a Private Message Find more posts by J.R. Walkers Add J.R. Walkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLUEDUCK
UKC Forum Member

Your pm box is full. I tried to reply but couldn't.

Old Post 05-13-2013 02:42 AM
BLUEDUCK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLUEDUCK Click here to Send BLUEDUCK a Private Message Click Here to Email BLUEDUCK Find more posts by BLUEDUCK Add BLUEDUCK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

Cleaned it out BLUEDUCK.

Old Post 05-13-2013 12:21 PM
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Old Post 05-31-2013 06:36 PM
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

After 6 years of hunting this dog, raising him from a pup, he still surprises me of what he can do, has done, and will do.... Everybody so far, sure are happy with their pups that come out of him

Last edited by J.R. Walkers on 06-11-2013 at 08:23 PM

Old Post 06-11-2013 03:24 AM
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

Jason

I was just wondering if she was showing yet. We're always excited to hear a good gyp is getting ready to throw some Highball puppies. Cracker is a nice hound and these should be some real nice pups.

Last edited by J.R. Walkers on 06-22-2013 at 04:08 AM

Old Post 06-22-2013 04:05 AM
BEARS DEN
UKC Forum Member

pups

I was wondering when some pups may be available off highball?

Old Post 07-10-2013 03:23 AM
BEARS DEN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEARS DEN Click here to Send BEARS DEN a Private Message Find more posts by BEARS DEN Add BEARS DEN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEARS DEN
UKC Forum Member

Whats ur females ped?

Old Post 07-10-2013 11:55 AM
BEARS DEN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEARS DEN Click here to Send BEARS DEN a Private Message Find more posts by BEARS DEN Add BEARS DEN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

Here's a pic of J HUNT's pups from his Cracker gyp and Highball.

Old Post 07-14-2013 03:07 PM
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 07-24-2013 02:55 AM
Lookn up
New UKC Forum Member

pm box is full

Old Post 07-31-2013 04:30 PM
Lookn up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lookn up Click here to Send Lookn up a Private Message Find more posts by Lookn up Add Lookn up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

OK try it again cleaned some out.

Old Post 07-31-2013 09:07 PM
easttntrapper
UKC Forum Member

Any highball pups getting put on bear. If so how they doing?

Old Post 08-22-2013 08:59 AM
easttntrapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for easttntrapper Click here to Send easttntrapper a Private Message Click Here to Email easttntrapper Find more posts by easttntrapper Add easttntrapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

Yes
The first cross from Highball were born last July. We kept one and are in contact with 4 of the others who have pups. All are running bear and most are treeing well. The one we kept is turning into a very good rig dog and when she strikes we have put her down to start the track. She is not treeing the best yet but after she see some in the tree in the daylight she will come on. We also have a pup that was born this past Jan. and he is going with the other dogs. The dogs crossed the road last week on one and we packed him in and he came out 2.6 miles later with them. Just need him to see some bear this training season. How's your pup from Dion doing?

Last edited by J.R. Walkers on 08-22-2013 at 06:30 PM

Old Post 08-22-2013 06:28 PM
easttntrapper
UKC Forum Member

He is a real good acting pup. Only been working him on handling and manners so he aint started yet. He does trail the old barn cats around when I let him out to run in the mornings. He has been doing that since he was 2 months old. I really like him. Another month or 2 and I will start sending him with the coondog and I may put him on a bear in Dec.

Old Post 08-22-2013 07:44 PM
easttntrapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for easttntrapper Click here to Send easttntrapper a Private Message Click Here to Email easttntrapper Find more posts by easttntrapper Add easttntrapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lookn up
New UKC Forum Member

I like mine, doing good trailing with momma.

Old Post 08-24-2013 01:37 AM
Lookn up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lookn up Click here to Send Lookn up a Private Message Find more posts by Lookn up Add Lookn up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
easttntrapper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lookn up
I like mine, doing good trailing with momma.

what litter is your pup from?

Old Post 08-24-2013 02:21 AM
Lookn up
New UKC Forum Member

January litter.

Old Post 08-24-2013 07:01 PM
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

Lookn up

Derek just got in from hunting and said the Rocco pup he got from that litter stayed with Highball on a 6 mile chase and he caught them coming into the highway when the bear crossed. They had it treed several times but couldn't keep it up. He said he was barking well on the track when he caught him.

Old Post 08-24-2013 09:45 PM
Lookn up
New UKC Forum Member

Glad to hear that. Litter mate to rocco is cold trailing and making trees now. Getting ready to start his brother.

Old Post 08-25-2013 04:20 PM
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

All the hunters that I've talked to about the pups out of Highball that were born last winter and early spring are happy with the way they coming along so far. My son has a gyp out of Highball and a bluetick gyp(yes a bluetick) that was born last July that he's put down several times to start the track and she does a great job. I'm right impressed with her at such a young age.

Last edited by J.R. Walkers on 10-08-2013 at 11:32 AM

Old Post 10-08-2013 11:21 AM