UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Big Game Hound Classifieds > Hillbilly Layback Smokey
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

Hillbilly Layback Smokey

I used to live for the ukc night hunts. I loved them, back in the day to talk to me about doing something other than competition hunting on Friday or Saturday, wouldn't get you far.

I went so hard for 15 years it wasn't funny. I co-owned a walker dog name GRNITECH HILLBILLY Mr. BO JANGLES, with the greatest partner a guy could ask for TODD HAMILTON from Circleville Ohio. BO Jangles reproduced his way to #6 current reproducing sire in the world. He pups won all over the country and Canada!

While I am still coon hunting and breeding our Line of walkers! I switched gears a little 4 years ago. MY Bo dogs was always known for the drive and heads up track driving ability. So, I decided to take the Last LIVE BREEDING MALE PUPPY I had from BO JANGLES and try my hand at bear hunting. Something I had done a little each year since I was a kid, but never used my dogs for. Back then I thought it was a sin to use my dogs for anything but coon. I always went with other people who had the Bear dogs.

Any way I am introducing to the World! My next stud dog. This time with out all the fancy titles or trophies setting all around. I have none of that to show you. All I have is the proof of the catch and many many names and phone numbers of people who have followed This dog over the last 4 years.

Smokey is a rig to tree bear dog. Treed many many bear by himself. He trees great with or with out other dogs, Sets back on his butt and trees like a machine gun. He carry's ever trait you would look for a in a BIG TIME COON DOG, with the grub up an old track to the heads up fast as hell on the ground track ability that Any Top beardog has.

Smokey has a monster bawl on track, with a huge coondawg locate as he comes treed. It really is fun to watch and listen to! He has the heart and stamina to run all day. The guts to stay with a mean bear, the bite to put him up, and brains not to get cut!

He will be 5 years old this summer. I am looking to breed a few females before I start back to hunting him in April!!!

If you are interested call Me 304-782-1551 or 304-629-7407.
I got plenty of names and numbers for references

CLICK HERE TO WATCH A YOUTUBE VIDEO OF SMOKEY
https://youtu.be/JffgN1OKWuM

Follow Hillbilly Kennels On Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/hillbillykennelsofwv?mibextid=ZbWKwL

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
GRCH GRNITECH HILLBILLY MR. BO JANGLES
CH GRNITECH HILLBILLY OLE SOUTH CHECK MATE
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Last edited by WVHillBilly on 02-16-2016 at 01:57 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-2016 10:14 PM
WVHillBilly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WVHillBilly Click here to Send WVHillBilly a Private Message Click Here to Email WVHillBilly Find more posts by WVHillBilly Add WVHillBilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

Another video

First tree
https://youtu.be/Z-Ii65XVXXU

Second tree, this time it stayed!!
https://youtu.be/_uzeV668oy8

This video, Smokey had been treed for hours. The bear had came out the first time right as we got to the tree and smokey put it back up after another 600yr chase. Took us hours to get into them. Treed in the High Falls area of Upper Shavers.

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Last edited by WVHillBilly on 02-11-2016 at 04:14 AM

Old Post 02-10-2016 11:36 PM
WVHillBilly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WVHillBilly Click here to Send WVHillBilly a Private Message Click Here to Email WVHillBilly Find more posts by WVHillBilly Add WVHillBilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JW Smith
UKC Forum Member

Jr I think you are doing a great thing my dog out of Bo is 9 now and is one heck of a bear dog and has produced a pretty good litter himself. If anyone likes dogs that can take a cold or hot track and stick with it and have the meat you won't be disappointed in this bloodline they have nose and brain

Old Post 02-11-2016 06:54 AM
JW Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JW Smith Click here to Send JW Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email JW Smith Find more posts by JW Smith Add JW Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

https://youtu.be/6fVwdH3rpQg

Another video to watch!

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Old Post 02-11-2016 02:49 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

doesn't matt mcallister hunt with you some

Old Post 02-12-2016 01:40 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

yes alot

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Old Post 02-12-2016 11:32 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by WVHillBilly
yes alot
yea he's a pretty good boy i know his dad and him my buddy larry sharp came with him on a hunt said he really enjoy it

Old Post 02-12-2016 11:35 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattmccallister
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-13-2016 03:32 AM
mattmccallister is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mattmccallister Click here to Send mattmccallister a Private Message Click Here to Email mattmccallister Find more posts by mattmccallister Add mattmccallister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

hey matt this is butch i'll tell larry ya got him on the big time post lol talk to him yesterdfay he's in florida enjoying the warm weather

Old Post 02-13-2016 03:52 PM
BornAganBeagler
UKC Forum Member

Had a male out of bojangles he would have been 10 i think. Altough i never heard bojangles tree my male sounded exactly like smokey. Nice hound !

Old Post 02-13-2016 04:09 PM
BornAganBeagler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BornAganBeagler Click here to Send BornAganBeagler a Private Message Click Here to Email BornAganBeagler Find more posts by BornAganBeagler Add BornAganBeagler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BornAganBeagler
Had a male out of bojangles he would have been 10 i think. Altough i never heard bojangles tree my male sounded exactly like smokey. Nice hound !

https://youtu.be/LTPIp7DGUEQ

VIDEO OF BO JANGLES TREED!

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Old Post 02-14-2016 10:59 PM
BornAganBeagler
UKC Forum Member

I sold my male to a guy in grant county after he started running and treeing bear. Im no bear hunter but started treeing bear every time out so i sold him. Not trying to steal your thread but wanted to tell the tale of my hound from bojangles.

Old Post 02-15-2016 01:15 AM
BornAganBeagler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BornAganBeagler Click here to Send BornAganBeagler a Private Message Click Here to Email BornAganBeagler Find more posts by BornAganBeagler Add BornAganBeagler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

ANOTHER VIDEO OF SMOKEY

https://youtu.be/QBpw481Y1ZA

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Old Post 02-15-2016 02:35 AM
Wes D.
UKC Forum Member

Is Smokey's dam a layback hound?

Old Post 02-15-2016 10:48 AM
Wes D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes D. Click here to Send Wes D. a Private Message Find more posts by Wes D. Add Wes D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

She was a hound we owned. This is going to be the part that blows your mind. Smokey is a heads up track driving son of a gun, and His mom is a nitech Direct of RAT ATTACK!. He got his tracking ability our of his daddy.

He has the big time coon dawg pedigree. His brother is a Grnitech, He for sure could have been. But I started him straight on bear at 13 months old. I had lots of coondawgs at that time.

Another Picture of him

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Last edited by WVHillBilly on 02-15-2016 at 06:34 PM

Old Post 02-15-2016 06:21 PM
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Old Post 02-15-2016 06:37 PM
Wes D.
UKC Forum Member

Todd told me you was having excellent results running yall's lines on bear. Currently running a young freeze gyp of my own on bear. Hats off to both of you for what y'all have done in the coonhound world and now the big game world. When your throwing 1 dog bear packs your doing something right.

Old Post 02-15-2016 10:04 PM
Wes D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes D. Click here to Send Wes D. a Private Message Find more posts by Wes D. Add Wes D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

Todd and I love our line of dogs, Its Coming on 15 years I been hunting this line. I know the strengths and weakness of them. Smoke has a treed plenty by himself, but I got 4 bear dogs. All my bloodline.

Smokey was sent to the mountains and started at 13 months old by some boys who know what bear dogs are. They did a great job starting him up. Thanks to the Cook Boys, father and son team. The next 2 years and with the help of my buddy Matt McCalister, We polished him to a pretty descent hound.

One thing we don't do is cross train bear and coon. While my kennels are full of the same bloodline. They are only one or the other.

Kind of a shame cause Smokey would have been a big time coondawg too.

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Old Post 02-16-2016 01:20 AM
mattmccallister
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-16-2016 05:02 AM
mattmccallister is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mattmccallister Click here to Send mattmccallister a Private Message Click Here to Email mattmccallister Find more posts by mattmccallister Add mattmccallister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattmccallister
UKC Forum Member

upload img

Last edited by mattmccallister on 02-16-2016 at 06:06 AM

Old Post 02-16-2016 05:17 AM
mattmccallister
UKC Forum Member

imagur

Old Post 02-16-2016 06:10 AM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

nice pics guy's well matt im outa the the coondog bussinees my legs is shot couldn't hunt that young gyp i had enough guy over in ohio come got her 1 st nite out she she got 1st strike on the drops and split tree on the 3rd drop from his grandnite dog he really likes her so far

Old Post 02-16-2016 01:55 PM
mattmccallister
UKC Forum Member

Well you will just have to start going and being a truck man haha

Old Post 02-16-2016 07:02 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mattmccallister
Well you will just have to start going and being a truck man haha
lol ain't gonna do that not sure what im going to do that was probly my last hound though tell the ole man i said hey haven't seen him in a while

Old Post 02-16-2016 07:31 PM
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Last edited by WVHillBilly on 02-17-2016 at 06:32 PM

Old Post 02-17-2016 06:30 PM