UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > this Covid is no joke.. Round 2
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

this Covid is no joke.. Round 2

I cut a hound loose last night for the first time in just right at 4 weeks.

My wife is still under the weather a good ways, she's had it longer than me.

Second round for me, I had it in June-July about like she has now..

We have a dear family member in ICU now who we are concerned if they will make it. Lost my first cousin at 55 6 weeks ago to it..

They offer a vaccine and I'm darn sure taking it.. Can't be worse than dealing with this stuff..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-07-2021 02:54 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Larry

I am with you!! Got virus 15th November. Not really sick but energy drain! Have not been able to hunt much. Last night was the 1st I haven't had to sit and rest to go on. 1 1/2 to 2 hr. hunts have seemed like all nighters. and only 1 or 2 nights a week.

I will be in line to get my shot.

Randi Bidlack

Old Post 01-07-2021 04:50 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

Larry - Curious, did you test positive both times? Dr's are saying that a 6 month immunity should be the minimum. You were right at 6 months...

Old Post 01-07-2021 06:19 PM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Larry Hall

Larry, Ron Manis has Covid, got sick Thanksgiving tested positive Dec3, he has had a real bad time. We have NOT coon hunted since he got sick, he is starting to do better and we hope to get back to coon hunting soon. Hate to hear you are sick or were sick, sure glad you are doing better. Covid definitely is no joke, did not know if Ron was going to make it or not, of course he is 83 and it's definitely harder on older folks. Hope your wife gets better. Dave

Old Post 01-07-2021 11:37 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

I tested positive on December 3rd too. Kept me out of woods for 3 weeks. That's the longest I've ever gone without hunting during season. The last week and a half of that time, I just didn't have the energy to go.

Old Post 01-08-2021 05:25 AM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

IVAMEC

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 01-08-2021 11:22 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the kind words gang..

Dave, Please give Ron my best.. Really enjoyed the time spent hunting with you folks. Hope he gets a complete recovery. My Wife's uncle who is 80 and the man who started me on treeing walkers and taught me how to hunt, skin a coon, put up fur is our family member who is in the hospital.. We are very concerned for him..

Our Dr. prescribed Ivomec as soon as my wife tested positive and started me on it at the same time. I came down with it 5 days after she did and had a far easier time.. There is some thought it was the Ivomec early that helped me. Also round 2 made it likely I still had the ability to fight it off..

Was far easier and shorter in round two.. I was sick for 6 weeks earlier in the year..

Old Post 01-08-2021 02:17 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Larry Hall

I will tell Ron what you said, we had a great time hunting with you. You are definitely my kind of coon hunter and tough as a pineknot. I hope your wife's uncle recovers soon, it's definitely harder on older folks. Hoping your wife gets better soon, tell her it won't be long until mowing season will start again. She has one of the nicest kept lawns that I have ever seen. You guys sure have a beautiful place and take real good care of all you have. Hope you are back to treeing those Indiania coons. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 01-09-2021 at 07:24 PM

Old Post 01-08-2021 11:15 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave. I will pass on the kind words to Jodie. She takes some pride in her home for sure.

Take care and be safe.

Old Post 01-09-2021 02:45 PM