UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > slam
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

slam

Someone please explain what a slam hunt is and a mini slam.....thx.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2017 02:05 AM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jstrong_45
UKC Forum Member

I will offer what I know. In UKC slams and mini-slams all dogs hunt in the same class (registered, nitech, & grnitech). The hunts are conducted under championship rules (basically saying off-game means automatic scratch). All cast winners will receive a 1st place win towards nitech or grnitech. And the 4 highest scoring cast winners will win money and have the option for a spilt or can hunt it off for actual position. Number of dogs entered determines amount of money rewarded.

Old Post 04-02-2017 03:08 AM
jstrong_45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jstrong_45 Click here to Send jstrong_45 a Private Message Find more posts by jstrong_45 Add jstrong_45 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Thank you very much!

Old Post 04-02-2017 03:19 AM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
High Point
UKC Forum Member

Do these qualify you for the world?

Old Post 04-02-2017 09:12 AM
High Point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for High Point Click here to Send High Point a Private Message Find more posts by High Point Add High Point to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

No only the RQE's qualify your dog for the world, also not all cast winners in a Slam event earn wins towards your title, its the top 4 scores only. But if you win your cast with plus points BUT don't have enough to make final 4, youll get your entry fee back.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 04-02-2017 09:39 AM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cowboyred
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jkidd1
No only the RQE's qualify your dog for the world, also not all cast winners in a Slam event earn wins towards your title, its the top 4 scores only. But if you win your cast with plus points BUT don't have enough to make final 4, youll get your entry fee back.

This is not entirely accurate, there are also SLAM Qualifiers where the top 4 plus point cast winners qualify for the zones as well, not just RQE's

Old Post 04-03-2017 07:52 PM
Cowboyred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cowboyred Click here to Send Cowboyred a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyred Add Cowboyred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Hmmm . . . Never heard of a Slam Qualifier.

I know the RQE's give out 10 places and qualify you for zones if they have that many cast.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 04-03-2017 11:10 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cowboyred
UKC Forum Member

you are correct about the format of RQE's. SLAM Qualifiers are available with prior approval from UKC and the top 4 cast winners with plus points are then qualified. They have been available for several years but I'm not entirely sure how UKC determines which clubs can host these events. Several clubs in our area have been hosting 2 per year for quite some time.

Old Post 04-03-2017 11:21 PM
Cowboyred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cowboyred Click here to Send Cowboyred a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyred Add Cowboyred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote