UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Counterfeits
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by benderb4
Disagree there.

I can honestly understand that if a stud dog has won numerous hunts . If dog is retired to the stud pen
Owner and dog have nothing to prove
Breeding in stud pen is more valuable then a customers hurt feelings.

First of all I would rather hunt with his off spring.
Every one wants to say I hunted with old So And So...Me included .
I am not getting what that stud dog is..
I AM GETTING WHAT HE REPRODUCES !

I know of may dogs that were counterfeit but reproduced and vise versa.
Just a tool to measure what you might get in the off spring.

i agree that seeing pups off stud is more important. But I don't buy the too valuable to hunt line. Bone was hunted til he died. Pretty sure Big D was too.

Lone Pine North

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-09-2021 02:34 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

A top hound in today’s market is to valuable not to hunt. I’ve seen to many dogs win yearly salaries in a short amount of time with the way these hunts are set up now

Old Post 03-09-2021 03:09 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by N Williams
A top hound in today’s market is to valuable not to hunt. I’ve seen to many dogs win yearly salaries in a short amount of time with the way these hunts are set up now

Exactly! There are only a couple studs being bred to frequently enough to actually make $.

And if you've retired a healthy dog to sit in kennel the rest of his life, shame on you.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 03-10-2021 03:16 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

I sure can’t argue with that, Lone Pine.

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 03-10-2021 03:41 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote