UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Who has it?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lancewright
UKC Forum Member

Who has it?

I'm trying to find a stud/male dog with the following qualities in the order of importance to me as listed. I know in the past I have had disagreements with people on describing dogs to me and not getting what I thought they described.Looking back on it I don't think they were lying but what they called one thing was totally different than what I defined it as,therefore I will define what I call each topic.
1: independence/ defined to me as a dog that will absolutely not cover no matter what,not talking about a dog that gets split treed some,but a dog that if you turn three dogs loose on hot track,he goes opposite,split all night style of dog,completely deaf
2.hardgoing: define to me as a dog that hustles the entire night,he doesn't have to go a mile every drop because that means nothing to me,but I'm talking about a dog that hunts a patch of woods out hard and quick,and then keeps moving out,getting a mile or further if need be but not passing up coons in the process,,,and this definition is by himself only,if he does this with 3 other dogs only and won't do it by himself then my definition of hard going doesn't apply. I will also add that he should be a high end strike dog,while everything is peeing on bushes he should be out 500 yards struck ,I think hard going dogs should mean quick strike dogs due to hustle and heart
3.accuracy: definition to me is looking at coons only,circle trees and den trees are considered slick to me,I know there are circumstances where u won't be able to shine a tree due to undergrowth etc.but in my experience I've climbed enough dens and shined enough circles to take my chances and bet they are slick,,,if I was betting I would win most of the time.
4.track driving: definition to me is whatever track they strike they move it quick,don't bark in the same place twice, and are exciting to listen to,don't want to fall asleep listening to one work a track,don't mind striking a bad track but want them to get it up and moving quick,don't care if they are hot,cold, or medium nose,just want whatever kind of track they struck,to have it up and running quick.
5: nice tree dog: define to me as they can stand off the tree,squat on butt,have two front feet on tree,bawl,chop,,etc:just no chewing,jumping,face barking,jacking the tree,don't have to be hundred barks a minute,all though the harder the better,but a good steady bark,stay put no matter what,also no bumping trees all over the woods,must be a one bark pull the trigger style tree dog
6.mouth: definition to me is prefer a bawl or squall on track,good locate and nice steady chop on tree,this is just what I prefer but if the dog has the other characteristics I'm looking for, I'm open to different kinds of mouths.
7.straight:definition to me is one that was born fairly straight messed with junk when younger but corrected himself as hunted or was corrected with minimal training,and being older very few problems and could turn into a pack full of coyote dogs and not join in
8.kennel manners: define to me as quiet in pen most of the time with exception such as feeding,and absolutely no craping in feed bowl,water bowl,smearing it all over kennel,dog house etc,crap in one place type of dog,
9. No shyness: define to me as no cowering down or having a hard time getting your hands on it,dont mind human interaction,don't have to be completely hard headed but can take medium correction.
10:looks: define to me as a blocker type head,not loaded with tan,fine hair,and darker tan,don't prefer dew claws but can live with that and white to I it was the right dog,could actually live with any kind of looks if it had all the other qualities I was looking for.
11:no meanness: define to me as I don't want a dog to back off a tree if a rough dog is around,not quit treeing,don't mind backing off few feet to try and stay out of trouble but hold tree and get ugly if have to,no face barking or jockeying for position,in other words,don't ever start anything or antagonize other dogs,but stand up for yourself if need be

Looking for a dog that is throwing this in his pups,bloodline doesn't matter and open to non pr black dogs,don't care if he has 10 pups or 500 pups as long as he was bred to some different females with the MAJORITY as good results. Looking for something that throws natural early starters. I think I should only have to do minimal correction and the only real training I have to do is dropping the tailgate,if I have to man make I'm not interested. I know I probably can't get all my wants and I'm definitely open to giving on the last 6-10, but I'm pretty firm on the first 5.please let me know what u have,if I need to clarify further feel free to let me know,thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-17-2014 03:24 PM
lancewright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lancewright Click here to Send lancewright a Private Message Click Here to Email lancewright Find more posts by lancewright Add lancewright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Duncan
UKC Forum Member

Just curious, you said 10 to 500 pups.what dog with low numbers could have ever been breed to more than one to two females.i love what your looking for but I honestly don't think you could find it in any breed.independence is king.but I would never want a dog that was cut loose eight on top of a coon to turn and run the other direction.
they are breed to get the meat..independence I love but it can be so overrated sometime.not picking a fuss at all.just being honest.everyone will jump and say they got the stud to produce it,but I honestly think the dog you are looking for will have to be man made and several culled in the process.several..

Old Post 10-17-2014 03:43 PM
John Duncan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Duncan Click here to Send John Duncan a Private Message Find more posts by John Duncan Add John Duncan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skidiver
UKC Forum Member

A dog that won't back another on a hot track will get shut out in places with a thin coon population. Two coon a night is a lot in some parts of the Country...

Old Post 10-17-2014 04:33 PM
skidiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skidiver Click here to Send skidiver a Private Message Find more posts by skidiver Add skidiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George Hobbs
UKC Forum Member

I have a dog that comes close. But first what is the female you are wanting to breed like?

Old Post 10-17-2014 07:02 PM
George Hobbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George Hobbs Click here to Send George Hobbs a Private Message Click Here to Email George Hobbs Find more posts by George Hobbs Add George Hobbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lancewright
UKC Forum Member

I apologize when I said 10-500 pups.I realize that with 10 pups it would be hard to analyze what a dog was throwing.what I meant is I don't care if it's a dog that no one has ever heard of or one that's advertised every month,just as long as it has enough pups to determine what he seems to be throwing.i also know abou thin coon as I live in south texas and in some places I hunt we have more rattlesnakes than coons. I also have a dog that is independent to a fault and your right,sometimes it cost you when coons are't stirring,but overall,I would rather live with losing out on getting some of the others points and have that dead loaner even though sometimes it will bite you.I also know what I'm looking for is hard to find and I might not get it all in one breeding,but I'm looking for a building block,something that will compliment my dogs strengths and help out on her holes,and in the future be able to consistently produce some of the desired traits I'm looking for.....George Hobbs,,,my dog fits the bill in # 1,2,3,7,8,9,10,11.A few of her holes are sometimes she grubs whatever track she strikes and trails it until she finally gets treed and sometimes I feel it takes her to long or she makes a track harder than what it should be.Also I think sometimes in certain woods she should be making more trees than she does,and in te heat of the summer she will chew a bit and I don't care for that. Therefore to me she lacks in #4 and #5 for those reasons.However,she is a dead loaner,will not be with other dogs,and hard going,but sometimes I feel she doesn't hunt out the woods and covers to much country before hunting the area around me.Iam willing to show her in the woods though by herself or with company to anyone who would wan to see her go.i hope I'm describing her right,but it's hard to explain her typing how she is.She definitely has holes but also has strong points,if you want me to describe her better my phone #is 210-535-8635,or we can make a hunt.

Last edited by lancewright on 10-17-2014 at 08:49 PM

Old Post 10-17-2014 08:42 PM
lancewright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lancewright Click here to Send lancewright a Private Message Click Here to Email lancewright Find more posts by lancewright Add lancewright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davidmorehead
UKC Forum Member

R u wanting to buy or breed to ?

Old Post 10-20-2014 01:06 AM
davidmorehead is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davidmorehead Click here to Send davidmorehead a Private Message Click Here to Email davidmorehead Find more posts by davidmorehead Add davidmorehead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lancewright
UKC Forum Member

Breed

Old Post 10-20-2014 07:19 PM
myhosss
UKC Forum Member

Perfect Stud Dog

HOLES +HOLES =HOLES żżż NO DOG IS PERFECT! !!

Old Post 10-21-2014 12:12 PM
myhosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhosss Click here to Send myhosss a Private Message Find more posts by myhosss Add myhosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jgandy
UKC Forum Member

Foot

Bigfoot is the only dog that I've personally seen go that would meet your criteria as far as independence and accuracy. But have not hunted with enough pups to say he is throwing that. In 37 years of hunting I've never seen a perfect dog and I'm thinking i never will lol

Old Post 10-21-2014 07:24 PM
jgandy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jgandy Click here to Send jgandy a Private Message Click Here to Email jgandy Find more posts by jgandy Add jgandy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lancewright
UKC Forum Member

No doubt that a perfect dog doesn't exist,just trying to see what's out there!

Old Post 10-21-2014 08:57 PM
BLACKNTANS
UKC Forum Member

skipper would probably meet all those qualities except#1 (not completely deaf) and #9 for the shyness, and by that i mean he would cower if he didnt know you.
He was the real deal and i feel people missed the boat on his reproducing.

Not sure why you would want one that independant. Dont get me wrong i like and independant dog but if we are gonna slam one right out of the gate mine better be there and be first

PAST HOME OF
GR NT CH TENNESSEE TRIP
(CH GRNT CH HOLDINGS ROCKET FUEL X GR NT CH JUNIORS DARK HOLLOW DAISY)

NT CH JANE'S BOY
(GR NT CH BTTB BLACKHAWK X GR NT CH GI JANE)

Last edited by BLACKNTANS on 10-22-2014 at 04:37 PM

Old Post 10-21-2014 09:43 PM
BLACKNTANS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLACKNTANS Click here to Send BLACKNTANS a Private Message Find more posts by BLACKNTANS Add BLACKNTANS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tha_Mike_B
UKC Forum Member

I hope you find what your looking for and book me for a PUP!!!

Old Post 10-23-2014 10:09 PM
Tha_Mike_B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tha_Mike_B Click here to Send Tha_Mike_B a Private Message Click Here to Email Tha_Mike_B Find more posts by Tha_Mike_B Add Tha_Mike_B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davidmorehead
UKC Forum Member

If one like that turns up somewhere that is for sale I'd like a crack at him or her !!!

Old Post 10-24-2014 02:31 AM
davidmorehead is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davidmorehead Click here to Send davidmorehead a Private Message Click Here to Email davidmorehead Find more posts by davidmorehead Add davidmorehead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keaton
UKC Forum Member

Grntch Bad Company Ridin Solo one of the breeds best in my opinion.

Old Post 10-24-2014 05:00 AM
Keaton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Keaton Click here to Send Keaton a Private Message Click Here to Email Keaton Find more posts by Keaton Add Keaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Austin Sigmon
UKC Forum Member

Bigfoot...... can trail to much some say but guaranteed by himself and guaranteed coon has won over 20000 as 5 year old!

Old Post 10-26-2014 01:52 AM
Austin Sigmon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Austin Sigmon Click here to Send Austin Sigmon a Private Message Click Here to Email Austin Sigmon Find more posts by Austin Sigmon Add Austin Sigmon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J. Langley
UKC Forum Member

Call Cary Stender in IA. He has what you are looking for out there. The dog has never been offered to the public and i have no idea what kind of pups he will throw but hes bred really good (Hoss x Super Sting) and has everything you mentioned. Was so independent when he was young it was a fault. When he was a baby he would actually leave if something covered him. Most accurrate dog i've ever been in the woods with, and a HUGE hunting dog. If you want to know more about him call or text me and i will get you Cary's # if your are interested. I dont have anything in it and can tell you that I recently bought a female with 1 intent in mind if she made it. Im crossing her on him. First female ive owned in over 15 years. 574-727-4242

Old Post 10-28-2014 01:20 AM
J. Langley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J. Langley Click here to Send J. Langley a Private Message Find more posts by J. Langley Add J. Langley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BUGMAN88
UKC Forum Member

BLACKANDTANS

X2 on skipper. Have a male out of him and he seems to be throwing some early starters. Running a drag and freeing it since they were about 3 months old they are a little over 5 months now and showing a lot of promise.

BLACK AND TANS
GR FCH GRNITECH GRCH'PR' COLTENS RAGGIN BLCK HTX
PR SASSY SUZIE

BLUETICKS

The pups Moon and Buddy

Shawn Flynn 814-619-9097

Old Post 10-29-2014 11:42 PM
BUGMAN88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BUGMAN88 Click here to Send BUGMAN88 a Private Message Click Here to Email BUGMAN88 Find more posts by BUGMAN88 Add BUGMAN88 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lancewright
UKC Forum Member

My partner has been looking at Bigfoot and he's definatley on the list,what are the solo pups doing?mr.langley I will call u when I get a chance,do you know if that dog has any pups on the ground?

Old Post 10-30-2014 02:59 PM
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

Good Luck on your search!
Happy Tracks!

NITE CH GRCH. TIM'S HURRICANE CREEK DOZER HTX DNA-P (GrndSireBTTBCane)
NITE CH. LARRY'S HURRICANE HAWKGONE DNA-P (BTTB BlackHawk) 2018-2019 PERFORMANCE SIRE
CH. HURRICANE STORMIN LUCY LOU (Sire Ike) (Half Owner Jason & Joey of Hurricane Creek B&T Kennel II)
CH HURRICANE ATNITE BIG HOWLER (My 5th generation son!) (Sire Hurricane HawkGone) (GrandSire Dozer)
GR CH 3 IKE'S BLACK JOE (Sire- GrNiteChGrCh Cooper's Stormin Ike)
CH.HURRICANE CREEK ROGUE ONE (Sire Howler, Grand Sire HawkGone)
LARRY'S HURRICANE CREEK RAE (sire Howler, grand sire HawkGone)
BLACKBURNS BEE (Sire Blackburns Snuffy II)(Half Owner with Jon Kibler)
NEW HOUNDS IN THE KENNEL;
HURRICANE HARLEM'S HARLO (Sire Harlem)
HURRICANE KIBLER'S ANNIE (Sire 6 gun Albert)

Old Post 10-30-2014 03:55 PM
Larry B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry B. Click here to Send Larry B. a Private Message Find more posts by Larry B. Add Larry B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J. Langley
UKC Forum Member

lancewright, I think he was bred once when he was young, & I'm not sure if Cary has bred any or not to him since he's had him. I know they tried breeding the Hazel female that Troubles & Rapper are off of to him, but Cary said she had a really crazy cycle & didn't think she would take & she didn't. I wanted 1 of those pretty bad.

Old Post 11-01-2014 02:47 PM
J. Langley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J. Langley Click here to Send J. Langley a Private Message Find more posts by J. Langley Add J. Langley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
billy anderson
UKC Forum Member

Lance call me at 912 675 1867

home of:

PKC Champion GRANDNITECH GRCH "PR" "Raw Dawgs" Big Black

PKC Champion FIELDCH GRNITECH GRNDWATERCH GRCH "PR" Raw Dawgs Batmans Joker

PKC Champion GRNTCH GRCH SMOKIN MINDY

GRNTCH BLACK RIVER BOOTS
"the good ones dont always start early, but the great ones do"

Old Post 11-01-2014 07:58 PM
billy anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billy anderson Click here to Send billy anderson a Private Message Click Here to Email billy anderson Find more posts by billy anderson Add billy anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lancewright
UKC Forum Member

Billy,I will call u tomorrowif that's alright, I'm down in south texas and service isn't that good

Old Post 11-01-2014 08:07 PM
billy anderson
UKC Forum Member

Wink

OK

home of:

PKC Champion GRANDNITECH GRCH "PR" "Raw Dawgs" Big Black

PKC Champion FIELDCH GRNITECH GRNDWATERCH GRCH "PR" Raw Dawgs Batmans Joker

PKC Champion GRNTCH GRCH SMOKIN MINDY

GRNTCH BLACK RIVER BOOTS
"the good ones dont always start early, but the great ones do"

Old Post 11-01-2014 11:16 PM
billy anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billy anderson Click here to Send billy anderson a Private Message Click Here to Email billy anderson Find more posts by billy anderson Add billy anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote