UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > EPIC hunt last night!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
screwgreen
UKC Forum Member

EPIC hunt last night!

Here lately I have had some great hunts with this nite champion walker female I got a little bit ago.

Every time I have turned her out, I have found her on a tree with a coon. She's a pretty good old dog.
Last night takes the cake though.....Cut her and a younger walker loose and within 50 yards she had opened, and was driving the track hard. She hit a lake and crossed the water to an island about 200 yards out. She gave out 3 long locates and sat treed. We had no way of getting anywhere near her. The closest way to get to her was set on a boat dock about 100 yards from her. I could see her flashing collar light on the island and got to where I could see which tree she was on. I shined the tree and could see two coon eyes in the top of it from 99 yards away. With the help of a squaller and today's bright lights, I could see their eyes. At 99 yards (on the garmin) I took that coon out of the tree across a body of water! 30 mins later I had Anna on her way across the water to me! She stayed treed on that tree for a little over 3 hours solid..... I'm proud of this big 7 year old girl! This is a pic from earlier this year...

Last edited by screwgreen on 09-29-2013 at 06:07 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-29-2013 06:02 PM
screwgreen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for screwgreen Click here to Send screwgreen a Private Message Click Here to Email screwgreen Find more posts by screwgreen Add screwgreen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

No color blindness here

I love my blue dogs and at 55 I mostly pleasure hunt but I like a good coonhound of any color! Have fun that is what it should be all about.

Old Post 09-29-2013 07:53 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
screwgreen
UKC Forum Member

I am only 18 and just got into coonhunting about 2 years ago, and I just now have some dogs that I actually would call decent. I absolutely love the way she hunts and going with my father and his friends (coonhunters all their lives) makes it enjoyable!

Old Post 09-29-2013 08:50 PM
screwgreen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for screwgreen Click here to Send screwgreen a Private Message Click Here to Email screwgreen Find more posts by screwgreen Add screwgreen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote